Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

OMFG-I'm finally here in Aus!!!!!

OMFG-I'm finally here in Aus!!!!!

Old Nov 26th 2008, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OMFG-I'm finally here in Aus!!!!!

Originally Posted by TinaandChris
Hi Cheryl,

Any help would be great as it is my only worry at the mo, cos everyone is saying how tough it will be in 2 weeks. perhaps we will try to extend the other rental, but the holiday rentals are more expensive!

Have you heard much about Ocean Reef schools, and what catchment you would have to be in ? We have never been so either brave or stupid...Can't decide!!!

We were struggling to find a rental it felt like, so took the first one available on the dates we needed!

Can't wait to get there, but know it will be a tough couple of months with all the sorting out. Great you had family to help though.

All the best,

Tina
Hey-it will all work out!!!

I have heard Ocean Reef Senior High is good-but in Carramar we are out the catchment area. My son goes to Belridge Senior High-seems ok. I was going to change him to Private-but he has friends now and doesnt wanna go through all new kid stuff again.

I will ask my friend about rentals and get back to u. If u wanna PM me ur email address I will ask him for his.

You'll be fine-I did feel a little disempowered but the aussies anre friendly and to be honest there are more brits up this way anyway!!!!

Keep me posted!!!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Originally Posted by flossie22
Hey-it will all work out!!!

I have heard Ocean Reef Senior High is good-but in Carramar we are out the catchment area. My son goes to Belridge Senior High-seems ok. I was going to change him to Private-but he has friends now and doesnt wanna go through all new kid stuff again.

I will ask my friend about rentals and get back to u. If u wanna PM me ur email address I will ask him for his.

You'll be fine-I did feel a little disempowered but the aussies anre friendly and to be honest there are more brits up this way anyway!!!!

Keep me posted!!!

Cheers Cheryl, have pm'd you
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck, enjoyed the update
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi flossie

We are just down the road from you, Currently in Pearsall and in Jan we'll be at Regent Waters, Wanneroo.

We found they are quite strict on catchment areas for schools (kids 15, 13 and 6), and were left with Wanneroo as our only option. After a rocky few days, the kids are quite happy there. We also heard bad things, but in actual fact it's undergoing redevelopment, and as long as you have self disciplined kids it's not bad.

We also invested in a pup, he's a 9 week old shitzu cross maltese. He is a new playmate for our beagle who we brought with us from the UK and who is more trouble than the pup!!!!! Can't wait to get them both on the beach together. Basil the Beagle is having a visit from 'bark busters' on Saturday - he has a few bad manners!!!! New pup was nearly called 'Ozzy', but kids decided on Bailey (one of my fav drinks).

Enjoyed your update. Take Care
Caroline
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:51 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hi Flossie

Thanks for the update great to hear how you are settling -where in Carramar are you? My mum lives Carramar in Litchfield Crescent and we are moving to live with her when we go - we fly out 22nd January - just wondered I know that Carramar is pretty big but my mum said that the people renting next door moved over from UK a few months ago - how weird would that be if you lived next door tee hee.

I was intending registering my kids in Carramar Primary when we arrive???

Its nice to see all the wee dogs - we just had to rehome our 9 year old dog Sandy because of the move so there were a few tears from my 8 and 9 year old last weekend but they seem fine now - he has gone to a lovely home so happy in that respect.

Wendy