British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Gold Coast - One Month In (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/gold-coast-one-month-511139/)

asher Feb 7th 2008 11:04 pm

Re: Gold Coast - One Month In

Hi babe
good post glad things are working out well for you :thumbsup:

Clippy Feb 7th 2008 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by marvinc (Post 5903797)
Just realisied it's Clippies too :) Lovely update, best wishes :thumbsup:

Yay it's me, had a name change :D How's it going?

Originally Posted by asher (Post 5903823)
Hi babe
good post glad things are working out well for you :thumbsup:

Thanks lovely :wub:

mands Feb 8th 2008 7:57 am

Its good to hear you have settled down so quick...:thumbsup:

lets hope i manage to.:unsure:

Clippy Feb 8th 2008 10:55 am

Originally Posted by mands (Post 5905850)
Its good to hear you have settled down so quick...:thumbsup:

lets hope i manage to.:unsure:

Sure you'll be fine Mands :) x

chippy Feb 14th 2008 5:21 am

I didn't bother getting a licence for the first 2.5 years....it annoyed me too much that I had to jump through so many hoops. I mean, a management course for Gods sake! That's on top of providing proof of quals, and checkable references (ie uk phone contacts etc), and then going to the college for the theory test and a practcal test, and someone coming to site to see my work.

Anyway, in the time that I've been running my little business I've only ever had two clients ask me about my licence.

Actually I may be looking to take on a chippy to work with me and quite frankly I'd rather take on a fellow Brit, so if there's anyone out there let me know.

jutang Feb 14th 2008 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by chippy (Post 5932983)
I didn't bother getting a licence for the first 2.5 years....it annoyed me too much that I had to jump through so many hoops. I mean, a management course for Gods sake! That's on top of providing proof of quals, and checkable references (ie uk phone contacts etc), and then going to the college for the theory test and a practcal test, and someone coming to site to see my work.

Anyway, in the time that I've been running my little business I've only ever had two clients ask me about my licence.

Actually I may be looking to take on a chippy to work with me and quite frankly I'd rather take on a fellow Brit, so if there's anyone out there let me know.

Hi,

We are coming back to the GC in July, although my OH who is a carpenter is an Australian , but im British!!
Anyways no worries if you are more happy giving a job to another British person. OH has to get all his quals certified when we get back , if he is working for the construction industry its all free, so fingers crossed!
Glad your business is going well!!! :thumbsup:
There is loads of carpentry work on the GC nad Brissie at mo - so good trade to have!! :thumbsup:

jutang Feb 14th 2008 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by jutang (Post 5935760)
Hi,

We are coming back to the GC in July, although my OH who is a carpenter is an Australian , but im British!!
Anyways no worries if you are more happy giving a job to another British person. OH has to get all his quals certified when we get back , if he is working for the construction industry its all free, so fingers crossed!
Glad your business is going well!!! :thumbsup:
There is loads of carpentry work on the GC nad Brissie at mo - so good trade to have!! :thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone!! :thumbsup:

Sheff_Sparky Feb 18th 2008 5:58 pm

YAY!

so happy for you, it was all worth it in the end!

i really hope you stay as happy as you are now for a very long time to come.

xxxx

Clippy Feb 18th 2008 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 5952322)
YAY!

so happy for you, it was all worth it in the end!

i really hope you stay as happy as you are now for a very long time to come.

xxxx

Thanks H, so do I :) xxx