British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Four and a bit years in (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/four-bit-years-833020/)

TakenThePlunge May 5th 2014 8:44 am

Four and a bit years in

Still hanging in here, sick of renting but still can't afford to buy - having to wing it home every year to sort out another family crisis really makes it hard to save.

I'm a grandad now for those who haven't been following along, although she's in the UK we keep great contact via Skype - I don't know how we'd have coped without it.

On the social front, we've really started to get involved. We belong to a local bush walking club and go walking most weekends. We're also in a local theatre group. so I get the chance to play with the sound and lights every so often. I do consider getting on the boards, but apparently there's not much call for Taggart soundalikes at the moment.

Our date has come through for the citizenship ceremony, so we take the pledge on the 27th May.

So it hasn't been plain sailing, but if I look back on it I'm glad we made the move overall.

old.sparkles May 5th 2014 9:24 am

Re: Four and a bit years in

Originally Posted by TakenThePlunge (Post 11246244)
Still hanging in here, sick of renting but still can't afford to buy - having to wing it home every year to sort out another family crisis really makes it hard to save.

I'm a grandad now for those who haven't been following along, although she's in the UK we keep great contact via Skype - I don't know how we'd have coped without it.

On the social front, we've really started to get involved. We belong to a local bush walking club and go walking most weekends. We're also in a local theatre group. so I get the chance to play with the sound and lights every so often. I do consider getting on the boards, but apparently there's not much call for Taggart soundalikes at the moment.

Our date has come through for the citizenship ceremony, so we take the pledge on the 27th May.

So it hasn't been plain sailing, but if I look back on it I'm glad we made the move overall.

Glad things are working out :)

muditha May 26th 2014 5:25 am

Happy for you

Rhubarb65 May 27th 2014 11:15 am

we take the pledge on the 27th May.

Congratulations on achieving citizenship.

TakenThePlunge May 27th 2014 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Rhubarb65 (Post 11277288)
Congratulations on achieving citizenship.

Thanks, we listened to the dignitaries, took the pledge, sang the anthem, got the obligatory photos taken, then made like true blues and went to the pub.

paulry May 27th 2014 1:13 pm

Congratulations James! :thumbsup:

carolinephillips Jun 2nd 2014 10:35 pm

Congrats on citizenship!:thumbup: