Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Melbourne over 2 years and loving it

Melbourne over 2 years and loving it

Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Melmanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne over 2 years and loving it

I just spent over half an hour writing my long-ish post about my experiences here then when I went to post it the site had logged me out argh!

Oh well. No time to write it all out again so I'll just say briefly that I love it in Melbourne, I didn't expect everything to go smoothly so I've been through a few ups and downs but the downs have been tiny and insignificant compared to London life. I miss Manchester (you can take the girl out of Manchester blah blah) and I need to hear more northern accents!

Ok next time I write a long post I'll do it in gmail then paste into here when I'm done
Old Mar 12th 2010, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne over 2 years and loving it

Originally Posted by Melmanc
I just spent over half an hour writing my long-ish post about my experiences here then when I went to post it the site had logged me out argh!

Oh well. No time to write it all out again so I'll just say briefly that I love it in Melbourne, I didn't expect everything to go smoothly so I've been through a few ups and downs but the downs have been tiny and insignificant compared to London life. I miss Manchester (you can take the girl out of Manchester blah blah) and I need to hear more northern accents!

Ok next time I write a long post I'll do it in gmail then paste into here when I'm done
I miss manchester too. But only for the football
Whereabouts in Melbourne are you? Is a lovely place....
Old Mar 12th 2010, 8:07 am
Just Joined

I'm in St Kilda, lots of brits here apparently but I haven't bumped into many so far although there's a fellow manc where I'm working now, and an irish guy - gotta love the irish accent! Yeah, I could have done with watching the last man u game live but you can't have it all..
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melmanc
I'm in St Kilda, lots of brits here apparently but I haven't bumped into many so far although there's a fellow manc where I'm working now, and an irish guy - gotta love the irish accent! Yeah, I could have done with watching the last man u game live but you can't have it all..
Where up in Pilbara region WA, not sure I've heard an English person at all since we arrived (apart from family that is). Hope one day to move over to Victoria, have lots of family over that way and prefer the varied weather.
Is easy to get to watch the games, staying awake or getting up the following morning is the issue lol. Not the same as attending the games though, not sure what can fill that void
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

What took you to WA? Yeah having the 4 seasons here is really nice, we get those clear frosty mornings in winter, cold with lots of sun it's fantastic. You gotta come
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

My OH got a job, was a quick way in. Otherwise we'd still be in the UK saving up and having kittens about the exchange
Think we may head over to Melbourne in Decemeber, to escape the constant40C plus days here. Have to say though I now feel cold if the temp goes below 20C lol, to think we left UK and it was -7C .
Old Mar 13th 2010, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

Good move, I'd have been gutted if I'd waited and moved this year! I must say I don't like the lack of central heating here and my hot water doesn't get hot enough (???) but where I am now isn't as cold as my last flat thank goodness. But anyway, we have a full week of sunny 30 degree days this week woo hoo!