British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Here a week! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/here-week-419608/)

harryed Jan 17th 2007 8:05 am

Here a week!

Unfortunately didn't have time to share the good news that our visa came through in December as everything happened so quick - we had sold the house and organised the flights and the removals in the hope things would come through before Christmas and sure enough it all happened as we'd hoped.

Was so good to finally arrive after 5 weeks of saying good bye to family and friends and doing a spot of travelling on route.

Here on the Gold Coast - mad couple of days after arriving - went into work to say hi I'm here, (I'd a job already), following day driving around looking to see which suburb we liked plus opening a bank account and day after got accepted for a great house in Nobby Beach - would highly recommend an agent called ANgela Maze on the Highway at Mermaid Waters - very personal service and took us on good will as we'd no references. OH went into an agency on Monday and into the hospital and was offered job on the spot!

So far we're delighted - everything is as hoped with people in particular being so friendly and already feeling the way of life is so relaxed. Only thing that has shocked us is the price of things - everything seems to be quite expensive apart from petrol!

Anyway..

Hope all the newbies are settling in and good luck to us all!

shiels Jan 17th 2007 6:42 pm

Re: Here a week!

Originally Posted by harryed (Post 4292976)
Unfortunately didn't have time to share the good news that our visa came through in December as everything happened so quick - we had sold the house and organised the flights and the removals in the hope things would come through before Christmas and sure enough it all happened as we'd hoped.

Was so good to finally arrive after 5 weeks of saying good bye to family and friends and doing a spot of travelling on route.

Here on the Gold Coast - mad couple of days after arriving - went into work to say hi I'm here, (I'd a job already), following day driving around looking to see which suburb we liked plus opening a bank account and day after got accepted for a great house in Nobby Beach - would highly recommend an agent called ANgela Maze on the Highway at Mermaid Waters - very personal service and took us on good will as we'd no references. OH went into an agency on Monday and into the hospital and was offered job on the spot!

So far we're delighted - everything is as hoped with people in particular being so friendly and already feeling the way of life is so relaxed. Only thing that has shocked us is the price of things - everything seems to be quite expensive apart from petrol!

Anyway..

Sounds as though you love it already!!! C x

curly Jan 17th 2007 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by harryed (Post 4292976)

Anyway..

Thanks for sharing your update with us all :D

Sounds great :D

Keep enjoying it!!!

ragner Jan 18th 2007 7:15 am

good to hear your enjoying it.
In most cases it will get better and better.
We have been in Brisbane for 7 months and love it.
good luck

mindblower Jan 18th 2007 12:41 pm

[ QUOTE]

Superb progress....well done.

Dave

Ozzidoc Jan 20th 2007 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by mindblower (Post 4297749)
[ QUOTE]

Superb progress....well done.

Dave

Thanks for sharing. :)