Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Mountain Creek, Sunshine coast

Mountain Creek, Sunshine coast

Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:50 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default Mountain Creek, Sunshine coast

Year and a half in and I'm sure I've found paradise

Our little girl, plays on the street, goes to a great school, just seems to have a great time.

Missus, working across the road from the school, in the local TAFE.

Me, after working back on the tools as a Sparks, I got work back in Telecoms, where I have worked for about 25 years. Voice switching/transmission and IP maintenance and installation. And to cap it off, offices in Creek St, two minutes from Central station.

The Aussie are great (never expected anything different), like a bit of banter. weather great - life great.

One tip - don't give up.

Even when you get here, not every thing works out right away, it has taken us a good year to sort out the finance side of things, work, house etc.

Remember - "Rome was not built in a day" as my oldman used to say!!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:53 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mountain Creek, Sunshine coast

Originally Posted by jc_hoops View Post
Year and a half in and I'm sure I've found paradise

Our little girl, plays on the street, goes to a great school, just seems to have a great time.

Missus, working across the road from the school, in the local TAFE.

Me, after working back on the tools as a Sparks, I got work back in Telecoms, where I have worked for about 25 years. Voice switching/transmission and IP maintenance and installation. And to cap it off, offices in Creek St, two minutes from Central station.

The Aussie are great (never expected anything different), like a bit of banter. weather great - life great.

One tip - don't give up.

Even when you get here, not every thing works out right away, it has taken us a good year to sort out the finance side of things, work, house etc.

Remember - "Rome was not built in a day" as my oldman used to say!!
Well done mate! From a fellow ex-W12 resident. Thanks for the PM.

Buzzy
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

well done, long may it continue
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:36 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

great post
glad everything is going well for you and your family
would you mind if I PM'd you, as this is the area we are looking at and would like to ask you some questions
thanks
bec
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

sounds like you are living the aussie dream!....

and you are living it in a beautiful part of Australia.....
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:14 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by egghead4 View Post
great post
glad everything is going well for you and your family
would you mind if I PM'd you, as this is the area we are looking at and would like to ask you some questions
thanks
bec
No problem Bec....

Is that good and more......all the best people
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

...I noticed the subtle increase in hoops shirts and car stickers around the school ....I know someone who wants to meet you! a ex-season ticket holder!...it'll have to wait till the next meet though
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:32 am
Banned

fellow hoops in the manor ? Not a problem.

I have been a bit lax in checking this site, but I will try to keep an eye on it, at least once a week.

Speak soon, over a stubie or two hopefully