Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Our reccie in Brisbane...

Our reccie in Brisbane...

Old May 11th 2007, 10:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our reccie in Brisbane...

Originally Posted by themerlin
That could be why the road toll is higher, becuase you are in the car more.
People always comment on the price of petrol when the visit, I point out it might be half the price but you have to drive twice as much

Customer service ? I think people mistake fake friendliness for customer service
Thats very true actually - lots of staff that want to be nosey and ask oooh why are you buying that and what are you doing tonight....but when you want service, forget it! Its very nice of the lady in Coles to ask what does that cake taste like, it looks nice and are you sharing it with a friend, but when it takes her 10 minutes to track down someone who can tell me what type of tomatoes are in my bag and another 10 minutes to work out how much they cost...........
Old May 16th 2007, 4:32 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our reccie in Brisbane...

An example of customer service at Brisbane Airport:

We ordered some potato wedges for a quick snack before boarding our plane. OH asks the waitress how long it would take until we get them. She replied - 'however long they take to cook'! As OH remarked, at least they do cook them...

To me, customer service isn't about the checkout assistant smiling and asking how you are. Customer service is about being able to ask a shopworker a question and to get an answer promptly from either them or someone who does know; customer service is about getting something delivered when promised or getting a visit when promised; and it's about realising that the customer is always right if it means they're satisfied with the eventual service or product, they'll tell their friends about it, and they'll return in the future. And those are universal values, applicable to anywhere in the world.