British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   OK HERE GOES NEARLY A MONTH IN!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/ok-here-goes-nearly-month-502766/)

want2bthere Jan 1st 2008 11:28 am

OK HERE GOES NEARLY A MONTH IN!!!!!

now i,ve got 5 mins and kids in bed thought i'd do a update a lots happened in the month some godd some bad!!!! here goes.........
arrived in brisbane to glorious sunshine on 6th dec. flew with singapore airlines couldnt fault them apart from the fact the the hostesses looked immaculate and after 20 hours of flying i felt like hiding behing the saftey manual;) boys aged 4 and 6 were ok on flight, my youngest had a bit of sickness when he woke up once but apart from that no hiccups.

booked in to hotel in brisbane for a few days. managed to get medicare without fixed address, sorted out bank. hired car for travel upto port douglas and back again.

low lights - glass panel door at hotel shatters and falls on top of my 4yr old:eek: called ambulance who were super quick, gave me option of state or private hospital ummmmmmmm whatever, we had medicare and travel insurance but went to a state hospital. they were really good, luis needed some gas and air quite a bit of glue and lots of dressings on his legs but is ok now. the hotel put us up for another night, abit of guilt there me thinks. do we proceed down the calims route not sure yet, emigrating is hard enough let alone sueing someone aswell;)
whilst staying in port douglas a centipede got into luis bed and bit him on the hand whilst he was sleeping (I KNOW HE HASNT HAS MUCH LUCK!)middle of night so called yep you've guessed it an ambulance:o. he also wasnt sure what to do either. luis hand was swollen and he was quite upset, rang hospital for advice, decided that it wasnt poisonious so some painrelief administered and he settled down. but swelling took 2 days to go down. steve took a picture of the offender( chopped in half it was huge)
not being able to find accomodation because of the holidays

highlights, great barrier reef christmas day, rainforest walk in port douglas boxing day, seeing my childrens faces at the beach, the weather( until now:p) friendly people, laughing at the anti-hooning signs:D, fireworks in brisbane new year eve .

through all the places we stopped at we will be settling around buderim/mountain creek it just feels right and had everything we need so
of to buy a car tomorrow and then heading back upto buderim to find a rental then hopefully might feel a bit more settled. had enough a lugging suitcases around. we've had some trying times already but we're still prepared to make a go of it here. lets see what 2008 brings:thumbsup:

rebnatoli Jan 1st 2008 8:19 pm

Re: OK HERE GOES NEARLY A MONTH IN!!!!!

What a start! Hope you don't need another ambulance for quite a while!

Glad you've had some good times though.

Rebecca

maisey Jan 1st 2008 9:14 pm

Poor little man what a horrible time he has had. Look onwards and upwards from now.
2008 will be your year.:thumbsup:

Nerine Jan 1st 2008 9:20 pm

Well at least you've got all your bad luck out of the way right at the start, poor litte mite what an introduction to Australia.

Glad to hear everything else went ok.

Fly Away Jan 1st 2008 11:00 pm

Hi W2BT!

I wondered how you were doing. Glad that you have recovered from little one's traumas. Onwards and upwards now.:thumbsup:

Fingers crossed that you find a rental in the area you are looking.:thumbup::wub:

Take care

xxx:wub:

Gonnago Jan 2nd 2008 1:11 pm

Hey there rover.

Fab to get an update, poor wee Luis, I hope thats the end of his dramas now. bless him.

Keep us updated.:wub:

asher Jan 2nd 2008 10:42 pm

Hi good to hear from you,

your poor Louis is having a rough time of it isn't he!!

glad that everything else is going well

take care:thumbsup:

want2bthere Jan 2nd 2008 11:08 pm

thanks guys. you know that kids bounce back much better than us so called grown ups:D
WE'VE BROUGHT A CAR - YIPEEEEEEEEEEE. something that we can call our own. going to pick it up today, and we got our queensland driving licences we've managed to get a holiday let for a few weeks (some british expats that moved over from perth own it!). its in maroochydore which will be a good base to find a rental. our uk visa card has been a god send dont come here without one!!! oh and not to mention our tom tom,:thumbsup: couldnt read a map in the uk let alone here
btw love the sunshine coast!!!!!!!!!
good luck to all on their way.:thumbsup:

s-jmelbournewannabe Jan 2nd 2008 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 5731495)
thanks guys. you know that kids bounce back much better than us so called grown ups:D
WE'VE BROUGHT A CAR - YIPEEEEEEEEEEE. something that we can call our own. going to pick it up today, and we got our queensland driving licences we've managed to get a holiday let for a few weeks (some british expats that moved over from perth own it!). its in maroochydore which will be a good base to find a rental. our uk visa card has been a god send dont come here without one!!! oh and not to mention our tom tom,:thumbsup: couldnt read a map in the uk let alone here
btw love the sunshine coast!!!!!!!!!
good luck to all on their way.:thumbsup:

Hi hon!

glad you're enjoying it all. with drama's and all. We got here on the 27th Nov, brissie anyway, then stayed at peregian, then mt creek on the 3rd Dec, love it in Mt creek, but wouldnt buy here, i want something with a bit more land before next doors fence! :D

Will pm you,

S-j x

want2bthere Jan 4th 2008 11:29 am

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 5731570)
Hi hon!

glad you're enjoying it all. with drama's and all. We got here on the 27th Nov, brissie anyway, then stayed at peregian, then mt creek on the 3rd Dec, love it in Mt creek, but wouldnt buy here, i want something with a bit more land before next doors fence! :D

Will pm you,

S-j x

hi there, yep love mt creek to and i know what you mean about space, but they have a brill school and are REALLY strict on the catchment zone!!!!! so hay ho. but what is with the land prices in mt creek and buderim, anybody would think ya buying gold:sneaky:

want2bthere Jan 4th 2008 11:33 am

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 5731570)
Hi hon!

Will pm you,

S-j x

hi there, yep love mt creek to and i know what you mean about space, but they have a brill school and are REALLY strict on the catchment zone!!!!! so hay ho. but what is with the land prices in mt creek and buderim, anybody would think ya buying gold:sneaky:

and btw, love my new car, brought a all singing all dancing holden captiva:thumbsup: put a huge dent in our savings but couldnt help ourselves.:o

somme Jan 6th 2008 10:12 am

Hi there W2BT

Just 15 mins down the road at Marcus beach just outside Perigian, when you are a bit more settled we will have to meet up.
Hope the little one is feeling better. I will pm you with the address we have a pool if you want to come over and have a barbie one day. :thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Jan 6th 2008 6:11 pm

Good update. Your poor son though, what a start he's had! It can only get better:D