Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

First year in Wollongong

First year in Wollongong

Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First year in Wollongong

And boy has it shot by, loved pretty much every minute of it, and made some great friends along the way

Have now resigned from my current job, and due to start new one in a couple of weeks, looking forward to it immensely as it's what I'm trained to do plus I love doing it. It's not limited to Australia either, I got Asia Pacific in my job title, how good is that!?! Moved house just before Crimbo while Mum and Dad were here, now in a better place by far.

Year 2 update is just around the corner if this year anything to go by, take care all

Steve
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: First year in Wollongong

Originally Posted by stevenglish
And boy has it shot by, loved pretty much every minute of it, and made some great friends along the way

Have now resigned from my current job, and due to start new one in a couple of weeks, looking forward to it immensely as it's what I'm trained to do plus I love doing it. It's not limited to Australia either, I got Asia Pacific in my job title, how good is that!?! Moved house just before Crimbo while Mum and Dad were here, now in a better place by far.

Year 2 update is just around the corner if this year anything to go by, take care all

Steve
Where abouts are you Steve if you don't mind me asking.

We're planning on moving but I can't decide on which area
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

No worries, we're in figtree, west of Wollongong and I have to say it's a beautiful area, not as hectic as Sydney and close to some great beaches and parks. You get far more for your money than Sydney too

Steve
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

No worries, we're in figtree, west of Wollongong and I have to say it's a beautiful area, not as hectic as Sydney and close to some great beaches and parks. You get far more for your money than Sydney too

Steve
Can you get broadband there now......when I was there a colleague lived in Figgy and could not get it.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Can you get broadband there now......when I was there a colleague lived in Figgy and could not get it.
Strange you should say that, I'm having right problems with my connection at the mo, will let you know whether or not it's a sus modem as they tell me
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:44 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, my brother and family just moved to Figtree about two weeks ago so we'll be there in September! Is it a heck of a schlepp into Sydney? Once we move we'll probably be staying with them for the first bit and commuting into the city.

thanks!

Tx
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RedT
Funny, my brother and family just moved to Figtree about two weeks ago so we'll be there in September! Is it a heck of a schlepp into Sydney? Once we move we'll probably be staying with them for the first bit and commuting into the city.

thanks!

Tx
Blimy, aint it a small world. How are they enjoying it so-far? Figtree is a lovely area, they're gonna love it.

I'll PM you my mobile number to give to your bruv, tell him to gimme a ring and we'll get together if he likes. 2 hours by train to Sydney, not too bad but the seats on the new trains kill my arse
Old Feb 19th 2009, 7:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

2 hours by train to Sydney, not too bad but the seats on the new trains kill my arse
Same here - not surprised they're vandal-proof, they could probably survive a thermo-nuclear cooking.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
Same here - not surprised they're vandal-proof, they could probably survive a thermo-nuclear cooking.
You're not wrong there, my heart fills with joy when I see one of the old trains with bits hanging off approaching