Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:23 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie & Kerrie-what happened..

Hi

Sorry to hear of your stresses. Maybe have a look on the job websites (www.careerone.com.au and seek.com.au) to see where the jobs are. I know that there are a lot of jobs about (depending on your qualifications etc). I agree with your thoughts on moving to Brisbane for work and social life - I'm in Brissy and I love it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Just want to say how sorry i am to hear of the problems you have had.

You can only look forward now and like the others have said....go for it.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

The world is your oyster....don't know if you believe in fate, but losing your dogs then becoming redundant ...... all you need now is to win a ticket back LOL and it truly would be your destiny to return to Oz.

You have - or will have - many friends and much support on this forum. There'll be meet-ups and socials where you can meet new people.

If I were in Oz, I'd just drag you around to all of my work functions, events, parties etc etc just so that you could meet new people.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:00 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

dude

get your self a wad o cash, a big pack of fek off flunkies, and head for Thailand!

after you've exhausted your self, move to Perth and get a job...
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:02 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamie - so sorry to hear about the past few months.
I agree with the others. Get yourself back there.
Go to Brisbane where there is more nightlife (presumably).
What do you do for work? Do you have an occupation where you are likely to meet people?
You have nothing lo lose at the moment.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Shite MATE.

You dont do things by halves doya !!!!!!

WELL.

If you come back, keep us all posted, and we can drag you along to a curry night.

If you go the southside, I know some single ladies , in the Greenbank area. Who wouldnt say no to a drinking buddy at the greenbank rsl.

If you wanna keep in tip top condition, Fee ( Fiona ) or Fiona Moana as we call her, runs a chain of Anal Bleaching salons, and can spruce you up good n proper LOL

Wish ya luck.

Ste
Thanks everyone-easier said than done though! Will keep you posted anyway..

Timber floor:- Yeah that sounds good lol (not the bit about the anal bleaching tho! lol) pm me if you like mate..
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
dude

get your self a wad o cash, a big pack of fek off flunkies, and head for Thailand!

after you've exhausted your self, move to Perth and get a job...
Sounds like a plan..better watch out for the lady boys tho...lol
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
hi jamie

glad to see you back on here mate
i can only add that oz is a place that you wanted to experience, you got through all the visa application crap, but unfortunatley it didnt work out for you THAT TIME.
you have skills, you are now single and the world is yours for the taking, so go for it. A new country, new experience, new people and job may be just what you need. only you can decide and I hope everything takes a turn for the beetter for you.
good luck mate
keep in touch on here, nobody's gonna judge you.
bec
Jamie, I think Bec's post has said everything I was thinking!
Best wishes to you & go for it!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Jamie - so sorry to hear about the past few months.
I agree with the others. Get yourself back there.
Go to Brisbane where there is more nightlife (presumably).
What do you do for work? Do you have an occupation where you are likely to meet people?
You have nothing lo lose at the moment.
Im an engineer but am open minded..there only seemed to be poorly paid casual retail and sales on the Sun Coast, perm full time work appeared to be very rare..did work for an engineering company on Kunda Park (small unit) but was casual p.t as he didn't have enough work for f.t..having said that a week before I came back I started a full-time perm key-cutting, watch/shoe repair job with the Mr Minit Franchise..so it can be done..
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Larlinlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAMIEKERRIE
Hi everybody, I know it's been a while, so I thought I'd let you know what happened to me and Kerrie..

Basically me and my now x partner Kerrie emergrated to the Sun Coast (Maroochydore/Alex) at the end of July..

To be honest, Kerrie had serious cold feet a week or so before we were due to leave (and 4 days before my bros wedding)..anyway, she agreed to just go for an initial 2 weeks and see how we go..

Anyway, to cut a long story short she was struggling to cope from day1 and after a few weeks started to drop hints re going back for a hol/homesickness etc, which at the time I didn't take too seriously as I thought this natural considering what we had done-we wern't getting on too well also, which I put down to stress..In the meantime we got jobs, I bought a car and she agreed to sign a 3 month lease for a 2 bed rental in Parker St Maroochydore for about £65 a week or $150..2 mins from the beach.

I came home from work on the Friday of the 7th week to find all her gear gone and a 10 page letter on the table..I returned to the UK only a few days after her, we have split up and gone our seperate ways-we were together 6 years and engaged for 3 of them..

So I have now been back since the end of September and things haven't got any better..have lost both our dogs within 3 weeks and was told only yesterday I'm being made redundant-you couldn't make it up!

I have been considering coming back-my gear is in storage there and I left my car with friends (Thankyou Sue & Craig) so feel I have nothing to lose now-although I realise how difficult and potentially lonely it could be on my own as it is different to the UK in terms of meeting new partners etc due to the family atmosphere and lack of night life etc (apart from Mooloolaba)and the fact that everything is so spread out..

I liked the Sun Coast- paradise, but in reflection feel it is maybe abit quiet and more for families..and am still concerned by the lack of permanent full-time work (known as the "casual coast") so am considering if I do come back to go South of Brisbane where there is more industry and hopefully a better chance of meeting a nice lady!

Any thoughts/suggestions? I've just turned 35 and am very single..

Jamie
Sorry to hear that it hasnt worked out this is my partners worry as well,

But as so many people have said you have nothing to lose now? so you are going to have to start over here in cold uk or start over there? new place new start, hope you get some good luck soon mate xx
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Im with the 'get yourself back over here' brigade. Lets face it, if lives gonna be hard it may as well be hard in Australia
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your relationship.

Personally, I'd say that you should decide what you want to do, and do it. It doesn't really matter about single women at this point. If you've had a 6 year relationship break up, the last thing you should be worrying about it is starting another one!

Hope you enjoy it wherever you end up!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:54 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Sounds like a plan..better watch out for the lady boys tho...lol
do it now before you get lumbered with another burd!

simple rule for ladyboys thats had an op:
"one finger dry - boy, 2 fingers damp - girl"

so I've been told...

I also know another story by a dude, that was drunk and ended up with a lady boy, and kept him/her for a whole week.....true, by the way!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:33 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Im an engineer but am open minded..there only seemed to be poorly paid casual retail and sales on the Sun Coast, perm full time work appeared to be very rare..did work for an engineering company on Kunda Park (small unit) but was casual p.t as he didn't have enough work for f.t..having said that a week before I came back I started a full-time perm key-cutting, watch/shoe repair job with the Mr Minit Franchise..so it can be done..
Jamie, for christs sake you are 35!!! Move on and be positive and make a decision one way or another. The majority on here are saying the same thing so just deal with whats happened and do something with your life. I can't express sympathy cos far worse has happened to others, you are still healthy and still able to work. I can however express empathy cos I have been in similar situation but I am a pragmatic person, I never look back, always look forward and life is there to grab with both hands.
You know the country, you've done it before so if you can stretch to affording it again then just do it. Whats left in UK for you? An ex girlfriend and a dogs grave?? I am not trying to be harsh just trying to give you a virtual slap on the face and say,'stop feeling sorry for yourself, grow up and act positive!'.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jamie
You are still young and yes you have had a rough year but you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If I was you I would grab this opportunity with both hands, get a job anything to start and give it my all. You will look back in a few years and it won't seem so bad.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.