The Jordan Update !!

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:26 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Re: The Jordan Update !!

What a lovely post. I hope that we settle when we finally get over there as quick as your family have.
Lisa
xxxx
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:48 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to hear you have all settled so well. Long may your happiness continue!

Jackie x
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:58 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to hear you're liking it as much as we are Stacey, great to hear from you.

Lou
xx
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

Thanks for the lovely up date, everything sounds good for you and your family! loux
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:59 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Well we are finally here, it took us a year but we made it. The last few days in the UK were very hard saying goodbye to all the people we love , watching the kids getting upset saying goodbye to there friends. We asked ourselves so many times were we doing the right thing. We flew with Singapore airlines who were absolutely fantastic the kids were kept entertained all the way here. I was so worried about flying with a 1 year old but I can actually say I enjoyed the flight. Lots of films for adults and children, game consoles and plenty to drink and eat all the way here. We only had a 3 hour stop over in Singapore but it went very fast. We got to Brisbane airport on the 5th January at 8.40 pm, where our meet and greet were waiting for us. It was so nice to have someone at the other end to meet us and to help with all our luggage. We stayed at the Champelli apartments on the Gold coast and for the first few days we just relaxed and took in the sights, I can’t believe how much jet lag can mess you around, we felt sick and dizzy for days. In our first few weeks we registered for our tax file numbers, Medicare, and found ourselves a rental and a car. 3 weeks after arrival my husband started work and the kids started school and my furniture had arrived from the UK and we had some kind of routine back in our lives.

My kids love there new school, I’m not so keen on the colour of there uniform though(brown and yellow) They have even learnt the Australian National anthem for there school assemblies. Then after school twice a week they have swimming lessons and tennis lessons they are making lots of new friends. My husband has settled into work really well and he is meeting new people, which they did give him a lot of stick for the 1st week about the cricket but funny enough that has all stopped now. I go once a week to a mother and toddler group at our local church and I love meeting up with my friend for coffee and cake ( I love the cake here) at the Coffee club.

I have no regrets about leaving the UK. I speak to my family all the time by phone and web cam who keep me update with all the family gossip. We have settled in really well. It feels like home now. I can walk through my local shopping mal and people will smile and say hello now like they have known me forever. I can take the kids to school now without the help of my Tom Tom, and I am starting to find little short cuts to avoid the traffic. I now have my Flyby card to start collecting my points, and people don’t beep there horn at me so often now. I love the drive back from taking my kids to school where my views are of the hinterlands. I love being woke up by the bird with the happy whistle (don’t know it’s name). We are surrounded by some many fantastic things to do and a lifetime to do it in.

There are a few things that don’t change even all the way across the other side of the world. It still rains at 3 o clock picking the kids up from school, and you still have to wait forever in a doctor surgery.

Well I’m off to prepare the food for the Barbie tonight, so the husband can tell me again that he cooked the dinner. For all of you about to start the long process of emigrating to Australia, all I can say is the wait is defiantly worth it!!!!!

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey....
So good to hear that loving it all so far, long may that continue!! Sounds like you'll be dab hands at BBQ's by the time we get there and take you up on your offer of a drink and barbie!!!! Keep enjoying!!! C x
Old May 6th 2007, 2:58 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Only two months ago you were loving it.......hope things work out good in the end for you what ever your decision.

Thinking of you
Old May 7th 2007, 8:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Only two months ago you were loving it.......hope things work out good in the end for you what ever your decision.

Thinking of you
I think you might be replying to another thread
Old May 7th 2007, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Not really

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443305
Old May 7th 2007, 9:53 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I have had so many Pm's about this post..........

Thanks Wendy i don't know how to do that
Old May 7th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Nice one Stacey, glad its all going well.

Mick
OH just got all excited, thought it was 'the' Jordan - how sad is he!!!
Old May 7th 2007, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I have had so many Pm's about this post..........

Thanks Wendy i don't know how to do that

Just highlight all of the address bar, right click, select 'copy' then in the post right click again and select 'paste'.
Old May 7th 2007, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
Just highlight all of the address bar, right click, select 'copy' then in the post right click again and select 'paste'.
How easy is that....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...92#post4747292
Nice one Wendy
Old May 7th 2007, 1:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to excuse me, I get soooooo confused sometimes
Old May 8th 2007, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you
Yes it's true we are finding it a bit hard. The honeymoon period is over. The good news is my husband has found a job which he likes and bringing in a ok income, and the ducks have stopped crapping around the pool. I'm just taking it one day at a time, it makes me feel better that way. When i start thinking of it long term that's when i start panicking. That's when i start thinking of the security side. I'm just looking at it as a long holiday at the mo, and giving our self no time limit or date when we are going home.

Thank you for all the kind Pm's.

From a happier Stacey

Last edited by stacey and jordan; May 8th 2007 at 4:42 am. Reason: Spelling
Old May 8th 2007, 6:45 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Yes it's true we are finding it a bit hard. The honeymoon period is over. The good news is my husband has found a job which he likes and bringing in a ok income, and the ducks have stopped crapping around the pool. I'm just taking it one day at a time, it makes me feel better that way. When i start thinking of it long term that's when i start panicking. That's when i start thinking of the security side. I'm just looking at it as a long holiday at the mo, and giving our self no time limit or date when we are going home.

Thank you for all the kind Pm's.

From a happier Stacey

sorry to hear things have gone a bit downhill lately Stacey, hope your husband's new job is the start of a lots of good things to come

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.