British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Mountain Creek, Sunshine coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/mountain-creek-sunshine-coast-473861/)

jc_hoops Aug 13th 2007 11:50 pm

Mountain Creek, Sunshine coast

Year and a half in and I'm sure I've found paradise:thumbsup:

Our little girl, plays on the street, goes to a great school, just seems to have a great time.

Missus, working across the road from the school, in the local TAFE.

Me, after working back on the tools as a Sparks, I got work back in Telecoms, where I have worked for about 25 years. Voice switching/transmission and IP maintenance and installation. And to cap it off, offices in Creek St, two minutes from Central station.:thumbsup:

The Aussie are great (never expected anything different), like a bit of banter. weather great - life great.

One tip - don't give up.

Even when you get here, not every thing works out right away, it has taken us a good year to sort out the finance side of things, work, house etc.

Remember - "Rome was not built in a day" as my oldman used to say!!:rofl:

Buzzy--Bee Aug 14th 2007 6:53 am

Re: Mountain Creek, Sunshine coast

Originally Posted by jc_hoops (Post 5185341)
Year and a half in and I'm sure I've found paradise:thumbsup:

Our little girl, plays on the street, goes to a great school, just seems to have a great time.

Missus, working across the road from the school, in the local TAFE.

Me, after working back on the tools as a Sparks, I got work back in Telecoms, where I have worked for about 25 years. Voice switching/transmission and IP maintenance and installation. And to cap it off, offices in Creek St, two minutes from Central station.:thumbsup:

The Aussie are great (never expected anything different), like a bit of banter. weather great - life great.

One tip - don't give up.

Even when you get here, not every thing works out right away, it has taken us a good year to sort out the finance side of things, work, house etc.

Remember - "Rome was not built in a day" as my oldman used to say!!:rofl:

Well done mate! From a fellow ex-W12 resident. Thanks for the PM.

Buzzy

MOONLIGHT Aug 14th 2007 7:17 am

:) well done, long may it continue :thumbup:

egghead4 Aug 14th 2007 6:36 pm

great post
glad everything is going well for you and your family
would you mind if I PM'd you, as this is the area we are looking at and would like to ask you some questions
bec

Maple Leaf Aug 14th 2007 6:52 pm

sounds like you are living the aussie dream!....:)

and you are living it in a beautiful part of Australia.....:thumbsup:

jc_hoops Aug 14th 2007 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by egghead4 (Post 5188635)
great post
glad everything is going well for you and your family
would you mind if I PM'd you, as this is the area we are looking at and would like to ask you some questions
bec

No problem Bec....

Is that good and more......all the best people:thumbup:

SBUK Aug 15th 2007 5:22 am

...I noticed the subtle increase in hoops shirts and car stickers around the school ;) ....I know someone who wants to meet you! a ex-season ticket holder!...it'll have to wait till the next meet though :)

jc_hoops Aug 16th 2007 1:32 am

fellow hoops in the manor ? :thumbsup: Not a problem.

I have been a bit lax in checking this site, but I will try to keep an eye on it, at least once a week.

Speak soon, over a stubie or two hopefully :rofl: