Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:29 am
  #16  
egghead4+becky
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: was newport now sunny Bundy
Posts: 797
egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

hello mr bloomfield

its great to hear that you and your family are still loving life in oz. It seems so long ago that you were giving me advice about the SC and what all the areas were like etc, we are here too now, well in Bundy that is. we are loving it!!! When we get settled you'll have to have a gander at our update. Until then, keep smiling

bec
egghead4 is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:31 am
  #17  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
kevinbloomfield's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 1,643
kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by egghead4 View Post
hello mr bloomfield

its great to hear that you and your family are still loving life in oz. It seems so long ago that you were giving me advice about the SC and what all the areas were like etc, we are here too now, well in Bundy that is. we are loving it!!! When we get settled you'll have to have a gander at our update. Until then, keep smiling

bec
Mr Bloomfield??
Bit formal aint it :-)
How come you decided on Bundy?
kevinbloomfield is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2008, 7:08 am
  #18  
Living the dream :)
 
nickywes's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 1,262
nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield View Post
Mr Bloomfield??
Bit formal aint it :-)
How come you decided on Bundy?
Just been reading your update on the SC and really pleased you love it there. We have just moved over 2 weeks ago and are in the GC at the moment. We have rented a house in Little Mountain and can't wait to move up there on Friday. Can you tell me a bit about where and how our 17yr old son should go about making friends and where the place to be is? He is really worried that he will never have a friend in the world
nickywes is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2008, 1:13 pm
  #19  
Banned
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 283
earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield View Post
Hi all
We have just gone over the 2 years here on the lovely Sunshine Coast. We have a great group of friends and we are looking forward to getting our citizenship (apart from the fact we have lost our UK passports).

We spend our time fishing, camping, going to the beach, 4WD'ing, going out on our friends boat and generally having a great time.

I setup an IT business 14 months ago which is going well and my wife works in a small restaurant down in Maroochydore, she is also studying at the Sunshine Coast uni and is hoping to get on a nursing degree next year. Our son David is now a apprentice glazier and turning into a proper tradie (like getting excited by cordless drills and spirit levels!)

We have one big regret though, we wished we'd came over 10 years ago when our son was younger so maybe he would have got into the surfing, lifesaving etc. Otherwise we love it here. Personally I have no desire to go back to the UK at anytime, I really can't see any attraction. We have pretty much everything here.

I think the most important thing for anyone coming over here is to have a good bunch of friends. it's all well and good having a big house with a pool and a big 4WD car but without friends I reckon it would be very hard. We have been very lucky with our friends here and we wouldn't swap them for anything.
A special thanks to (in no particular order) Andy, Jayne, Steve, Judy, Roger, Jeanette, Simon, Debbie, Simon, Ange and anyone else I may have forgotten (sorry)

To anyone contemplating the move over then don't think about it just do it. Australia is so much better than the UK it's unreal, just the weather itself is enough reason to move
To see some photos of what we've been up have a look here
http://flickr.com/photos/bloomster/
And here
http://picasaweb.google.com/devilishdeans
Our friend Jayne photos everything and anything and uploads them to Picassaweb within 30 minutes of the photos being taken (well it seems that way)

That's it for now, I'll post an update in October 2009 when we should be citizens and tru blue aussies :-)
To say "Australia is so much better than the UK it's unreal" does not ring true to me at all.
For some it is and for others it's not....I do not find Australia better than the UK in fact in many ways it is far behind the UK when it comes to scenery the culture and the people….some love it and as you know some hate it.

Last edited by earlswoody; Nov 9th 2008 at 1:15 pm.
earlswoody is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:00 pm
  #20  
Worongary
 
steve`o's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: GC hinterland
Posts: 10,288
steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by earlswoody View Post
To say "Australia is so much better than the UK it's unreal" does not ring true to me at all.
For some it is and for others it's not....I do not find Australia better than the UK in fact in many ways it is far behind the UK when it comes to scenery the culture and the people….some love it and as you know some hate it.
as this is someones update on their personal experiances and the friends that they have made since being here and not an open debate i cannot see why you feel the need to add to it by being so negative ???

we all know you dont like it here in au as you constantly spouting how shit it is, and quite frankly its getting boring, why dont you f**k off home if its so bad and leave the rest of us to get on with our lives ??

regard steve
steve`o is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:13 pm
  #21  
ClairePagani
 
Pagani-Rennox's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 79
Pagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nice
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Couldn't have put it better myself Steve!!!!

For someone like myself who has put everything into deconstructing my own, and my family's, life here in the UK (we're flying out to the Sunshine Coast next month on a 457) to build up a totally new life in Oz, I get a lot of strength and postitivity from reading about people whose move has really worked out well. The only reason I can think of for Earlswoody to write such a post is to get a kick out of making people doubt the massive life change they are making or just about to make. It doesn't make sense and is just pretty shit of him or her. And quite warped too!! :curse:

OK, said my piece now and I'm off to read other posts that make me feel good!!

Cheers Steve (and Kevin Bloomfield). Hope to share your good times in Oz when we start our new life next month.
Pagani-Rennox is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:16 pm
  #22  
Banned
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 283
earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by steve`o View Post
as this is someones update on their personal experiances and the friends that they have made since being here and not an open debate i cannot see why you feel the need to add to it by being so negative ???

we all know you dont like it here in au as you constantly spouting how shit it is, and quite frankly its getting boring, why dont you f**k off home if its so bad and leave the rest of us to get on with our lives ??

regard steve
I don't know what makes you such an angry man Steve but it really works

Regards The Earl.

