Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

The good,the bad and the ugly

Wikiposts

The good,the bad and the ugly

Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:29 am
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice
Default Re: The good,the bad and the ugly

Good update Lee,totaly honest & straight to the point.
Best of luck to you & your

Mark.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 29palms
Yes I aplogise I should have said out 'East'! But my point is why bother moving half way around the world to be stuck in a mediocre town (That goes for Geelong as well), when you have one of the worlds most exciting cities on your doorstop. I see your 'Good' observations when you got here was that you could by a 42 inch tele cheap! my 'Good 'observations in the first 3 months was: the amazing architecture old and new mixed together, the overwhelming restaurants and diversity of them, how cosmoplotin Melbourne is, how diverse the each suburb is and also the positivity of the place and how Melburnians love there city and the shear number of things you can do. And I dont live in South Yarra or Winsdor. My point is thats why I moved here to experience what Melbourne has to offer and live it, If I wanted to live in a mediocre town cos it has a school a supermarket and a park close by I could have stayed in the UK. Many people come out here and moan about the drinking water and not being able to get creature comforts back home and try to recreate there lifestyle that they were desperate to get away from. Try experiencing somthing new!

its a case of different strokes for different folks,we have been here 18 months and 19k east of the city, personally we wish we had moved and settled alot further out, we are not city people by a long shot!!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:25 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that it's working out so far for you Lee.
I hope the positive continue to outweigh the negatives for you, job security is a worry I'm sure many people face I just hope you get some soon.
your area of melbourne sounds nice, I shall be visiting Melbourne in Oct and may see you then

take care mate and I hope you enjoy living in Aus
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:53 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
I hope the positive continue to outweigh the negatives for you, job security is a worry I'm sure many people face I just hope you get some soon.
your area of melbourne sounds nice, I shall be visiting Melbourne in Oct and may see you then

I liked the update too.

....PS always free for drinks.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:07 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painter man
Good update Lee,totaly honest & straight to the point.
Best of luck to you & your

Mark.
hiya Mark !

hows the Aussie thing coming along? Hope all is ok your end

best wishes mate

Lee
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:09 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher

Hiya Ash

Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:03 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Nice update dude.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:49 am
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
hiya Mark !

hows the Aussie thing coming along? Hope all is ok your end

best wishes mate

Lee
Hi Lee,
Things are coming along slowly but now at last have a pretty sticker in passport.
Just got to sell house now:curse: the markets as dead as a dodo.
Give it time dude it will be right in the end and now you have got your v8 you can go out hooning, sporting a natty check shirt and cut off denim shorts

Best wishes to you & yours

Mark.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:28 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by painter man
Hi Lee,
Things are coming along slowly but now at last have a pretty sticker in passport.
Just got to sell house now:curse: the markets as dead as a dodo.
Give it time dude it will be right in the end and now you have got your v8 you can go out hooning, sporting a natty check shirt and cut off denim shorts

Best wishes to you & yours

Mark.
oooo painters got his visa painters got his visa !!!

congratulations.....and it hardly cost you a bean

if you need any advise dont ask me...i havent got a clue wot i'm doin'

Lee
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:29 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by Hutch
Nice update dude.
ta Hutch

I must admit i do like to read your blog every now and again...a good read ...anyone else who's interested in Hutch's blog just click on his link !

Lee :-)

Last edited by stuckinblighty; Sep 1st 2008 at 7:35 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:21 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

nice update hun, could say very similar things about adelaide too, have a good one !!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Farrens will become famous soon enough

Hi ya,

Me the wife and kids moved to Oz in July 08, and have just moved into a house in PAKENHAM. So far we love it!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:02 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by Farrens
Hi ya,

Me the wife and kids moved to Oz in July 08, and have just moved into a house in PAKENHAM. So far we love it!!!!
there seems to be lots of poms around here
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Good one Lee Onwards and upwards
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyAnne

Hi Lee,

Yes, you are right. Pakenham has become very popular, but only in the last couple of years with the nice new estates being built and new shopping areas etc. I beleive my "opinion" was probably based on the reputation that Pakenham once had a few years back and has now risen above, indeed in particular it has become very popular with recently arrived Brits.
I think this is fairly accurate. Years back, Paky did not have the reputation that Berwick had/has - if it ever did(!) and prices reflect that. The town centre is a bit rundown.

But it's part of the SE growth corridor and close to Gippsland and 1 hr by train to the CBD- less if you get the Vline (country train) and the new infrastructure reflects that. There's talk of the fire station getting permanent staff etc although vols there refuse to man the new station nearer Officer shared by SES and Vicpol. Real country Victoria lies within reach.

Part of the charm of the SE is some serious money side by side with bogans...that's my story and I'm sticking to it..

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Sep 6th 2008 at 1:38 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.