Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Originally Posted by jazzys
You could always do the backpacking thing, you'll find drinking partners and travelling partners there mate.

If you get a job you can then start looking at getting a rental.
What is it you do for a living?

Jazzys
Thats a damn good idea actually, We had a visitor from the UK that went all the way around Aus, including a stint at my BiL's station out west of Goondawindi. He seemed to really mean it when he considered that Melbourne was the best city in Aus, So there are lots of things that you need to see. Everyone is different, has different likes etc. Mind you I will admit one thing, from my point of view, I would Imagine that the Gold Coast is possibly the best place in Aus to meet women. I could be wrong, and their motives could be questionable, but on the surface that was the vibe I personally got.

After all said and done, backpacking is a fantastic way to meet people and find out who you are and where you like.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thats a damn good idea actually, We had a visitor from the UK that went all the way around Aus, including a stint at my BiL's station out west of Goondawindi. He seemed to really mean it when he considered that Melbourne was the best city in Aus, So there are lots of things that you need to see. Everyone is different, has different likes etc. Mind you I will admit one thing, from my point of view, I would Imagine that the Gold Coast is possibly the best place in Aus to meet women. I could be wrong, and their motives could be questionable, but on the surface that was the vibe I personally got.

After all said and done, backpacking is a fantastic way to meet people and find out who you are and where you like.
I backpacked on my first trip to OZ...stayed in a private room in a great backpackers place. Full of different folk from all over the world. Enjoyed it more than staying in a hotel
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jazzys
You could always do the backpacking thing, you'll find drinking partners and travelling partners there mate.

If you get a job you can then start looking at getting a rental.
What is it you do for a living?

Jazzys
Maybe something I would have done in my early 20's but i've just 35! Want to get settled somewhere and put roots down, get a job and hopefully meet people!

Jamie
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHELSEAJAMIE
Maybe something I would have done in my early 20's but i've just 35! Want to get settled somewhere and put roots down, get a job and hopefully meet people!

Jamie
I can understand that but perhaps spending a couple of months, seeing a few different places, will give you a better idea of where you want to settle. You would also meet loads of people that way too!
You are young (35 is NOT old you know!), have no dependents, the world is your oyster
Good luck!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzysf course you do Jamie, but I suggested the backpackers places as a way of having somewhere to stay until you get a job and get a rented place of your own. Its good crack in those places, you'd enjoy it. Its exactly what i'd do in your situation and i'm 43.

Jazzys

Jamie
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie
Nothing to say you can't go it for a couple of months to just get back out there, boost your self confidence back up a bit and just have some plan old fashioned fun before you go back to being a grownup!

I'm with jazzys, thats exactly what I'd do in your shoes, and I'm 38.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie
We did that when we were 42/35 and had a ball !

Don't forget that life goes on whilst you're busy making other plans-just go and enjoy...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:28 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Me too - go for it - nothing like mixing with a whole load of interesting folks from all walks of life that you'd never possibly get the chance to meet otherwise.

The last time I went backpacking was around Morocco with the girls - I was 40 & definitely not the oldest person doing it - there were even plenty of retired people.

Very best of luck to you
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:52 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Jamie
My cousin is a year older than you and he just spent the last year back packing round Oz and has had a ball!! He said he met so many other people the same age as him (and older!!!) and of course also met alot of "younger" girlies, needless to say he is now seriously thinking about applying for a permanent visa!!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

You are never too old.

We moved out here two years ago and a guy we were working with suddenly decided he hadn't done the backpacking thing after Uni so he, his wife and two kids (7&4) are spending a year travelling around the world and are just now spending about 4 months in Oz.

They spent Christmas with us and are having a ball!!

Just do it.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:32 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Jamie. Move back to Aus, you may never get another oppotunity .

C x
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:37 pm
Now an expat!

MonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really nice

Hi Jamie, get back over here!!! sorry you couldn't work things out when you got back,take a chance and come back you sound like you have nothing to lose,we are in the goldcoast now why not give it a try there are always plenty of meets going on where you can make new friends go for it and england is only a plane ride home if things don't work out.you have my email if you want to get in contact
steve and sarah
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:46 am
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road

Hi Jamie,

Like everyone says , you are young and nothing to hold you back. Life is not a rehearsal just grab every opportunity with both hands. You will meet someone and if not immedialty then make some friends on dating sites like plentyoffish and spice of life. Lots of nice people on there and if nothing else always good for a chat :-) .

All the best

Btaz :-)
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Alright Jamie,

hope you're feeling a bit more postive about everything now. We live on Sunny coast. There's me, hubs & 4 kids. I'm 33 & he's 29.

A couple of days ago we went to the open air pool at Cotton Tree, Maroochydore. Got chatting to an 'old boy'. he was a Kiwi, had had 2 wives, left New Zealand after that to come to Australia. Travelled in a Winnebego (spelling?) for 9 YEARS all round Oz... He's settled on SC now & introduced us to CE-CE his Thai 'friend' who was around 25yrs his junior at least!

When i was doing my return lap, he was 'heavy petting' in the pool! so you're never too old to travel.. Good for Brent!

But if you do want to settle down the sunny Coast is a great place. However we came to Australia to live as we hadn't travelled really & having 3 under 3 1/2 isnt really possible & got one in school.. wish i'd had the opportunity to do it though, as mates have & after seeing the pics was as jealous as hell!

Good luck mate,

S-j xxx
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:09 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jamie,

Fair play to you sounds like you have had a lousy time of it To be honest ild say give Australia another go yep you might not know any one when you get off the plane well except you friends living there but any girl will tell you if your a nice friendly bloke who smiles then you'll be fine at least you'll be in better weather as well what kinda of work do you do. My brother landed in Australia last October on his own he stayed with friends of ours for a while they live in Buderim now but were in alexandra last time we heard he was staying in a back packers with his new girlfriend having a ball he doing the tourist thing at the mo traveling around.
Life is what you make it your young and have nothing to lose so ild say go for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.