British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Nearly 2 Months in Townsville (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/nearly-2-months-townsville-508395/)

iwilldoit Jan 23rd 2008 5:04 am

Nearly 2 Months in Townsville

Hi All
Well its now nearly 2 months since i left the cold weather behind me, and wow what a 2 months, today was a huge day for my little girl, it was time to enrol her into school, there were a lot of schools to pick from but i chose what i thought would suit her the best, Annandale, and so off we went to enrol, I was a lot more nervous than she was, but it was great and the teacher i met with was super explained everything to me, then the shock of the list of school items i had to get..........WOW bit different to the UK i can tell you, but come the 29th she will start her first day in her new uniform. I can say now with confidence that we have truely settled in Townsville, from looking for a rental property, to finding a car, to looking for furniture, to finding a dog, and now finally the last step enrolling shosh into school.
What a good feeling, and all in less than 2 months, before coming here it all seemed daunting, but when you get here you just get on with it and before you know it your settled. All those of you due to arrive in Australia soon be comforted in the knowledge that the life offered here is simply wonderful.
sharon:thumbsup:

Jasonmb Jan 23rd 2008 11:03 am

Re: Nearly 2 Months in Townsville

Originally Posted by iwilldoit (Post 5826930)
Hi All
Well its now nearly 2 months since i left the cold weather behind me, and wow what a 2 months, today was a huge day for my little girl, it was time to enrol her into school, there were a lot of schools to pick from but i chose what i thought would suit her the best, Annandale, and so off we went to enrol, I was a lot more nervous than she was, but it was great and the teacher i met with was super explained everything to me, then the shock of the list of school items i had to get..........WOW bit different to the UK i can tell you, but come the 29th she will start her first day in her new uniform. I can say now with confidence that we have truely settled in Townsville, from looking for a rental property, to finding a car, to looking for furniture, to finding a dog, and now finally the last step enrolling shosh into school.
What a good feeling, and all in less than 2 months, before coming here it all seemed daunting, but when you get here you just get on with it and before you know it your settled. All those of you due to arrive in Australia soon be comforted in the knowledge that the life offered here is simply wonderful.
sharon:thumbsup:

Glad that everything is working out for you and your family Sharon - heres to the next 2 months:thumbsup:

Tracy

Sally Simpson Jan 23rd 2008 11:20 am

Glad to read that all is going well for you:thumbsup:

cascrew Jan 23rd 2008 5:40 pm

So glad it's going so well, also soooooo jealous, don't use up all that lovely sunshine before we arrive

suesk Jan 26th 2008 9:04 am

Great to hear your settling well. Im arriving at the end of March prehaps we could meet up sometime in April.

Good luck to your daughter for her 1st day in school how old is she by the way?

Suexx:thumbsup:

iwilldoit Jan 27th 2008 12:27 am

Originally Posted by suesk (Post 5841186)
Great to hear your settling well. Im arriving at the end of March prehaps we could meet up sometime in April.

Good luck to your daughter for her 1st day in school how old is she by the way?

Suexx:thumbsup:

Hi Sue
My daughter in 5 going on 50 lol, good to hear you are arriving in march would be happy to meet up, just keep in touch with the details.
sharon

suesk Jan 27th 2008 7:51 am

Originally Posted by iwilldoit (Post 5843413)
Hi Sue
My daughter in 5 going on 50 lol, good to hear you are arriving in march would be happy to meet up, just keep in touch with the details.
sharon

I know wot u mean i got a 7 yr old and a 15 yr old one behaves like a teen the other thinks shes my mum lol :rofl:

Suexx

iwilldoit Jan 27th 2008 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by suesk (Post 5844235)
I know wot u mean i got a 7 yr old and a 15 yr old one behaves like a teen the other thinks shes my mum lol :rofl:

Suexx

Hi Sue
So we have the same sort of children, but never mind tomorrow is party day, she starts school, FREEDOM YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
sharon

Sammy T Jan 28th 2008 1:07 pm

Hi Sharon

Great to hear all is going so well for you. Good luck for your daughter starting school and enjoy a little freedom!

