Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

NEW MIGRANTS IN ROCKINGHAM WA, 1 hour south of Perth

NEW MIGRANTS IN ROCKINGHAM WA, 1 hour south of Perth

Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:16 am
Rocko since Feb 07

markrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nice
Default NEW MIGRANTS IN ROCKINGHAM WA, 1 hour south of Perth

Hi there,

If anyone has any questions about our area please feel free to PM us. We don't check as often at moment as in process of buying house and moving in 3-4 weeks. I am always happy to tell everyone about anything that we know about or can easily find in our local library.

We emigrated in November 2006, and travelled for a few months before deciding to settle in Rockingham/Perth area. We ended up in Rockingham quite by mistake and love it.

Within a week of getting interviews my husband had a 3 month contract in IT. His contract was going to be extended but he got a permanent job in the week leading up to the renewal. He therefore finished one job on the friday and started a new one on Tuesday (we were away the monday)

We fit in well with our community and the fact that we live in Units is a bonus, we spend much more time with our neighbours than I am sure we would in permanent accomodation.

I work in Childcare and would be most welcome to help anyone overcome the working with children check issues that I had. PM me if you are unsure on this.

Anyway hope that this is of some help to anyone looking at South of Perth.

Angie
Old Jun 16th 2007, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEW MIGRANTS IN ROCKINGHAM WA, 1 hour south of Perth

Originally Posted by markrj
Hi there,

If anyone has any questions about our area please feel free to PM us. We don't check as often at moment as in process of buying house and moving in 3-4 weeks. I am always happy to tell everyone about anything that we know about or can easily find in our local library.

We emigrated in November 2006, and travelled for a few months before deciding to settle in Rockingham/Perth area. We ended up in Rockingham quite by mistake and love it.

Within a week of getting interviews my husband had a 3 month contract in IT. His contract was going to be extended but he got a permanent job in the week leading up to the renewal. He therefore finished one job on the friday and started a new one on Tuesday (we were away the monday)

We fit in well with our community and the fact that we live in Units is a bonus, we spend much more time with our neighbours than I am sure we would in permanent accomodation.

I work in Childcare and would be most welcome to help anyone overcome the working with children check issues that I had. PM me if you are unsure on this.

Anyway hope that this is of some help to anyone looking at South of Perth.

Angie
Hello Angie
I have PM you, i just want to say thankyou for a lovely post- reading it gives us lot still in the UK positive feedback about areas we have looked at, and although we see them on websites etc we dont get the real picture unless we are hearing from families who are actually there living it,
Keep up the good work, have fun in the sun and thanks again for the offers of answering questions- best get yourself a beer dear, my PM is a long one-lol,
Take care
Debbie x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:31 pm
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi angie, glad to hear your doing good. I am just about to post off my visa application, and hope to move to bunbury this time next year. By all accounts it looks good on the web.
Enjoy
Brendan
Ireland
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Hi angie we will be arriving in perth later in the year keen to look at an area south of rockingham called silver sands as the houses look a little cheaper than perth and we could get somthing near the coast for a reasonable price. Do you know of his area? Glad to see your doing well all the bset.
chris and vee
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Chrissy81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: NEW MIGRANTS IN ROCKINGHAM WA, 1 hour south of Perth

Hi Angie,

My partner and I visited Perth in Dec 2004 and ended up staying for several months as we made friends easily and the place was absolutely stunning. We are now in the process of applying for visas to come back on a permanent basis and being a little excited (just a bit), I am already looking at houses.

I have visited Rockingham and indeed, it is a very beautiful place however, I have been looking at houses in the northern subs. Have you heard of Butler? Do you know whether it is a good place to live?

Do you have any advice for us on the whole process ie visas, flights, stopovers, renting before buying...

Thanks

Chrissy

ps. I bet it's warmer there then it is here. We have had torrential rain for weeks now and its the high of our summer lol!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Hukna is an unknown quantity at this point

I am joining the Aussie Navy in Jul 08 and Emigrating with Wife (teacher) + Tom 15 and Tilly 13. Rockingham is close to Garden Island Naval Base and probably the first place we may look to live. Would like to find out more about living in Rockingham and Senior Schools etc
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:33 am
Just Joined

tabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant future

hi angie
we will be out in perth this week
would love to catch up we to fancy
rockingham
will mail you when arrived
dianne
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hukna
I am joining the Aussie Navy in Jul 08 and Emigrating with Wife (teacher) + Tom 15 and Tilly 13. Rockingham is close to Garden Island Naval Base and probably the first place we may look to live. Would like to find out more about living in Rockingham and Senior Schools etc
Hey Hukna

We are also going down this route, my husband is due to join in October. We are a family of 4 two girls 15 and 17. There are also a couple of others some already over there who have similiar aged children to you. I sure they would willing share their experience regarding schools.

