British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   It's 2 years !!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/its-2-years-766474/)

muditha Jul 28th 2012 9:02 am

It's 2 years !!!!!!!!

It was a challenging 2 years. I came to Australia exactly 2 years ago. I stayed with my uncle’s family in Melbourne and searched for a job. But after sometime I realised I have to find whatever a job. So at last after 3 months found a small job. Then my wife and little son came, we moved to a unit and then I was lucky to get a job of my profession through one of my friend. But we had to move to Sydney. Again I came early and wife and son came later. Since then we are in Sydney. Though the story is very short, it was not an easy journey specially with a kid of 9 months. (when my son came to Australia, he was 9 months). I under went lot of challenges during last 2 years which I never thought I would ever face. But now I feel I learnt lot of things from them and feel happy about the way I faced those.

Meanwhile I would like to thank all the BEs who helped me lot during last 2 years. I got lot of advices and opinions through the forum and would like to thank the administrators for maintaining such a useful forum.

Thanks everybody.:)

Pollyana Jul 28th 2012 1:40 pm

Re: It's 2 years !!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by muditha (Post 10197624)
It was a challenging 2 years. I came to Australia exactly 2 years ago. I stayed with my uncle’s family in Melbourne and searched for a job. But after sometime I realised I have to find whatever a job. So at last after 3 months found a small job. Then my wife and little son came, we moved to a unit and then I was lucky to get a job of my profession through one of my friend. But we had to move to Sydney. Again I came early and wife and son came later. Since then we are in Sydney. Though the story is very short, it was not an easy journey specially with a kid of 9 months. (when my son came to Australia, he was 9 months). I under went lot of challenges during last 2 years which I never thought I would ever face. But now I feel I learnt lot of things from them and feel happy about the way I faced those.

Meanwhile I would like to thank all the BEs who helped me lot during last 2 years. I got lot of advices and opinions through the forum and would like to thank the administrators for maintaining such a useful forum.

Can't believe its been two years! I know you've posted about a fair few challenges, but sounds like you've coped with them all admirably :)

Hope things continue to go well for you :)

moneypenny20 Jul 28th 2012 2:00 pm

Agree with Poll, amazed at the two years. It's great to hear that things have settled down for you and yours. I hope you continue to be happy here.

Sue Jul 28th 2012 4:09 pm

Sounds like you have overcome a lot of obstacles. Congrats on your two years and I'm so pleased that the members of BE have helped you on your journey.

Alfresco Jul 28th 2012 9:21 pm

Congrats Muditha. I remember all your struggles. Onward and upward I say! :thumbup:

muditha Jul 28th 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks everybody.

I'm feeling very happy that most of the people can remmeber me in the forum. :)

carolinephillips Jul 29th 2012 1:39 am

Congrats on surviving a rough 2 years. Hope the next ones are smoother and better for you and your family.:thumbup:

Bernieboy Jul 29th 2012 12:38 pm

That was a quick 2 years mate,well done,give yourself a lot of credit,you did good:thumbsup:

Dorothy Jul 29th 2012 1:31 pm

Wow, has it been 2 years already? That seemed to go really fast.

I'm glad it's all worked out for you guys in the end. :)

irishbloo Jul 29th 2012 1:37 pm

Congrats on your two years.Even though you had some hard times you stuck it out and got on with it.Its lovely to hear of your update and to take the time to thank people that helped you.I hope life continues to treat you and your wife and child well.Good for you.:thumbsup:

asprilla Aug 14th 2012 12:49 am

Best wishes Muditha !! I recall your first postings on the forum. Hope life is going well for you and your family, and that you have more opportunities as time passes !