The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old May 5th 2011, 8:10 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE time differences!? lol

Long story short, my tenant has left my house in a terrible mess - filthy from top to bottom, kitchen honking - from the cupboards, to the worktops to the floors, bathrooms disgusting, stair carpets needing cleaned, both gardens left uncut, fire left uncleaned, shed left unlocked, with all of my gardening equipment left inside. THANKS MATE!

So, he was owed £425 deposit back but both my agent and my Dad have decided to withold £125, which in all honesty, isn't very much, and he's got off lightly! His Dad was present for the inspection and became threatening with the agent saying 'If he doesn't get all of his deposit back I'll be coming looking for it!!!' << charmed, I'm sure!!! lol My Dad has since been up and said he spent a few hours sorting out the bathrooms alone, today, PURE MINGING! He also hired a carpet cleaner to sort the stairs out! So my Dad is doing all of the cleaning and maintenance to get the house habitable again, so he will be getting the £125, he's spent one day there already and envisages at least another two, one more to sort the inside and another the outside!

So in conclusion, the reason I love time differences so much!? I received an email from my tenant this morning to say he'd contacted his solicitor (ironic as the same guy is also my solicitor haha) and if he doesn't get his full deposit back he will be taking court action!

Anyone else had a similar situation to this, or am I the only lucky one!? lol
Old May 6th 2011, 8:03 am
Just Joined

leftfieldlover is on a distinguished road

Did your dad take any photos? My younger son moved into a student house in Manchester a few years ago and it was unbelievable! I took a series of photos with a disposable camera and used them as evidence that the house had not been cleaned etc., before C and his friends moved in. No problems at all.
Old May 6th 2011, 9:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

More detail here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715846

Bloody dirty wee bugger if you ask me! So angry with him!!!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:29 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

YAYYYY just had my contract extended AGAIN, this time up to the end of term 3 (mid-September) = HAPPY JEN!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
YAYYYY just had my contract extended AGAIN, this time up to the end of term 3 (mid-September) = HAPPY JEN!
Awesome Jen!

As for me, contract finished last week, so on the hunt again.

Have a glass of
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:12 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Awesome Jen!

Have a glass of
Not on a school night lol Got a work doo on fri night so I'll let my hair down then lol
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:15 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

great news Jen, it's meant to be

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Awesome Jen!

Have a glass of
I've noticed the market picking up so fingers crossed you'll soon get something mate
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:18 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

congrats.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Fantasic news!! congratulations!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:45 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

So my Dad thinks I should go bankrupt/hand back my keys to my UK house, thoughts please?!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:52 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

PS Been here 18 months now!!!
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh, time flies!!!

...when you're having fun.

Seems like yesterday you hopped on a plane.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

So my Dad thinks I should go bankrupt/hand back my keys to my UK house, thoughts please?!

do you have equity on your house or are you in negative equity? I asked this question a few weeks ago for a friend of mine, she's negative 80,000 GBP From the answers I got, there is a lot that goes along with handing your keys back, they can still still chase you for any monies owing - so it's not as clean cut as I thought it was.

We've just bought here

Lynn xx
Old Jul 9th 2011, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Bonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really nice

Not actually sure how you would go about declaring yourself bankrupt when you're a non-resident Jen.
You'd have to look into whether it is actually possible....

Nicola
Old Jul 9th 2011, 6:25 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by the4ofus
do you have equity on your house or are you in negative equity? I asked this question a few weeks ago for a friend of mine, she's negative 80,000 GBP From the answers I got, there is a lot that goes along with handing your keys back, they can still still chase you for any monies owing - so it's not as clean cut as I thought it was.

We've just bought here

Lynn xx
I'd probably break even, or be in a little bit of Neg Eq, but I'm coping with making the payments myself this last three months while Mr/Mrs New Tenant eventually appear on the scene lol So I personally think it's a bl**dy stupid idea!!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.