What branch are you in and where do you originate from if you don't mind me asking!

Good luck with you move

Kate
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

ChrisBailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your post, always nice to hear something positive.

We are just awaiting on immigration to see if we can move into Western Australia as we were state nominated to Tasmania but came back to england after 5 months but now 2 years later want to return but to a different state.

My question is at present I am a Learning Mentor/Cover Supervisor in a secondary school but have one year left to complete my degree in supporting learning. I will also have a CELTA too.......
Are vacancies in schools hard to come by? and what qualifications do you need to basically do what im doing over here?

Thanks for any info you can give me and good luck and hopefully we will be able to post a more positive message soon......
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBailey
Are vacancies in schools hard to come by? and what qualifications do you need to basically do what im doing over here?
On the news in Perth last night they were saying that when the schools return after the break next, they will be short of around 200 teachers as there is such a shortage.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ChrisBailey
Thanks for your post, always nice to hear something positive.

We are just awaiting on immigration to see if we can move into Western Australia as we were state nominated to Tasmania but came back to england after 5 months but now 2 years later want to return but to a different state.

My question is at present I am a Learning Mentor/Cover Supervisor in a secondary school but have one year left to complete my degree in supporting learning. I will also have a CELTA too.......

Thanks for any info you can give me and good luck and hopefully we will be able to post a more positive message soon......
Hi - if you dont mind me asking - was it because you didnt like Tasmania that you returned to England? We have our visa's and are considering Tas as the place we want to go to - so your opinion on the Island would be appreciated....
Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

themorgans has a spectacular aura aboutthemorgans has a spectacular aura aboutthemorgans has a spectacular aura about

Hi. We have just been granted our visas and are looking to move to the Rockingham area. We are a young family, with two boys, one is 3 the other 4 months. We are looking for somewhere with a community atmosphere and away from the hussle and bussle of town life, would you recommend Rockingham for us? We are coming over in November to have a look at houses and schools etc, do you know the local primary school?
You said you are living in units, could you tell me what these are exactly?
Any other advice you could give us which you think would be of use would be great.
Many Thanks
The Morgans
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Hukna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wooders
Hey Hukna

We are also going down this route, my husband is due to join in October. We are a family of 4 two girls 15 and 17. There are also a couple of others some already over there who have similiar aged children to you. I sure they would willing share their experience regarding schools.

What branch are you in and where do you originate from if you don't mind me asking!

Good luck with you move

Kate
Kate

I am Lt Cdr ME Surface getting out of RN after 25 years. Notice is in, 12 months to go. Awaiting Labour Agreement before tackling the mass of Visa application paperwork. House for sale can't wait for next summer to get away from this awful wet weather!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by themorgans
Hi. We have just been granted our visas and are looking to move to the Rockingham area. We are a young family, with two boys, one is 3 the other 4 months. We are looking for somewhere with a community atmosphere and away from the hussle and bussle of town life, would you recommend Rockingham for us? We are coming over in November to have a look at houses and schools etc, do you know the local primary school?
You said you are living in units, could you tell me what these are exactly?
Any other advice you could give us which you think would be of use would be great.
Many Thanks
The Morgans

Hi,

If you're thinking of the Rockingham area, how about having a look at Port Kennedy 10 minutes south of Rockingham? We've been here almost two years and love it. I've found that there is quite a good community atmosphere here. It's not that large - but growing all the time - and property prices aren't completely silly yet. There are three local primary schools in Port Kennedy itself, all of which have a good reputation. Our dd goes to school here and is very happy. Afaik, all of them start at Kindy level. There is quite a large expat community here too - a large part of the area is populated by Brits! We like Rockingham itself, but to live, we're quite happy here in PK.

r12p
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob12paws
Hi,

look at Port Kennedy 10 minutes south of Rockingham? There is quite a large expat community here too - a large part of the area is populated by Brits!

r12p
Understatement of the year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.