And now what?

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And now what?

Originally Posted by tiger222
It's gone quiet. Still hoping to hear a positive outcome from all this.....please keep us informed

Yes, I guess it has gone quiet...I apologise for that.

It's been really hard to put emotion/facts on black and white...

A lot has happened too...Had an employer who was dead keen to employ me (was their first choice) and they even were willing to employ me through a management company, and after agreeing wages etc, the whole deal collapsed because the company lawyer had reservations against the management company's contract!

And thus I lose out...

Had a response back from another interview where I was turned down because I was too "strong" in my experience Even though the job description asks for someone with 5+ years experience!

It fills like for every step forward I make, there are two steps backward...

We are now in the 28 days zone...I am expecting DIAC to get calling soon

My old company is chasing me give them date for our departure so that they can honour their obligations and buy us tickets home...

Anyone knows how quickly can one get superannuation...Just need to know this in case I have to take this route. At least could use the money for shipping stuff back...and the cat back!

My daughter is not getting on the plane unless the cat is going too...

Other than this, all is fine...

(Sorry for coming across too negative..)

Last edited by Syedney; Jul 22nd 2010 at 11:56 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

I'm sorry, that's a lot of emotion.....Many Highs followed by lows....and the underlying uncertainty of it all.

Keep your chin up...something might turn around yet...

Originally Posted by Syedney
Yes, I guess it has gone quiet...I apologise for that.

It's been really hard to put emotion/facts on black and white...

A lot has happened too...Had an employer who was dead keen to employ me (was their first choice) and they even were willing to employ me through a management company, and after agreeing wages etc, the whole deal collapsed because the company lawyer had reservations against the management company's contract!

And thus I lose out...

Had a response back from another interview where I was turned down because I was too "strong" in my experience Even though the job description asks for someone with 5+ years experience!

It fills like for every step forward I make, there are two steps backward...

We are now in the 28 days zone...I am expecting DIAC to get calling soon

My old company is chasing me give them date for our departure so that they can honour their obligations and buy us tickets home...

Anyone knows how quickly can one get superannuation...Just need to know this in case I have to take this route. At least could use the money for shipping stuff back...and the cat back!

My daughter is not getting on the plane unless the cat is going too...

Other than this, all is fine...

(Sorry for coming across too negative..)
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
I'm sorry, that's a lot of emotion.....Many Highs followed by lows....and the underlying uncertainty of it all.

Keep your chin up...something might turn around yet...

Will do...cheers

On the plus side, I have found out about management companies and now I have a sponsor but no job

Oh the irony of it all
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

If it is any help at all, which I doubt, I still have my fingers & now my toes, crossed for you!:fingerscrosse d:
Old Jul 25th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
If it is any help at all, which I doubt, I still have my fingers & now my toes, crossed for you!:fingerscrosse d:

Thanks and also thanks to everyone else who are keeping everything crossed for us...

Just a quick update:

Last week was unreal. Until Thurday evening, everything was going really well and I was offered a position, agreed on salary and it was all down to the company's lawyers and the management company' migration agent...Ok, migration agent says all fine, so no probs with 457 sponsorship...Now down to the employer...They come back with few issues with the contract between themselves and the management company...so that's it...end of that!

Another week beckons, and a step closer to that dreaded 28 days!

Wish that British Passport helped but it seems a better option is to have a sri-lankan one...We would get right to stay for sure

Just being a bit bitter so apologies for offending anyone...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Stay positive You never know whats around the corner!
Emma
Old Jul 26th 2010, 9:45 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Sending you loads of good wishes Syd, my heart goes out to you & your family, its such a desperate shame. I'm sure you'll keep fighting through to the last minute
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Quick update:

I'll do it a la Star Trek: Day 7. We now have 21 days left to either find a new sponsor or ask DIAC for extra time OR the unthinkable: GO BACK

This is getting far more intense than any I have ever experienced...

Trying to keep a lid on things and keep the spirits up...We are grateful for all the support so far her on BE

It's alive Jim but not as we know it...
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:54 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought Syd...I'm not sure of your daughter's situation on a temporary visa, but...

Under Oz law, your daughter now can stay in Oz under the rule about the child's "habitual residence". Oz Law says that Oz becomes a child's habitual residence after 3 months. They look at various factors, including attendance at school to prove this.

I'm just thinking...George Lombard is the fella to talk to about this, he really is very good & might be able to help you build some kind of stay of execution under your daughters best interests....at least it might give you more time to find a new sponsor.

Sorry if that's not any help, but just want to chuck any ideas into the pot for you.

Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update:

I'll do it a la Star Trek: Day 7. We now have 21 days left to either find a new sponsor or ask DIAC for extra time OR the unthinkable: GO BACK

This is getting far more intense than any I have ever experienced...

Trying to keep a lid on things and keep the spirits up...We are grateful for all the support so far her on BE

It's alive Jim but not as we know it...
Any chance of your wife's employer sponsoring her to stay?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JenniGee

Sorry if that's not any help, but just want to chuck any ideas into the pot for you.

We are grateful for all your suggestion, no matter what it is...So do please keep putting them in the pot

In fact, we did speak to George, just after I had my employment terminated. He did say that in his opinion, it is very unlikely that DIAC would cancel our visa immediately mainly because of my 11 years old, who is doing so well at school (some of the highest marks in NSW ), so they may give us till December allowing her to finish schooling...

But we haven't talked to DIAC yet and they'll be calling soon...

Ana mentioned that her boss made a passing remark a while ago about the cost of sponsoring and thinks her boss would not consider this on the basis of having to shell out 10k sponsorship fee...

BTW, does anyone know how much does it cost to the employer to sponsor someone from Australia?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:25 pm
Da bing bing!

Oh that's good, I had an inkling there might be something like that! So will you use George, do you think, to help you get something sorted? Especially if daughter continues to do well, they won't split up the family if there is hope you can find a visa.

I don't know your financial position obviously, but would offering to share the costs of sponsorship with Ana's employer be allowed, if you could do it?

Stay strong, hopefully something will turn up, you're not on the plane out of there yet!

Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Ana mentioned that her boss made a passing remark a while ago about the cost of sponsoring and thinks her boss would not consider this on the basis of having to shell out 10k sponsorship fee...
10k sponsoring fee?

Never heard that one before.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
10k sponsoring fee?

Never heard that one before.

Yes, I have to say I am not an expert in the field, but I have never heard of it either..

From what I understand, Ana's boss heard this from another hairdressers who sponsored someone from Ireland and the 10k was how much they paid for her.

This has somewhat put off Angela (Ana's boss)...
Old Jul 28th 2010, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Just been reading your thread about the 457 visa. I know it's a nightmare 'cos it happened to us too after we'd been here for 5 months!
We spoke to a migration agent here in Perth and DIAC, both were very helpful. Hubs is also in IT&T and we thought we would have to leave, it's not a good feeling is it!!
Anyway, hubs hunted and hunted and eventually found another sponsor, but he didn't want us on the 457, he wanted us to have PR. Luckily he sponsored us for that, but it was 3 months before hubs was able to start work and as you know, there's no financial help from anyone.
I just want to say hang in there, talk to DIAC, if your honest and upfront with them, they'll do what they can to help. I'm sure the perfect job is just around the corner waiting for you.
Keep your chin up and good luck with everything.
Catkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.