Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

moved back and not loving it

moved back and not loving it

Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all
Default Re: moved back and not loving it

thanks, we are not all mad just a little human,and if you wait around in life and do the so called right thing we would never get or go anywhere, and us as a family want everything so you got to do these thing 4 yourselves: we are spoiled (not in the bad sense)but worked bloody hard to get those visas and aint gonna waste them!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Homebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant future
Smile Re: moved back and not loving it

Great post. I have a feeling that in the future I may become a ping ponger too (& I'm still in the UK!). As much as I want to emigrate to Oz the bloody family thing keeps getting in the way. I'm such a "homebird" (hence nickname!), but really don't want to be! Hope the 2/3 years fly by for you xx
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lisaroo
...... where are you going to start?
we're heading to Perth, as I have family there, and as much as i can find about the weather.. sounds like something that would suit us. and we're not too much into busy city life... but dont like too quiet like country side either

somewhere bustling enough still for kids.. lots of space, parks, beaches... we'll have to see
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:34 am
Just Joined

AliJ is just really niceAliJ is just really niceAliJ is just really niceAliJ is just really niceAliJ is just really niceAliJ is just really niceAliJ is just really niceAliJ is just really niceAliJ is just really nice

We are due to join the "ping pong" club! We spent 3 years in Perth (02-05)and returned purely for family, emotional reasons, I found myself quite vulnerable to my parents comments, I felt selfish for living in Aus. We are Aussie citizens we applied soon after the 2 years, I wasn't going to leave without it.

I've realised that me and my family are the priority. We find living in the UK so hard and we live in a desirable part! The traffic, the pace of life, people do not have time for each other, I could go on and on, we have had some bad experiences since being back.

We lived in the Perth Hills, I'm quite arty, so I'm looking forward to living amongst the gum trees again and devoting time to my art. By the way I feel quite sick too, every morning I wake feeling sick but in my heart I know we need to make this move, at least I'm listening to my heart, not my head this time! Good Luck to all those ping ponging
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, we are not all mad just a little human,and if you wait around in life and do the so called right thing we would never get or go anywhere, and us as a family want everything so you got to do these thing 4 yourselves: we are spoiled (not in the bad sense)but worked bloody hard to get those visas and aint gonna waste them!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:41 pm
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of

hope so, he'll bloody kill me if we dont stay next time, s but quite confident there, and yes got a couple of things to look forward to this year at least, WEATHER PERMITTING!
sometimes it takes more than one move to be sure ~ what IS important is to be happy ~ it doesn't matter how many times it takes or which end of the planet you end up on ~ the ONLY thing that matters is that you're HAPPY in your life ~ there is only ONE life, get as much out of it as possible ~ never mind about the doogooders or the poopoo-ers ~ what YOU want is the most important thing ~ for you and for your family

wishing you all the very best for your future ~ where ever it might be
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

yeah thanks we arnt obsessed by it but with 3 kids under 7 we have to take every oppurtunity we can to be financially secure, especially as the kids get older they deffo get more high maintenance
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by biggy
dont be a prat
yeah thanks we arnt obsessed by it but with 3 kids under 7 we have to take every oppurtunity we can to be financially secure, especially as the kids get older they deffo get more high maintenance

Only asked a simple question, no need to call me a prat thankyou.

Last edited by rocket01; Mar 22nd 2008 at 12:03 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rocket01

Only asked a simple question, no need to call me a prat thankyou.
you perhaps didn't realise it but the comment about money sounded very sarcy.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

we've been through exactly same sort of thing, moved to adelaide, for a number of reasons it didn't work out and we moved back to UK but couldn't settle. We've had to re apply for a new visa and are now just waiting for final decision but yep, we did same, bought,sold houses cars etc and will be doing same when we leave UK(apart from house, we just stayed renting this time).Like you say expensive business ping ponging but like every one else we're hoping we've finally got it right. Good luck to all in same situation, massive heart searching and upheaval in all this before you look at costs.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:51 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Should rename this thread - Ping-Pong-Poms. Weird thing to me - all that back and forth. Good luck to all the ping-pongers - hope you find some peace.

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

it is wierd,,, but were all different, some suffer the homesickness worse than others! nothing wrong in that, some need to return to see exactly what, if anything were they missing! and sometimes ppl have no choice but to come back (family issues), its tough but you have to do what you have to do! Ive no regrets, needed to get some things out of my system I thought I`d dealt with 1st time around

bluekipper
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliJ
I've realised that me and my family are the priority. We find living in the UK so hard and we live in a desirable part! The traffic, the pace of life, people do not have time for each other, I could go on and on, we have had some bad experiences since being back.

Feel like I could have written most of this myself!! We lived in the hills in perth for 6 years and i really didnt appreciate it! Think i was always feeling bad about leaving my mum Anyway, we have been back in UK almost 2 years now and am getting those longings to go back to Oz - cant believe i am even thinking about it after how i sometimes felt in Oz I came back purely for family reasons and although i enjoy having the grandparents here I too have realised that me and my family ie hubby and 2 kids are the main priority. Although my kids now have their grandparents i feel they are missing out on what oz had to offer. I miss the weather, the outdoors, the space, the innocence of the kids (they grow up too quickly here), I miss doing family things - just the 4 of us (i used to wish there was others to share it with now i am sick of fitting in with others - must have become very selfish). Anyway, i could go on forever about why i want to go back, thankfully hubby would go back tomorrow if i wanted! Just worried about seperating the kids from family, they were only 3.5 and 1.5 when we left so they have little memory of it so dont miss it. Also believe it would kill my mum, she was so ill emotionally when we were away for 6 years, she is now a totally different person - oh what to do, why must we feel guilty for wanting the best for ourselves and kids?? I am an only child so the guilt is worse

Thanks for listening
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
Feel like I could have written most of this myself!! We lived in the hills in perth for 6 years and i really didnt appreciate it! Think i was always feeling bad about leaving my mum Anyway, we have been back in UK almost 2 years now and am getting those longings to go back to Oz - cant believe i am even thinking about it after how i sometimes felt in Oz I came back purely for family reasons and although i enjoy having the grandparents here I too have realised that me and my family ie hubby and 2 kids are the main priority. Although my kids now have their grandparents i feel they are missing out on what oz had to offer. I miss the weather, the outdoors, the space, the innocence of the kids (they grow up too quickly here), I miss doing family things - just the 4 of us (i used to wish there was others to share it with now i am sick of fitting in with others - must have become very selfish). Anyway, i could go on forever about why i want to go back, thankfully hubby would go back tomorrow if i wanted! Just worried about seperating the kids from family, they were only 3.5 and 1.5 when we left so they have little memory of it so dont miss it. Also believe it would kill my mum, she was so ill emotionally when we were away for 6 years, she is now a totally different person - oh what to do, why must we feel guilty for wanting the best for ourselves and kids?? I am an only child so the guilt is worse

Thanks for listening
You could be surprised. Your mother might finally understand that you need to do this and why. It's not a spur of the moment thing, she could be fine about it this time round. She could also be a complete nightmare. Good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You could be surprised. Your mother might finally understand that you need to do this and why. It's not a spur of the moment thing, she could be fine about it this time round. She could also be a complete nightmare. Good luck
If only..... A complete nightmare seems more like it Thanks tho - will probably take another 2 years to pick up the courage to tell her

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.