Melbourne thoughts....

Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:52 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne thoughts....

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
eg.

I have to organise a week of chess tournaments in Alice Springs. Today I phoned the first contact at Alice Springs High School. We have arranged for the main event to be held on 15th June, and just in passing the woman said, "Do you need a place to stay...". Anyway, Cas and I will now be staying rent free at someone's house in Alice Springs for a week.

Sweet......
One of the nice things of living in Oz
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:07 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoyed reading your memoires Carl.

I remember going into the Lounge in those days but you were always in there too.

This new life you've carved out is not a fluke you know.....you've made it what it is mate and long may it last
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:23 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I don't go round bragging that I'm a chess nerd
Is that something you could go around bragging about?

Great post though. Good luck with the business.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:46 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

This new life you've carved out is not a fluke you know.....you've made it what it is mate and long may it last
As it goes Bix, I agree with you....I take full responsibility for any screw ups I make, so why not take responsibility when things go right?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

bagspacked will become famous soon enoughbagspacked will become famous soon enough

Hey Folks
Can you advise me what the best way is to secure s house in melbourne if just arriving with children. What did most of you (without contacts there) do, im sure it wasnt staying in a hostel
Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:35 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bagspacked
Hey Folks
Can you advise me what the best way is to secure s house in melbourne if just arriving with children. What did most of you (without contacts there) do, im sure it wasnt staying in a hostel
Thanks
Book into a short term before you fly out and find a rental in the first week or 2. Try posting a thread about this in the Aus Lifestyle forum and you'll get loads of links from helpful people.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:32 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bagspacked
Hey Folks
Thanks
Stayed initial 2 nights in hotel
Then 10 or so nights in short term apartment
Found rental in first 5 days but kept STP so we could unpack while daughter was in day care nursery. Getting her in to nursery was a godsend - allowed us to rush around and get other things done while she tired herself out with new friends.
We officially then moved in on a Saturday morning with her (3 year old) room unpacked with all her toys on her bed and surround. After 8 weeks travelling she was more than happy to sit in her bed and chat with all her dolls and teddies.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

bagspacked will become famous soon enoughbagspacked will become famous soon enough

How do i access lifestyke forum
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:12 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Just go to forum index and click on "Australia" rather than "The update forum".
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by stuckinswansea
You've obviously not been to Port Talbot then!
No But I have
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:33 am
Take it easy

My God, has whole year passed since I wrote that

Well, not a lot has changed....the business has grown a little, my specs have got a little rosier still, and....I'm a citizen

On a serious note, the issue on home ownership is something that has come up this year. But we're happy where we live, and don't have kids to think about so we're staying in rental until we may be able to afford to buy in this area. The deal is, would owning a house make us happier, and the answer is only if it was near to here, and that is out of our price range at the moment.

However, couldn't be happier
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:14 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

However, couldn't be happier
You know what ?
I believe
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:51 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Bix
You know what ?
I believe
Bix, as you know, happiness is a state of mind, and my mind is in nearly as big a state as yours
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix, as you know, happiness is a state of mind, and my mind is in nearly as big a state as yours
Now aint that the truth
But you should be worried
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:53 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Bix
Now aint that the truth
But you should be worried
Do you dream about chess?.....when you do you'll be in as big a state as me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.