nice place to visit

Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice
Default nice place to visit

just doing a reccie,while living with my brother and his kids out in the goldcoast (near junction49 m1),

The flight out was pretty good with a 1yr old just one grumpy episode as we didn't take enough milk ( thought we would be ok for the last feed using water). we were able to take/get 3+ cow&gate milk after secuity at heathrow food boots pharamacy also before security we were allowed to take a bottle of cow&gate follow on milk and baby food jars. all the plane and custom staff were great made the trip nice.

just going to start sorting out car hire now were here.

have hired a car though eastcoast car rental, as they were recommended by serveral people (thanks guys), just thought i'd let you know, book though the web site as we've have saved upto 40% off rental over 20 days for a camry
with all ins inc comp for all in 1200$
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nice place to visit

pleased its all going smoothly so far.

S-j
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

yesterday we went to see some of the showhomes that are available, very good layouts in most and nicely decorated (showhomes ) overall not bad price wise it's just going to depend on cost of land (we dont have deep pockets - but would like too )

the house were staying in is a 'hallmark catena', nice practical home.

we won't necessarily go for new may well be a old house in need of some tlc.

today we intend to go window shopping at some of the big furniture stores like super amart, harvey norman, etc

must drop by one the diy stores at some point too (bunnings)
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

having been to some of the aforementioned places, i thought i'd say, that most of the stuff you'll want in your home is more or less the same sort of price you would pay in the uk - somethings are a bit cheaper some are a bit dearer. so all in all average.
been to quite a few new built showhomes and have noticed that there seem to be quite some difference to the build aeras, what i mean is that some of the areas turn out to be all the houses in the the middle and then have a small park/play area tacted on the outside or you get a very well planned "village" type, where the park area is in the middle and then you get the very nice park/play area/lake with bbq area . i'm sure i have missed some types but this is what i have seen so far.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Hi,

we are comimg out to Palm Beach in April to validate (as we still cant shift the blxxdy house)

we aren't sure if we'll go for old or new - good to get all the info. I have looked at a few sites which give you the master plan but I'm sure it's going to give us a better feel once where there.

where abouts are you heading when you arrive for good?

did you manage to get to a diy store - r the like b&q??

anyway, thanks for your update on your reccie - the more info the better,

cheers
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

hi sheli0508, yes went to a diy store 'bunnings' very simular to b&q.
definitely goto some showhomes gives you a better feel of the sizing if you check out some web sites for hallmark plus others they will tell you where to look. weve being just going in and out the display homes but for the first time went into the sales office for the estate thought it was going to be like a full on estate agent but they weren't. we got a lot of very good information from them nice 'expat brit' we were taking to also told us off forth coming developments.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:03 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goingau View Post
just doing a reccie,while living with my brother and his kids out in the goldcoast (near junction49 m1),

The flight out was pretty good with a 1yr old just one grumpy episode as we didn't take enough milk ( thought we would be ok for the last feed using water). we were able to take/get 3+ cow&gate milk after secuity at heathrow food boots pharamacy also before security we were allowed to take a bottle of cow&gate follow on milk and baby food jars. all the plane and custom staff were great made the trip nice.

just going to start sorting out car hire now were here.

have hired a car though eastcoast car rental, as they were recommended by serveral people (thanks guys), just thought i'd let you know, book though the web site as we've have saved upto 40% off rental over 20 days for a camry
with all ins inc comp for all in 1200$
Rent a bomb mate, loads cheaper...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Brisben - Rent a bomb mate, loads cheaper...

thanks but but unless i owned a rough car (that i knew the in's and out off) i wouldn't want my 1yr old in it.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi, there. Thankyou for this, it's really useful. We're going for a reccie to Brisbane in December so this is all good info. Are you checking out any schools at all or just areas to live?

Tracey
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

really just checking costs of living not that it makes a difference to us coming just so we won't be too shocked when we goto buy food 'n' essentials.

for example bread/cakes/muffins (love tesco's muffins) dearer, meat generally cheaper.
mud cake from woollies very nice, muffins cack

also checking types of housing and types of areas, wouldn't have know how big a pest midges are around the 'waters' developments without reading someone else's thread.

more checking of schools and areas will be done after/if if we get a visa, as alot can proberly change in that time span.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:42 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goingau View Post
Brisben - Rent a bomb mate, loads cheaper...

thanks but but unless i owned a rough car (that i knew the in's and out off) i wouldn't want my 1yr old in it.
The name doesn't fo it justice, I hired a 2 year old car and much cheaper than all your big names...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Brisben, thanks anyway have now looked at rent-a-bomb site not bad, but i had already booked from east coast.
the booking was for [email protected]$ for a camry

i did have an earlier post "car hire" but rent-a-bomb was not mentioned.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

hi all haven't been on here for ages, although have looked in every now and again.

the car hire was very good and would recommend them.

still are looking at going to oz, but we are waiting for my OH to pass her exams with cima (six more to go) she's finding studying a bit hard with our 20 month old running around, as it's so much fun to watch and play with her as she grows (she's just starting to speak proper sentances ).

really miss going to the beach at the end of the day and chill'in out. we got used to getting up early 5am and going to bed about 10pm, as it felt that we had made the most of the day.

i'm conviced that our little would have better oppertunites out there than here in the uk but i guess life is what you make of it.

i did quite like the area we stayed in for our holiday ( upper coomera ) but feel it is a bit barron of spirit as in walking to amenities, local shops it's hard to put my finger on it i liked mount tamborine even living some distance from others perhaps sterile is the better word.

flight back to uk were better than flight out as we made sure we had enough milk for little one (she still loves milk, cow milk that is) all customs were great.

loved the show houses, oz houses seem to allow space to do things in.