Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

moved back and not loving it

moved back and not loving it

Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all
Default Re: moved back and not loving it

yeah, my mum and dad are pretty non exsistent in my lifenow both re married, grandparents great though, they have no idea! i think hubby told my bro last night when he was a bit worse for wear but cant remember either way! so ill have the 3rd degree tonight!!!!!!!!!! as we are v close to them, hubby mam and dad will be devastated but not going to take any sympathy for them as his mum rarely sees the kids even though she lives less than a mile! and she puts the waterworks on for fun when you mention oz, bit strange, but it took hubby til now to realise (4 months) that he wants to go back now as well, i hadnt even left!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

hope so, he'll bloody kill me if we dont stay next time, s but quite confident there, and yes got a couple of things to look forward to this year at least, WEATHER PERMITTING!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:23 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I don't think that's necessary and certainly not how I read it. Homesickness, peoplesickness and a family business sound like good enough reasons to me, whether they end up being the wrong reasons or not.
I didn't read it that way either. AND money isn't everything but it sure helps.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

yeah thanks we arnt obsessed by it but with 3 kids under 7 we have to take every oppurtunity we can to be financially secure, especially as the kids get older they deffo get more high maintenance
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Got a few nice pics of Currumbin area on my blog if you're feeling homesick. That's probably not helpful though
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

no its fine, really frustrating not having anyone to talk about this stuff to, we are the only people in our circle who have any intrest outside the med or m4 for that matter, so trying not to let others blank things out for us its quite annoying when family members try and put closure on something that is very not the case forus thanks for pics, when i learn how to i will also put some cracking ones of my 6yold boy catching some waves in d-bah!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

gosh people go and they come back, and some even go again! LOL i dont think i'll have that stamina! doing this visa thing is already driving me insane!!

every free minute i have im thinking about what i need to do next... what i have forgotten to do... !! blah dee blah!!

but like others have said, at least you know now where you want to stay!!

and as for us, we have NEVER even step foot onto ozzie land EVER!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

madness, but hey ive been 3 times b4 we emigrated 1st time for 7 months on hols, and we still came back!!!! but all jokes aside you will not decide until you've been there for at least a year, and even then move areas if you can, when i felt at my worse we were renting in banora point northern nsw and for us it had nothing to offer, my boy didnt like school ther etc, but 4 months later we moved to currumbin into our own house and it felt like we'd arrived in oz properly, it was far more our cuppa, and that was only 15 mins up the road, unfortunatly by then we had informed our f+f we were on our way home IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!! TOO SOON TO DECIDE SOMETHING AS LIFE CHANGING AS THAT, but there was the bussiness opp as well so not all my fault, but all for better back soon!!!! where are you going to start?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: moved back and not loving it

we came back June 07 we was in Currumbin really wished we tried a bit more, we do miss it like mad ,comming back to the uk seems very stressfull we are thinking of trying again and we are thinking of trying again but want to go back to currumbin again
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY
It gets under your skin doesnt it....the Ozzy life

Ping ponged, not once, but twice and now saving up like mad idiots to go again

We came back twice because of emotional rubbish and nothing changed and now we need to do what it right for ourselves.....

I just wish it didnt cost so much.

Oh and no one knows of our intentions either.....its going to destroy my Mum
Same as us, we ping ponged twice and now on third time lucky as we are trying hard to get back. Did you buy and sell you houses each time? We did and cars as well.
At least we are a bit more experienced in the moving now so think we will do things a little bit different this time. What about you?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

yes we are deffo going back to currumbin, no question really and we've just sold our house on carlyle drive bit gutted would have loved to keep it but couldnt financially, equity and all that, as for moving back it could never be as stressful as the first time going in to the unknown,in fact thatpart doesnt really bother me now, what does concern me though is selling properties in time in preparation to go back as we now have a huge morgage and also a commercial property as well, but we have 3 yrs so prob sell house in 2 yrs, just hope there is some decent houses for sale in currumbin by the time we get back there!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

yeah we sold our car over there about 4 weeks before we came home, as we lived in currumbinso everything was close by we just bought me a new bike, and it was great suprising how much fitter i felt after the 4 weeks, gutted now though cant use the bloody thing back here it'll probably rust, so its tucked away hibernating for alittle while!!!!!!!! nothing like riding with my boy to school every morning in the sunshine,
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Never in a million years did I think I`d be a ping pong pomme,, but were definately going bk WA instead of SA this time though, but not just yet! we cannot settle bk here in the UK, seems to claustrophobic, grey and over populated now having seen another way of life

It is costly, and were not by any means well off, BUT its only money

Good luck
bluekipper
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Same as us, we ping ponged twice and now on third time lucky as we are trying hard to get back. Did you buy and sell you houses each time? We did and cars as well.
At least we are a bit more experienced in the moving now so think we will do things a little bit different this time. What about you?

Glad to see we are not the only mad ones out there!!

Lost an awful amount of money on going back to the UK the first time so went back to Oz with just enough to set up again but not buy......

Second time coming back to UK we had enough to set up here again but not to buy.......so therefore going with the bare essentials.

Dont know when we will be able to afford it but it will have to be before April 2010 as the visa runs out then.

The thing is this time round we made lots of friends who we have kept in touch with so be able to borrow a spare room for the initial 2 or 3 weeks till we find somewhere to rent, which will save a bit.

Sorry lisaroo, hijacking your thread
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisaroo
hi, i am new on here like many of you and have been back in uk since middle of nov after spending 15 months in oz. we decided to come home after my oh dad decided to announce he was retiring from the family bussiness just 3 mnths after we left, which at that time as you can imagine i was going through my homesickness stage also being 3 mths pregnant with 3rd baby.so i pounced on this oppurtunity and told oh that i wanted to return and him take over bussiness, by this time we had already bought our own house in our dream suburb by the coast that needed reno, but it was all systems go and told all close family the 'good news!'.\ the wierdest thing happend that day as soon as we had spread the news i had this feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach,i ignored this for a while and carried on life as normal until my brother announced he was a dad 4 1st time i felt so upset that i was yet again back to missing out! decided that we would return to uk aug 08 as dad was ret in apr 09, my hubby was not wanting to go too soon! came home on hols aug07, fantantic as we drove up the m4 thought im home, tesco,pubs, welsh countryside little bit of sunshine bliss, for 2 weeks! then that was enough still had another 2 to go weather was crap seen everyone been everywher we missed, then what? started counting down the days to go 'home', i was really scared by now and when we did nget back to oz it hit us hard of how we didnt seem to want to fit back in to our old life any more, my 6 yr old was settled nin currumbin st school which he had lots of lovely mates, as did we who were very pleased to see us back, my 1 year old went back to barefoot, great.finished house and back to uk to try and make a go of it anyway but all nis not great, bought a fantastic house in lovely area, hubby takes over bus in 11 days so gonna make some decent money BUT its not enough anymore and especially me who at moment is a stay at home mum cant take kids anywhere unless you pay for it or too wet /cold kids are moaning they want to go tobeach/waterpark............ anyway planning to make as much money as poss andb return to oyr beloved currumbin just b4 visa expires march 2011 thank god hope i can last that long!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you have made you're mind up now...i'm looking to leave this time next year and already i'm thinking is it gonna be for me.
I'll just go with the flow i guess and weigh it all up when i'm out there. Great post though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.