British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   made it to citizenship! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/made-citizenship-806298/)

debbieuk Aug 17th 2013 11:05 am

made it to citizenship!

Hi All

I must admit i dont come on here to often anymore..but you were all :starsmile:

wanted to update and share that we are now CITIZENS :thumbsup: from the early days of TRA Troubles and house selling to the move and settling in we have stayed determined.... we have had career trouble and injury (workers comp - what a joke) made some good friends and bad...and we are still here!!

old.sparkles Aug 17th 2013 11:08 am

Re: made it to citizenship!

Originally Posted by debbieuk (Post 10855120)
Hi All

wanted to update and share that we are now CITIZENS :thumbsup: from the early days of TRA Troubles and house selling to the move and settling in we have stayed determined.... we have had career trouble and injury (workers comp - what a joke) made some good friends and bad...and we are still here!!

Congratulations :thumbsup:

carolinephillips Aug 17th 2013 11:01 pm

Huge congrats, from someone who has also just got citizenship.:thumbsup:

Matcha Aug 27th 2013 5:59 am

Hey well done!

debbieuk Aug 27th 2013 9:20 am

Thank you xxxx

Alfresco Aug 27th 2013 9:44 am

Congratulations! :thumbup:

All the best for the future. Stick it out.

scrubbedexpat098 Aug 29th 2013 7:05 am

Well done you, the ups and downs are worth it in the end. All the best people have got citizenship this year :)

paddyo Sep 1st 2013 2:02 pm

Congrats Debbie....ours is this year (fingers crossed, start the process in 2 weeks). Also had an injury at work, wife, and agree that Workers Comp has been not just a joke but a complete and utter disappointment. Slipped down the steps outside the office, the very steps she told them needed cleaning due to excess moss, and nothing done about it. Bizarre to say the least...I am not one for grabbing money but in the UK they would of had their asses sued off.

paddyo Sep 1st 2013 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by debbieuk (Post 10855120)
Hi All

Congrats Debbie....ours is this year (fingers crossed, start the process in 2 weeks). Also had an injury at work, wife, and agree that Workers Comp has been not just a joke but a complete and utter disappointment. Slipped down the steps outside the office, the very steps she told them needed cleaning due to excess moss, and nothing done about it. Bizarre to say the least...I am not one for grabbing money but in the UK they would of had their asses sued off.

travelbugkimmie Sep 7th 2013 2:45 pm

I am currently on a one year working visa and havent yet made it to Auz but just out of interest, how did you get to Auz yourself on a one year working visa??

Any tips or feedback would be grately appriciated.

:)