Nine days in July.

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nine days in July.

Originally Posted by OSCAB
Hello, I'm really pleased to read your post as my hubby and I are in a similar position. All being well we will be moving to Sydney shortly with three cats. I have signed up to Domain to get info on house details - and having pretty much the same thoughts about costs, size, availability and lack of pet friendly houses.

I'd be grateful if you could let me know how you found adverts for private rentals, so I could start having a look to see if there is anything more suitable for us.

Thanks for your help, its very much appreciated.
I used domain exclusively for our home search. Don't put "pet friendly" in the search criteria. Just focus on houses that do not say in the blurb "No pets". I found only a small number did say this.

So for the houses I liked, I sent a carefully crafted query off, shamelessly selling us as good tenants and then adding that we have two gorgeous well behaved cats but we understood landlord's concerns and so would be willing to pay a pet bond. For most places we were able to get a private appointment, a couple of places had open days coming up so we went along to them.

The house we got did not take us up on our offer of a pet bond and also I learned they ditched another applicant that had already put in an application and deposit. Whoops.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Jul 22nd 2010 at 3:51 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Just wanted to say welcome to Sydney! Haven't been online for a while and just noticed on another thread that you have arrived for good now. Glad to hear it's all coming together now and hope that the weather picks up a bit for you soon.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you can get a breath in soon. The new home sounds great, just the thing to remind you of where you are, serviced apartments could be anywhere.

Great update.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have just learnt how to upload pictures so here are a couple of the kitties in quarantine.
Attached Thumbnails Nine days in July.-imgp0961.jpg   Nine days in July.-imgp0963.jpg  

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Jul 25th 2010 at 2:30 am.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Wow, what a wonderful permanent rental you have found Mrs. BS! I think you and Mr. BS will be very pleased with your new home....and the kitties too, once they can get check it out.

Your story is amazing. I'm so glad things are working out so well for you both. Congratulations....and welcome to Sydney!
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I have just learnt how to upload pictures so here are a couple of the kitties in quarantine.
Your grey kitty seems a little upset....but the long haired seems to be taking it in stride. They are both adorable.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tiger222
Your grey kitty seems a little upset....but the long haired seems to be taking it in stride. They are both adorable.
Spot on. When my husband went to visit the grey one took one look at him, clearly recognised him and went into that white box thing that he is inside in the pic and refused to come out. Major sulk. He is a bit more of an outdoor cat and doesn't like being cooped up. The persian is more of an indoor cat, although he likes to go out sometimes.

The grey one (actually he is a lilac british shorthair ) has already tried to escape. He hid behind the door and made a run for it when the carer came in, took two people to catch him, apparently they rarely see an attempted escape. Three more weeks to go!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Hi Nice to know BS . Feel good to hear that you landed job easily
I validated mine on June 1st week and back to Africa again An year wait again
Old Jul 26th 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Spot on. When my husband went to visit the grey one took one look at him, clearly recognised him and went into that white box thing that he is inside in the pic and refused to come out. Major sulk. He is a bit more of an outdoor cat and doesn't like being cooped up. The persian is more of an indoor cat, although he likes to go out sometimes.

The grey one (actually he is a lilac british shorthair ) has already tried to escape. He hid behind the door and made a run for it when the carer came in, took two people to catch him, apparently they rarely see an attempted escape. Three more weeks to go!
Do us all a favor and put a bell on your cats so the young wildlife can avoid them....There are species endangered because of domestic cats....
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future

Lovely pics of the kitties. Was like looking at our two with a colour change. We brought a cream British shorthair girl and a red half Persian boy. Sadly, we lost the boy at the weekend to kidney disease, but he was 15 and had had a great, pampered life. Hope your two are none-the-worse for their little holiday and settle in quickly.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by katietops01
Lovely pics of the kitties. Was like looking at our two with a colour change. We brought a cream British shorthair girl and a red half Persian boy. Sadly, we lost the boy at the weekend to kidney disease, but he was 15 and had had a great, pampered life. Hope your two are none-the-worse for their little holiday and settle in quickly.
Aw sorry to hear about your boy. Persians are prone to kidney disease so he did very well to get to that ripe old age.

I used to have a cream BSH, he was gorgeous but he was run over a couple of months after we moved back from Bermuda. He was the half brother of my other BSH (the most well travelled cat in the world having lived in UK, Bermuda and now Australia). Everyone said Lewis had a permanent worried look.
Attached Thumbnails Nine days in July.-55.jpg   Nine days in July.-53.jpg  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh I love the photo of them on the table, so cute. Glad to see they've gotten used to their surroundings.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OneSmallVoice
Ohhhh I love the photo of them on the table, so cute. Glad to see they've gotten used to their surroundings.
Oh no that was my boys in Bermuda. Currently my cats are in quarantine, it is a bank holiday on Monday in NSW and I have managed to make an appointment to go and see them even though it is not visiting day, can't wait.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no that was my boys in Bermuda. Currently my cats are in quarantine, it is a bank holiday on Monday in NSW and I have managed to make an appointment to go and see them even though it is not visiting day, can't wait.
Oh sorry! oops.

I wondered how they looked so chillaxed already! Good luck with the visit . . before you know it they'll be home and settled and doing little annoying things that make you smile!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future

Persians are prone to kidney disease so he did very well to get to that ripe old age.
Yes, we lost his brother 5 years ago to the same thing. If I can work out how to attach a picture, here are the two of them very shortly after they arrived in Australia - the toys are ones that Dilly (the BSH) stole from the other cats in quarantine.
Attached Thumbnails Nine days in July.-pa240030compressed.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.