Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

I love living in Australia

I love living in Australia

Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all
Default I love living in Australia

Hi All haven't posted in ages, but always looking in to see how you all are
Just felt I needed to say after 2 years here now, and my rose tinted glasses are definitely clear, even my contacts are clear! That I am really enjoying my life in Adelaide. I had some lows to start with, but instead of dwelling to much about them, got on with it. Apart from the fact that the OH works away alot, we enjoy ourselves so much.
I love the stroll to the local on any afternoon, the trips into the city to see some great bands, walks in the reserve with the dog listening to some fantastic birds, (I remember someone on here saying once that they missed hearing the birds sing since moving to Oz??) finding koalas in the trees outside the house, even the snakes don't scare me as much! I know Oz isn't for all, but on my part I am loving it
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all
Default Re: I love living in Australia

Sorry mods just realized that maybe this should be in the update forum??
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Moved. Good to hear you've settled and enjoying life. Hope it continues for a long long time.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linloo
Hi All haven't posted in ages, but always looking in to see how you all are
Just felt I needed to say after 2 years here now, and my rose tinted glasses are definitely clear, even my contacts are clear! That I am really enjoying my life in Adelaide. I had some lows to start with, but instead of dwelling to much about them, got on with it. Apart from the fact that the OH works away alot, we enjoy ourselves so much.
I love the stroll to the local on any afternoon, the trips into the city to see some great bands, walks in the reserve with the dog listening to some fantastic birds, (I remember someone on here saying once that they missed hearing the birds sing since moving to Oz??) finding koalas in the trees outside the house, even the snakes don't scare me as much! I know Oz isn't for all, but on my part I am loving it

Wonderful story and very happy to hear all can be sweet and sound...

We are feeling the same...Only seven months here but what a mood change from how miserable we were in the first three months...Now we are loving it

I guess Oz has squized the grumpy British character out of us!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:50 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Syedney

I guess Oz has squized the grumpy British character out of us!
Your right it has had the same effect on me too, I reckon the weather helps.

Nice post OP.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post Linloo & congrats on 2 years
Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:25 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

Hear hear!
4 years on and I luv it too!

I used to be known as 'Cheeky' with a panda aviator many moons ago if anyone remembers me. I had to change my profile as some lunitic started to hound me on here and it got messy thats why I gave up coming on. I feel a bit like 2 fingers up to whoever it was as one of the things they said to me was I wouldnt last very long here and I could never embrace the culture and the Austalian lifestyle. That comment hurt the most. Anyhow...I am still here....embracing still....and feeling as Australian as I do British.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by linloo
finding koalas in the trees outside the house, even the snakes don't scare me as much! I know Oz isn't for all, but on my part I am loving it
Did you just say snakes? oh gosh. But how can we differentiate the poisonous ones from the ones which aren't.

But please be careful as they say... nature cannot be changed and we all know what snakes do