Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

just a update on the 893 residency visa.

just a update on the 893 residency visa.

Old May 4th 2011, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Ellie2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just a update on the 893 residency visa.

Hi all,
Posted a few weeks ago about how long it would take to go from the 165 investor visa to the 893 permanent residency visa, we recieved our permanent residency 2 weeks ago It took 6 weeks in all, I am so happy that after 4 years we are now permanent if anyone has any questions about this visa please message me and if I can help I will.

Christine
Old May 4th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just a update on the 893 residency visa.

Originally Posted by Ellie2
Hi all,
Posted a few weeks ago about how long it would take to go from the 165 investor visa to the 893 permanent residency visa, we recieved our permanent residency 2 weeks ago It took 6 weeks in all, I am so happy that after 4 years we are now permanent if anyone has any questions about this visa please message me and if I can help I will.

Christine
Well done, just wanted to say we lived in Burpengary for 2 years before moving to Sydney, loved the place, it has very good primary school. if you have young primary school children.
Old May 5th 2011, 3:49 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ellie2
Hi all,

Christine
Congratulations.........there is nothing quite as exciting as moving from a temporary visa to a permanent one!!
Old May 25th 2011, 12:55 am
Just Joined

joose is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on getting the visa, it must be a huge relief.... We are about to apply for the 893 once we reach the 2 year mark and I have a couple of questions.

1. Could you travel while the application was being processed?

2.We are under the Investment section and I am trying to find out what they are looking for in regard to the "Investment intention" and "Investment history in Australia" section of the application. Having invested in the bond I am not sure what else they are looking for?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

J
Old May 27th 2011, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Ellie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joose
Congratulations on getting the visa, it must be a huge relief.... We are about to apply for the 893 once we reach the 2 year mark and I have a couple of questions.

1. Could you travel while the application was being processed?

2.We are under the Investment section and I am trying to find out what they are looking for in regard to the "Investment intention" and "Investment history in Australia" section of the application. Having invested in the bond I am not sure what else they are looking for?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

J
Hi J,

It depends what state you are in, we were in QLD, You have to have had the investment in place for four years at the end of that you recieve a statement which you send with your application, You can actually apply for the state sponsorship 3 months before the investement matures. As for what other ways you have invested, we just put that we had purchased our house and lived, worked and invested in QLD, then we did a statement saying that we would continue to work, live and invest in QLD, we are thinking of buying a business anyway so we also put that.
Yes you can travel because you are still on the 165 till that visa expires. Once that expires you go on to a bridging visa, but our 165 never expired we only had to wait 6 weeks till the 893 was granted.

If I can be of anymore help just ask.
Good luck with your application.

Christine
Old May 27th 2011, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the information, we are in WA but it is the same process. Hopefully our application will be a quick as yours!

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2011, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Shepherd813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Christine,

Congratulations, and a seamless transition from 165 to 893 to boot.

To Christine & Joose:

When applying for 165, did you attach a statement describing your intended business and/or investmnet activities in Australia (per Question 13, Form 1139)? Or was the AUD750k bond investment sufficient?

Thanks so much for sharing.

Shepherd
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Shepherd813

We made a statement that we would invest in property and stocks in addition to maintaining the designated investment.

Hope this helps.

Justin
Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Nick77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Christine

Congratulations on your PR! I've just joined the forum as i've been searching on google for other people's experiences of 165 to 893 PR and saw you posts! I tried to message you but have to post 3 posts before i'm allowed to!

I am considering seriously applying at some point in the next year or so (ideally when the exchange rate improves) and would be interested in hearing from you. I am looking at Adelaide which I suspect is very similiar in requirements to QLD. One of my questions is, when the bond matured after 4 years, did you take the full sum back and just make a declaration that you intend to invest in the State or did they say that you must continue to invest the same sum ($750k in SA) even the 4 years?