A newly arrived newbie

Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

janeypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the rough
Talking A newly arrived newbie

Hi there!

I arrived in Sydney Wednesday last week (16th Jan) after a grueling flight from Manchester and 14 hours in transit at singapore airport and a bumpy ride on the new airbus from singapore... even the usually so polite and chirpy singapore air stewardesses looked a tad concerned!!

So here I am after 2 years in the planning!! I've done it all on my own and I don't really know anyone in sydney so I'm feeling a bit proud of myself for being here
I have to admit to having a few second thoughts before my final departure... final xmas in the UK with the folks and all those goodbyes etc took there toll but for the first time I'm now feeling excited about being here. After months of people asking me if I was excited and me feeling guilty about not being at all I can finally throw myself at my new adventure )

So here I am... hoping to make lots of new friends and waiting for the rain to stop!!!

speak to you all soon I hope!

Jane
xxx
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A newly arrived newbie

Well done you! Enjoy!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeypie
Hi there!

I arrived in Sydney Wednesday last week (16th Jan) after a grueling flight from Manchester and 14 hours in transit at singapore airport and a bumpy ride on the new airbus from singapore... even the usually so polite and chirpy singapore air stewardesses looked a tad concerned!!

So here I am after 2 years in the planning!! I've done it all on my own and I don't really know anyone in sydney so I'm feeling a bit proud of myself for being here
I have to admit to having a few second thoughts before my final departure... final xmas in the UK with the folks and all those goodbyes etc took there toll but for the first time I'm now feeling excited about being here. After months of people asking me if I was excited and me feeling guilty about not being at all I can finally throw myself at my new adventure )

So here I am... hoping to make lots of new friends and waiting for the rain to stop!!!

Jane
xxx

Welcome to Sydney and to BE
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

THE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the rough

Well done Jane, enjoy your new life
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to Sydney I arrived in Sydney on my own 18 year ago and met OH at a party. After 17 years in the UK (and three kids) we finally made it back 6 months ago. Sydney is a great place to be single
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

yc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really nice

Good luck on your new adventure Jane & welcome to BE

yc2m
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

janeypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the rough

thanks everyone!

I've slowly but surely sorted things out ... the only things left on my list of things to do is find somewhere to live (although I might have done that... still waiting to hear) and start work, which will be next week! Looking forward to starting to meet people and develop a social circle... feel like a total billy no mates at the moment!

might even pop along to one of your weekly meet ups if you're all nice to me!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Welcome to Sydney I arrived in Sydney on my own 18 year ago and met OH at a party. After 17 years in the UK (and three kids) we finally made it back 6 months ago. Sydney is a great place to be single
well here's hoping!! would be nice to meet "someone" i have to admit... although knowing my luck it'll be someone from the wirral!! (where I'm from in the UK)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:26 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jane and welcome to Sydney!

I am off back to the UK shortly but hope you find all you want here!

i have found Sydney a lovely place, the billy no mates feeling will wear off pretty quickly.

enjoy yourself
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:03 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

well here's hoping!! would be nice to meet "someone" i have to admit... although knowing my luck it'll be someone from the wirral!! (where I'm from in the UK)
eh up a posh scouser
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:32 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Hi there!

Jane
xxx
Hi Jane
My Hubby 2 girls and I have been here almost 3 months so we are pretty new too. Sydney is a big place with lots of things to do so hope you have fun.
xx
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Oz-bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

Jane
xxx

Hi and welcome to Sydney (and it has finally stopped raining!!!) I've been here 4 months now and LOVE it! If you ever fancy meeting up or someone to ask those questions you think are silly (they're not I assure you) shout out.

And enjoy
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your new life & well done for being so brave!
Welcome to BE too!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
eh up a posh scouser
typical! I travel half way around teh world to get rid of that tag line!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oz-bound
Hi and welcome to Sydney (and it has finally stopped raining!!!) I've been here 4 months now and LOVE it! If you ever fancy meeting up or someone to ask those questions you think are silly (they're not I assure you) shout out.

And enjoy
always up for meeting up!!!

think this next week is going to be a bit manic (starting new job ) but I'm definitely up for meeting at the weekend or the following week or something??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.