Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast - One Month In

Gold Coast - One Month In

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:37 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast - One Month In

Originally Posted by curly
Great post and sounds like you're settling in well K

see you in the morning X

Couldn't have settled in so well without my brummy/black country girls

Oh and I should add on here that Curly also lent us some loungers and gave us a single mattress as we had absolutely no furniture to sit on when we got in our rental so that was a great help

See you in the morning, are we walking? Oops sorry, keep doing that tonight I'm the off topic queen - send me a pm
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear from you clipps

I was wondering how you were getting on!
Great to hear about the quick job find
What made you decide on Maudsland? We've looked at that area too, some areas seem to be far too expensive on gold coast now - particularly south gold coast!

We are finally coming over on 10th March (2 night stop over singapore and arrive 13th)
I think we're experiencing the stress and hell you went through now can't wait till it's gone!

Anyway, keep us up to date!
and hopefully we'll pick some sun up on the way and bring it over

Sam xx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:46 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Great to hear from you clipps

I was wondering how you were getting on!
Great to hear about the quick job find
What made you decide on Maudsland? We've looked at that area too, some areas seem to be far too expensive on gold coast now - particularly south gold coast!

We are finally coming over on 10th March (2 night stop over singapore and arrive 13th)
I think we're experiencing the stress and hell you went through now can't wait till it's gone!

Anyway, keep us up to date!
and hopefully we'll pick some sun up on the way and bring it over

Sam xx
Hellooo have been wondering how you were getting on

I don't envy you the stress but honestly it seems such a long time ago now that I was like that

No idea why we chose Maudsland, just saw a rental and liked it We needed to get in quick and this one was vacant and within walking distance of the new school which meant we only need one car initially
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:41 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that you are settling in well
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by penky
Great to hear that you are settling in well
Thanks chick
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

glad to read your all settled, definetly is a very laid back attitude here but one that is easy to get in to, more relaxed here than i have ever been although agree with you when you need a rental urgently, we had to wait a week before a viewing for ours.

Enjoy your journey.

Sarah
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by sarah-jayne
glad to read your all settled, definetly is a very laid back attitude here but one that is easy to get in to, more relaxed here than i have ever been although agree with you when you need a rental urgently, we had to wait a week before a viewing for ours.

Enjoy your journey.

Sarah
Thank you

Yes I had to really push to get a viewing. Most I phoned just said they'd call me back and never did. I was quite sure I wanted this one though so I pushed it and got a viewing the same day. That happened twice actually, another one I liked I pushed and got a viewing the same day after I explained I needed to be in like now!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Thank you

Yes I had to really push to get a viewing. Most I phoned just said they'd call me back and never did. I was quite sure I wanted this one though so I pushed it and got a viewing the same day. That happened twice actually, another one I liked I pushed and got a viewing the same day after I explained I needed to be in like now!

Yep no sense of urgency here, we are still on the books for a rental from one company who never came back at all thats been since october good job i wasnt relying on them. shame about your car we brought a second hand one to panicking as we only had a week left on hire car. Turned out to be the biggest heap of junk ever still you live and learn traded it in the end after it broke down once i had no confidence in driving it again.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:48 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

sounds good mate
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by sarah-jayne
Yep no sense of urgency here, we are still on the books for a rental from one company who never came back at all thats been since october good job i wasnt relying on them. shame about your car we brought a second hand one to panicking as we only had a week left on hire car. Turned out to be the biggest heap of junk ever still you live and learn traded it in the end after it broke down once i had no confidence in driving it again.
Lol, yup sounds like our car
Originally Posted by Possums
sounds good mate
Yip yip
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:55 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Yip yip
oh nooo your talking the lingo already
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Possums
oh nooo your talking the lingo already
yip, too easy
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

DARRENG487 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Gold Coast - One Month In

HI, REALLY ENJOYED READING YOUR POST. I THINK IT WILL HELP US WHEN WE ARRIVE.I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD EXPLAIN ABOUT THE LICENCE NEEDED. MY HUSBAND IS A JOINER AND MY ELDEST SON WILL HAVE FINISHED HIS CARPENTRY AND JOINERY APPRENTICESHIP FOR WHEN WE FINALLY ARRIVE. CHEERS TRACY
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippy
Hellooo have been wondering how you were getting on

I don't envy you the stress but honestly it seems such a long time ago now that I was like that

No idea why we chose Maudsland, just saw a rental and liked it We needed to get in quick and this one was vacant and within walking distance of the new school which meant we only need one car initially
5 weeks and counting!
It's getting a bit mad though all our friends and family want to see us at the weekend, so we're almost fully booked up until we leave. It's made us realise that some people really do like us

Did it feel really hot when you first arrived from the UK or was it not too bad?
What else have you been up to?

come on tell us more!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:00 pm
(^v^)

Originally Posted by DARRENG487
HI, REALLY ENJOYED READING YOUR POST. I THINK IT WILL HELP US WHEN WE ARRIVE.I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD EXPLAIN ABOUT THE LICENCE NEEDED. MY HUSBAND IS A JOINER AND MY ELDEST SON WILL HAVE FINISHED HIS CARPENTRY AND JOINERY APPRENTICESHIP FOR WHEN WE FINALLY ARRIVE. CHEERS TRACY
Hi Tracy have a look at this link

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...or-4411-01.htm

it gives you info for all states as you dont need a licence in some

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.