British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   One month in !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/one-month-464646/)

Brisben Jul 9th 2007 2:53 am

One month in !!

Flew to Melbourne on 7th June, great flights with Singapore airlines.

Stayed at rellies for 2.5 weeks, hired a car and just enjoyed the dodgy weather melbourne has to offer. Went to the aquarium, puffing billy steam train, the dandenong ranges and visited the city. I stayed in a suburb called Halam, close to Dandenong, First thoughts was wow I like this, not dandenong it is a dump !!!! Went to safety beach and went up to aurthers seat, Overall had a great time.

Flew onto Brisvegas with virgin blue, another good flight,. was collected by rellies again. stayed at their house whilst we sorted ourselves out.

Anyway we have rented a house in Wynnum west. renting was easy, so don't let it bother you !! fully furnished the place, I mean bought everything, went to the QLD STATE police auctions and bought a 2006 commodore, nice car.

Anyway most things are sorted, kids of to school tomorrow, manly west,.

Had such a great time here already, I am settling in very well, I know it is early days, but I am falling in love with the place..

Only thing left is to find jobs, applying for a few today !

I have found somethings very different to the UK it isn't all what I expected, but the weather is great and having a picnic in manly by the water whilst the kids play in the park overlooking all the boats is idylic.

I haven't seen any large spiders yet although we have ghecko's on the balcony.

Love to tell you more but time is short at the moment...

Hope everyone is well and hope to see some of you locals around !!!:)

sammyg Jul 9th 2007 6:46 am

Re: One month in !!

Good post, nice to hear you managed to get a rental so easlily. Good luck with the job hunting:thumbup:

Sam:)

Issie Jul 9th 2007 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Brisben (Post 5028813)

Stayed at rellies for 2.5 weeks, hired a car and just enjoyed the dodgy weather melbourne has to offer. Went to the aquarium, puffing billy steam train, the dandenong ranges and visited the city. I stayed in a suburb called Halam, close to Dandenong, First thoughts was wow I like this, not dandenong it is a dump !!!! Went to safety beach and went up to aurthers seat, Overall had a great time.

Flew onto Brisvegas with virgin blue, another good flight,. was collected by rellies again. stayed at their house whilst we sorted ourselves out.

Anyway we have rented a house in Wynnum west. renting was easy, so don't let it bother you !! fully furnished the place, I mean bought everything, went to the QLD STATE police auctions and bought a 2006 commodore, nice car.

Had such a great time here already, I am settling in very well, I know it is early days, but I am falling in love with the place..

I have found somethings very different to the UK it isn't all what I expected, but the weather is great and having a picnic in manly by the water whilst the kids play in the park overlooking all the boats is idylic.

Glad things are going smoothly for you Ben.......keep us updated.

Keep smiling and be happy :)

Wendy Jul 9th 2007 6:57 am

Welcome to Australia Ben and family :thumbsup:

tracey.d Jul 9th 2007 8:36 am

Good to hear from you. Hope the good times continue :)

Tracey

Stitch Jul 9th 2007 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben (Post 5028813)

Great news, glad you're settling in ok. Welcome to the Bayside! Hooray for school tomorrow....Mine also at Manly West!

Cheers

Ginny

Sam Jul 9th 2007 12:10 pm

Welcome Ben

Good luck with the job hunting, hope the kids settle ok into school, sounds like you've been busy :rofl:

redlion Jul 9th 2007 12:57 pm

Nice one Ben, great to be here at last eh after all the heartache getting here. good luck dude.

All the best,

Nev ;)

moneypenny20 Jul 9th 2007 1:26 pm

You took your time getting here;) Pleased it's all falling into place. Shows how long it's taken you, the kids weren't old enough for school when we met:rofl:

Nu-Shooz Jul 9th 2007 1:29 pm

Great stuff. Nice to hear your story so far:thumbsup:

SalSa Jul 9th 2007 1:58 pm

Good to hear from you Ben and glad everything is working out :thumbup:

kris maynard Jul 12th 2007 12:43 am

Cor Blimey blast from the past!!!!

Glad you made it it and hope everything is fab for the future !!!

Kris xx

shiels Jul 12th 2007 9:22 am

Glad you arrived safely, hope all your dreams come true ;) C x

Brisben Jul 16th 2007 4:13 am

Originally Posted by kris maynard (Post 5042978)
Cor Blimey blast from the past!!!!

Glad you made it it and hope everything is fab for the future !!!

Kris xx

Yep , fail to plan= plan to fail. I just need a job now although there seems plenty of work in Brisbane...

Just enjoying the weather at the mo, having a good time.

Thanks for all the kind words:)

ub40fan Jul 16th 2007 12:47 pm

Hi Ben

I really hope that things keep going well for you and you your family. Good luck for the future on the job front.

Shirley