P.S use a spell-checker mate.

Last edited by earlswoody; Nov 9th 2008 at 8:26 pm.
earlswoody is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:19 pm
  #23  
Banned
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 283
earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox View Post
Couldn't have put it better myself Steve!!!!

For someone like myself who has put everything into deconstructing my own, and my family's, life here in the UK (we're flying out to the Sunshine Coast next month on a 457) to build up a totally new life in Oz, I get a lot of strength and postitivity from reading about people whose move has really worked out well. The only reason I can think of for Earlswoody to write such a post is to get a kick out of making people doubt the massive life change they are making or just about to make. It doesn't make sense and is just pretty shit of him or her. And quite warped too!! :curse:

OK, said my piece now and I'm off to read other posts that make me feel good!!

Cheers Steve (and Kevin Bloomfield). Hope to share your good times in Oz when we start our new life next month.
If you only read the positives and not the negatives you are going to be very disappointed when you get over here….a balance of the two will make it so much easier to settle over here.
earlswoody is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:28 pm
  #24  
ClairePagani
 
Pagani-Rennox's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 79
Pagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nice
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Earlswoody - please let me find that out for myself. I'm not a child, and at 40years old with a lot of life experience, I fully know things won't be all plain sailing. Give us a break and just let us feel positive about the massive decision we've just made. It's hard enough knowing your taking your kids away from grandparents etc and so we need all the good karma we can get. NOT someone saying how bad Oz is when we've put such an investment into going. Do you see what I mean by this?

Sorry if I'm getting on at you but it really is such a difficult and emotional process for people as it is, especially when you are bringing your kids to the other side of the world, in the hope you are doing the right thing.

I understand you want to give a balanced view but I don't understand why you are in Oz if you hate it so much?
Pagani-Rennox is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:52 pm
  #25  
Banned
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 283
earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox View Post
Earlswoody - please let me find that out for myself. I'm not a child, and at 40years old with a lot of life experience, I fully know things won't be all plain sailing. Give us a break and just let us feel positive about the massive decision we've just made. It's hard enough knowing your taking your kids away from grandparents etc and so we need all the good karma we can get. NOT someone saying how bad Oz is when we've put such an investment into going. Do you see what I mean by this?

Sorry if I'm getting on at you but it really is such a difficult and emotional process for people as it is, especially when you are bringing your kids to the other side of the world, in the hope you are doing the right thing.

I understand you want to give a balanced view but I don't understand why you are in Oz if you hate it so much?

I agree with most of your post but if people are not allowed to honestly say what they find wrong as well as good about Oz and are just told to "f*** off home" every time you say anything about Oz that you do not like it is going to be very distorted and one sided forum, if people are vilified and bullied every time they say anything negative about Australia then it is a sad place.

Last edited by earlswoody; Nov 9th 2008 at 8:55 pm.
earlswoody is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:20 pm
  #26  
Worongary
 
steve`o's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: GC hinterland
Posts: 10,288
steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by earlswoody View Post

I agree with most of your post but if people are not allowed to honestly say what they find wrong as well as good about Oz and are just told to "f*** off home" every time you say anything about Oz that you do not like it is going to be very distorted and one sided forum, if people are vilified and bullied every time they say anything negative about Australia then it is a sad place.
yes your right but the place for both views is in the what do you think of aus type debates not someones personal update hence the **** off type of reaction

regard steve
steve`o is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2008, 2:11 am
  #27  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,493
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Could all the children play nicely please. This is an update forum, not the Aus or Barbie sites. The threads here are based on people's personal perceptions of their lives now whether good or bad. It's not for anyone else to say they are right or wrong as no one else knows how the Original Poster lives.

It would be nice, but unlikely, if arguments and personal abuse could be kept out of here. The last thing a Mod wants to do is to have to close an Update thread.
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:51 am
  #28  
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,144
viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by moneypen20 View Post
Could all the children play nicely please. This is an update forum, not the Aus or Barbie sites. The threads here are based on people's personal perceptions of their lives now whether good or bad. It's not for anyone else to say they are right or wrong as no one else knows how the Original Poster lives.

It would be nice, but unlikely, if arguments and personal abuse could be kept out of here. The last thing a Mod wants to do is to have to close an Update thread.
So Nickywes - are you here - our 18 year old nephew comes in December for a year

so anyone decided where the love it or hate it thread is going to be?

Viv
viviennef is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:46 pm
  #29  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 251
johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by nickywes View Post
Just been reading your update on the SC and really pleased you love it there. We have just moved over 2 weeks ago and are in the GC at the moment. We have rented a house in Little Mountain and can't wait to move up there on Friday. Can you tell me a bit about where and how our 17yr old son should go about making friends and where the place to be is? He is really worried that he will never have a friend in the world
Hey Nicky - we are coming out but in Feb and are going to the Gold Coast, have a 17 year old, 14 year old and a 6 year old. Will you be on the sunshine coast then? How are things going so far?

Jo
x
johull is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:00 pm
  #30  
BE Forum Addict
 
Kath & Graham's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Joondalup Perth WA
Posts: 1,060
Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just past the 2 years - Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by johull View Post
Hey Nicky - we are coming out but in Feb and are going to the Gold Coast, have a 17 year old, 14 year old and a 6 year old. Will you be on the sunshine coast then? How are things going so far?

Jo
x
Are you on your way back for good?

Kath
Kath & Graham is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.