I miss the cheese....

Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I miss the cheese....

I found this beach (on the Mornington Peninsula) really impressive. As well as the dramatic scenery it also had a useful stream that ran through the beach which was ideal for dam building. It is a 2k walk to get to it but there is the chance of seeing Kangeroos on the way.

Attached Thumbnails I miss the cheese....-beach.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I found this beach (on the Mornington Peninsula) really impressive. As well as the dramatic scenery it also had a useful stream that ran through the beach which was ideal for dam building. It is a 2k walk to get to it but there is the chance of seeing Kangeroos on the way.

That looks fab - whereabouts exactly??
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Cheers me dear...

Pasties are the bestest thing to come outta cornwall - except Jethro!!
And Roddas clotted creammmmmmmm
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:16 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Crow
That looks fab - whereabouts exactly??
Bushrangers Bay on the south coast.

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:09 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
And Roddas clotted creammmmmmmm
Stop it!!!! You've had me searching for Clotted Cream on the Sunshine coast... god damn you! Although I only ever used to eat it with Christmas pud.... hmmmmm bloody lovely!

Pasty update... they were 'ansome.. made me own pastry n everything!!

Sonic xx
(feeling fat after having homemade pasty for lunch!)
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Just to make you feel just a little homesick we're off to Portloe next weekend for my nieces wedding.

I'm sure I'll manage a few saffron buns washed down with a pint or two of Tinners.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

buckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by deano66
Just to make you feel just a little homesick we're off to Portloe next weekend for my nieces wedding.

I'm sure I'll manage a few saffron buns washed down with a pint or two of Tinners.
Yeah thanks for that, thst really made me homesick!!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

We're popping down to Cornwall (Falmouth) this Friday to see off a friend before she heads off to do some teaching in Indonesia and to visit my parents. Will have to stop into Trago Mills while we are there!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joolz
We're popping down to Cornwall (Falmouth) this Friday to see off a friend before she heads off to do some teaching in Indonesia and to visit my parents. Will have to stop into Trago Mills while we are there!
Sorry to hijack the thread - but just noticed you're from Yate. I went to school there!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Cool! Which one?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joolz
Cool! Which one?
King Edmunds for my sins
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Ah i know it well - we do martial arts there on a tuesday!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Manly beach is pretty cool, I'd swap it for Portsmouth anyday.... lots of cafes, pubs, people surfing, old men going out for a dip. Lots going on. It's a shame Perth isn't as "alive".
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

I mean this in a respectful way.....you are absolutely crazy Buckinghamshire Lass!!!

As a kid I loved Blackpool, but wouldn't go now as I can't stand the tackiness of it, and all the pi**ed up hen and stag parties trawling along the front, boozing, smoking and swearing are not good things for young kids to see.

Who am I to talk though as I've not been to Oz yet and who knows, when I get there maybe I'll miss Blackpool too....although I doubt it!

I'm taking my girls to Butlins tomorrow (have never been), and I'm hoping it's not Chav city!! I know they'll love it though and that's the main thing
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:19 am
Just Joined

buckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mancfamily
I mean this in a respectful way.....you are absolutely crazy Buckinghamshire Lass!!!

As a kid I loved Blackpool, but wouldn't go now as I can't stand the tackiness of it, and all the pi**ed up hen and stag parties trawling along the front, boozing, smoking and swearing are not good things for young kids to see.

Who am I to talk though as I've not been to Oz yet and who knows, when I get there maybe I'll miss Blackpool too....although I doubt it!

I'm taking my girls to Butlins tomorrow (have never been), and I'm hoping it's not Chav city!! I know they'll love it though and that's the main thing

Yes bonkers I am, thats true! People have said about the litter, dog poo, bad weather etc but thats not what I remember. I admit there are beaches like that but not all.
I was similar to you before I came, thinking of nothing but beautiful beaches and clear water but since being here I realsed what it was I actually loved about the sea side and its the character, the bustle of people etc as Ive mentioned. I appreciate I maybe one of a few that feel the same, we cant all like the same things...........now that would make us boring wouldnt it
Hope you have a great time in Butlins, chav city? Maybe but cheese city....deffo! Brilliant!