You sound like you have been super busy and organised, we haven't got the visa or sold the house yet (although had a viewing on Sat, who wants to come back, so you never know:thumbup:) but the thought of all that will need to be done here and then when we arrive, freaks me out, I wake in the night in a panic! Perhaps, once I can actually get going with removals, flights etc etc, I'll feel better at being able to do things.

Anyway, its really good to hear things are going really well, keep us updated:)

Sam

iwilldoit Jan 29th 2008 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Sammy T (Post 5848926)
Hi Sharon

Great to hear all is going so well for you. Good luck for your daughter starting school and enjoy a little freedom!

You sound like you have been super busy and organised, we haven't got the visa or sold the house yet (although had a viewing on Sat, who wants to come back, so you never know:thumbup:) but the thought of all that will need to be done here and then when we arrive, freaks me out, I wake in the night in a panic! Perhaps, once I can actually get going with removals, flights etc etc, I'll feel better at being able to do things.

Anyway, its really good to hear things are going really well, keep us updated:)

Sam

Hi Sam
Good to hear from you, im sure the visa will be coming your way very very soon now, what with xmas and now australia day, it does hold things up, that was my issue what happens if i dont get the visa prior to xmas, but it will work ot in the end, as for selling up thats the exciting part and you will be fine, once you get going and things start to move your feet wont touch the ground and you will have very little time to think..........and then like me you will be here and setting up home takes your mind of things as well, and then you are 2 months in and you feel like you have been here for 2 years plus lol.
keep in touch and let me know how things are going with you.
sharon

No Idea Jan 30th 2008 5:17 am

Hi

We are also moving to Townsville end of March/ beginning of April. How have you found Annandale Sharon? It was one of the suburbs we are thinking of moving to (if we can find a rental!!). I also have a 5 yr old girl (and 3 yr old boy). We are currently living in France so its going to be a bit of a shock to them :blink: My son has no memories of Oz at all, so he is not to happy about moving. Ah well.........

Back to the tiresome removals paperwork.

Cheers
Fi

Wandathecat Jan 30th 2008 8:31 pm

Soooo glad its going so well!!! I know how miserable you were in France so the only way for you to go was up and it certainly sounds like it....

Spare a thought for us peeps still waiting....its totally slowed down...grrrr

Never mind, one day!!!;)

iwilldoit Jan 30th 2008 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by No Idea (Post 5857437)
Hi

We are also moving to Townsville end of March/ beginning of April. How have you found Annandale Sharon? It was one of the suburbs we are thinking of moving to (if we can find a rental!!). I also have a 5 yr old girl (and 3 yr old boy). We are currently living in France so its going to be a bit of a shock to them :blink: My son has no memories of Oz at all, so he is not to happy about moving. Ah well.........

Back to the tiresome removals paperwork.

Cheers
Fi

Hi
Love Annandale school, and more important is that shosh loves the school, i am made up, it is wonderful, i live in douglas which is next to annandale, there are 3 major estates, annandale, riverside gardens, and idilia, all really lovely and clean, so there should be no problem getting a rental on one of them, nearer the time if you pm me i will give you the agent we use for a property he is brill and not as strict as the others lol. i know what you mean as we came here from france bit of a difference lol. let me know how you are going.
sharon

iwilldoit Jan 30th 2008 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Wandathecat (Post 5860496)
Soooo glad its going so well!!! I know how miserable you were in France so the only way for you to go was up and it certainly sounds like it....

Spare a thought for us peeps still waiting....its totally slowed down...grrrr

Never mind, one day!!!;)

Hi
Yep i have to say i am shocked at how slow things are going now for the sept lot, although a fair few of my timeline have had their visas, but WONT BE LONG NOW FOR YOU,
sharon

alipally Jan 31st 2008 4:59 pm

Glad things are going so well for you now!

I too remember you desperately unhappy in France and its great to read about how happy and settled you feel in Townsville, it's also great that your daughter is also well adjusted and happily starting school!

Congratulations in making your new life as successful as you have so far... can't wait until we too are down under!

Ali x