Four years in Adelaide

Old Oct 21st 2013, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four years in Adelaide

Great to hear it is all going well for you Vash.The time has flown.Can't believe how green the grass is in the American photos.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:26 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
This week we celebrate the fourth anniversary of our arrival in Adelaide and the eighth anniversary of our wedding.

We've now spent four years each in the UK and Australia. The time has simply rocketed past.

Awwww. Congrats Mr & Mrs Vash (and not forgetting Mini Vash)

Great pics too

Last edited by rasen78; Oct 21st 2013 at 10:33 am.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 11:35 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Your updates rock mate

The garden looks great, every year you're making it more like home and I love the sculptures in the park too
Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Four years in Adelaide

Thanks guys.

Currently on holiday in the country with limited internet access, but I'll be back in a few days to post some more updates.

Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:44 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Currently on holiday in the country with limited internet access, but I'll be back in a few days to post some more updates.

and enjoy the break mate.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 11:06 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you are having a good life
Old Oct 24th 2013, 9:53 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Returned home from the country today. It was supposed to be just the two of us—our annual anniversary getaway!—but since my mother was unable to babysit, we had to bring the kids.

Fortunately I'd hired a cottage which caters for six, so our anniversary break became our first proper family holiday. I can honestly say we all loved it.

A typical morning started like this:

Old Oct 24th 2013, 9:55 am

Returned home from the country today. It was supposed to be just the two of us—our annual anniversary getaway!—but since my mother was unable to babysit, we had to bring the kids.

Fortunately I'd hired a cottage which caters for six, so our anniversary break became our first proper family holiday. I can honestly say we all loved it.

A typical morning started like this:

http://sporkboy.smugmug.com/Holidays...20Retro-XL.jpg

Yum - you weren't on a diet then
Old Oct 24th 2013, 9:58 am
Fighting my corner

We stayed at River Walk Cottage in Auburn (SA). Built in 1840, it has been lovingly restored.

Old Oct 24th 2013, 10:20 am
Fighting my corner

Firewood is provided in a big chest on the verandah:

There's another one in the lounge:

The living room/dining/kitchen still has its original Mintaro slate floor...

...and a cast iron wood-fuelled cooker:

Fortunately modern appliances are also available:

Old Oct 24th 2013, 10:46 am
Fighting my corner

The pantry is stocked with basic essentials:

I was pleased to see that the owners' definition of 'essentials' includes a carafe of port:

They also provide a free bottle of wine (Taylor's), three days' worth of butter, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, and bread, 2 litres of milk, and a bottle of orange juice.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 10:50 am
Fighting my corner

Both bedrooms are very comfortable. They have queen sized beds, bedside tables, and wardrobes. The main bedroom also has a dresser:

We had a thunderstorm on the first night, so I used the fan to stop the air getting muggy. Fortunately the next two nights were beautifully cold, so I packed it away in the wardrobe.

The bathroom is compact but tasteful:

It contains a loo, shower, vanity, and heated towel rail.

A classy hall stand is nearby:

The cottage has a washer, dryer, dishwasher, iron, and vacuum cleaner.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 10:59 am
Fighting my corner

The property has a well maintained garden:

We even saw some rabbits while we were there!

Old Oct 24th 2013, 11:11 am
Fighting my corner

Mrs Stampede was proud of my firemaking efforts:

The pups were a little more casual in their appreciation...

But after a shower on a cold night, they soon saw the benefits:

Old Oct 24th 2013, 11:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

It looks really nice - how do you book it/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.