Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Hey Jamie,
So have you come to a decision? UK or Aus? You will have to let us all know if you decided to go back?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

He hasn't posted since January, so you might be waiting a while!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
He hasn't posted since January, so you might be waiting a while!
LOL, wonder why they just disappear...maybe they have a life.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
LOL, wonder why they just disappear...maybe they have a life.
Ye thats probably it - I am wasting all my time here. I need to get into action as I am flying out on Tuesday and I have so much to do. Yet can't seem to drag myself away from the computer.....!!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I would Imagine that the Gold Coast is possibly the best place in Aus to meet women. I could be wrong, and their motives could be questionable, but on the surface that was the vibe I personally got.
Cheeky bugger
Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Hey Jamie,
So have you come to a decision? UK or Aus? You will have to let us all know if you decided to go back?
Basically my now X partner Kerrie got engaged to her new partner who is 13yrs her senior with 3 kids(!)back in February-astonishing considering we only got back at the end of Sept 07..and reading between the lines of what her mum said could well have been in contact with him before we left, as they were old work collegues, so had obv swapped numbers-so draw your own conclusions..

Anyway, back on to me- just when I thought it couldn't get any worse having also had our dogs put down in the meantime, I was made redundant in the 1st week of this year..still every cloud and all that as have since got a much better job with benefits/prospects/training etc..

However-there still remains this nagging at the back of my mind, despite what happened last time around, ie what if, what if..so am still keeping my options open regarding a return as my gear is still in storage in Brizzy and have still got 3yrs left on my visa, although have recently sold my car out there-and besides, a decent job shouldn't be enough to keep me here should it and despite my best efforts, am still single (any offers ladies lol!?)..

Seriously, guess time will tell-but know the hard reality of going back on my own, the initial loneleyness with no real friands and family etc..and at the end of it all, NO guarantee that I will be untimately happier-despite the better climate etc..so at the end of the day, just how much longer can I give emotionally and financially to chasing the dream!?

I feel as though I carn't win either way-and at the same time don't want to have regrets for the rest of my life-I know everybody will once again say "You gotta come back" etc, but talk is cheap/easier said than done..what I really need is a crystal ball!

Jamie
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help with the balls and don't want to say come back everything will be rosy but I wonder if there's anyone you're talking this through with? A sensible, non judgemental family member or friend who can just help you see through the fog?

I understand about the job and whilst it's a good one etc and you saying a job shouldn't stop you doing what you want but in this climate, from what I can gather, a good job is something worth hanging on to. I think you need to give yourself a good break from thinking about Aus. Enjoy the work, enjoy your mates and get your life back on an even keel. You've got three years and Australia's not going anywhere.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Well Jamie, with regard to your x, I think you may have had a lucky escape there. It does sound a little suspicious. Lucky you cause you don't need to worry about her anymore! Everything happens for a reason.
Regarding the nagging thoughts about returning to Australia, I am a firm believer in 'whats for you won't pass you'. So if you are supposed to return to Australia it will happen.
I was in a relationship with someone a couple of years back(I was supposed to go to Australia with him). I kept holding back and making excuses not to go knowing that something wasn't quite right. We broke up eventually(he cheated).
It was the best thing that could have happened.

I now have an amazing partner who makes me laugh all the time. And we fly out to Australia on tuesday(Hong Kong and south east asia first, then Sydney).

So hang in there and go with your gut feeling.
Find a quiet space & a calm moment and ask yourself the question - "should I go back to Oz?". Your first reaction-and you will feel it in your gut-is the one you need to follow!
Good luck with your choices,
Lorraine.

Last edited by Bailey1; Jun 7th 2008 at 5:20 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

That's a really nice post Bailey1
Can't give you anymore karma yet, sorry

Good luck for Tuesday & hope you are enjoying your last weekend in Ireland
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
That's a really nice post Bailey1
Can't give you anymore karma yet, sorry

Good luck for Tuesday & hope you are enjoying your last weekend in Ireland
Hey Sallyclaire,
I am having a lovely weekend albeit bittersweet. I am spending it with my family and my lovely dogs Jess & Bailey. Its totally unreal that I am going and I still have so much to do.....like pack. I just can't decide what to bring with me. I keep telling myself I can buy loads of clothes over there but I can't decided what to leave behind. Decisions decisions decisions...!
Old Jun 8th 2008, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Hey Sallyclaire,
I am having a lovely weekend albeit bittersweet. I am spending it with my family and my lovely dogs Jess & Bailey. Its totally unreal that I am going and I still have so much to do.....like pack. I just can't decide what to bring with me. I keep telling myself I can buy loads of clothes over there but I can't decided what to leave behind. Decisions decisions decisions...!
Pack as many clothes as you can. I hear that the quality over in Aus is not so good!

And to Jamie (just so that I am not hijacking the thread), Great advice from Bailey, just take your time & you will find your answer eventually!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

PC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nice

Hi Jamie

This is Paul on the Sunshine Coast. You probably know me better as... well, you work it out. You almost made the meeting we had just a day after you arrived. Long time no hear, mate.

After all that's passed and listening to you now, I would say it's time to call it a day. Australia doesn't suit everyone and it sounds to me like it's time to close the book. No more should I or shouldn't I? You have a good job now and that's a great comfort. Belongings can be posted, but transporting a whole life just on a whim of a warmer clime may not be the right thing to do.

You gave it your best shot. It didn't work out. The circumstances were awful. Don't dwell, move on. And if you do decide to give it one more go - book that holiday before the visa expires. Travel the country. Once on these shores you'll be able to make up your own mind, once and for all.

You'll also have a nice stress-free holiday to remember it all by.

PC.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PC Pom
Hi Jamie

This is Paul on the Sunshine Coast. You probably know me better as... well, you work it out. You almost made the meeting we had just a day after you arrived. Long time no hear, mate.

After all that's passed and listening to you now, I would say it's time to call it a day. Australia doesn't suit everyone and it sounds to me like it's time to close the book. No more should I or shouldn't I? You have a good job now and that's a great comfort. Belongings can be posted, but transporting a whole life just on a whim of a warmer clime may not be the right thing to do.

You gave it your best shot. It didn't work out. The circumstances were awful. Don't dwell, move on. And if you do decide to give it one more go - book that holiday before the visa expires. Travel the country. Once on these shores you'll be able to make up your own mind, once and for all.

You'll also have a nice stress-free holiday to remember it all by.

PC.
Hi Paul,

Well yes I do remenber who you are now..however, only being there 7 weeks I DON'T feel as if I have given it my "Best shot"- that's the problem/what's tormenting me..but ultimately what you have said may well be spot on and the right thing to do, ie let it go!

Anyway hope is all well your end,

Jamie
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

PC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nicePC Pom is just really nice

Yep, all's well this end mate. If you need to chat off line you know where to find me. Keep your chin up, and if you do make it over here for a holiday, make sure you drop by for a beer.