First weeks in Cairns

Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:24 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Can't believe it..what a shame..was looking forward to meeting you!!
Bit colder in Taz compard to Cairns..sure snakes wouldn't have been a problem unless you lived up in hills near Rainforest etc....good luck and keep us posted. Was it better than the job offer in Cairns?
Lizx
Hi Liz,
Yeah sorry we won't get to meet in person now
Job offer was very similar in Tas......but slightly less pay, which we expected.
Beth x x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi Liz,
Yeah sorry we won't get to meet in person now
Job offer was very similar in Tas......but slightly less pay, which we expected.
Beth x x
Good luck to you both. My meds have been with LCU for 2 weeks now and it is driving me mad as have seen property I want to rent on Trinity Beach and its available 2nd week in April (when I plan to be there)..I could put 3 months rent down now..and pets are allowed, and its not brand new so bit bigger garden and more private..oh, I am getting frustrated now! It would be perfect for 6-12 months before we buy..we don't need a palace whilst renting..just want to be near beach for puppy walking and love the cafes along trinity beachfront..
Keep in touch..
Lizx
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:29 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you both. My meds have been with LCU for 2 weeks now and it is driving me mad as have seen property I want to rent on Trinity Beach and its available 2nd week in April (when I plan to be there)..I could put 3 months rent down now..and pets are allowed, and its not brand new so bit bigger garden and more private..oh, I am getting frustrated now! It would be perfect for 6-12 months before we buy..we don't need a palace whilst renting..just want to be near beach for puppy walking and love the cafes along trinity beachfront..
Keep in touch..
Lizx
Will do
Hope everything works out for you both
Beth x x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.......bit of news for you.........we won't be coming to Cairns now.
Going to Tas instead, got a fab job offer there.
Too many snake stories recently in the paper............plus Rich worried us a bit with CEC company slowing things down work wise.
Beth x x
Wow! You really like to keep on the rollercoaster don't you!
I am really sorry that we won't get to meet you too but really wish you well in Tas. When are you hoping to leave?

Keep in touch..
Lizx
Can't be much longer now Liz. I have a good feeling for this week now that my police checks have finally arrived from the Virgin Islands so will keep my fingers crossed for you & have sent you some karma to hurry things along!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Wow! You really like to keep on the rollercoaster don't you!
I am really sorry that we won't get to meet you too but really wish you well in Tas. When are you hoping to leave?

Can't be much longer now Liz. I have a good feeling for this week now that my police checks have finally arrived from the Virgin Islands so will keep my fingers crossed for you & have sent you some karma to hurry things along!
Good luck, are you heading for cairns?? tell me more about the Virgin islands..my friend sold her house and two cars and her and her fella bought a yacht and sailed to B.V.I and set up a charter business there..I eventually lost touch with her and assume she has moved on elsewhere..shame as it was somewhere I always wanted to visit. Hope to meet you if you are going out to Cairns.
Liz
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:32 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Hi all.......bit of news for you.........we won't be coming to Cairns now.
Going to Tas instead, got a fab job offer there.
Too many snake stories recently in the paper............plus Rich worried us a bit with CEC company slowing things down work wise.
Beth x x

Beth,
Watch out Tasmania have monster snakes too, look what happened to a family on a camping trip:
http://www.revver.com/video/136472/vicious-snake-bite/

Good luck with the move.

BS
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, are you heading for cairns?? tell me more about the Virgin islands..my friend sold her house and two cars and her and her fella bought a yacht and sailed to B.V.I and set up a charter business there..I eventually lost touch with her and assume she has moved on elsewhere..shame as it was somewhere I always wanted to visit. Hope to meet you if you are going out to Cairns.
Liz
We are hoping to aim for cairns Liz but will have to see where I am offered a job! If & when the visa comes, I will start applying to QLD health etc (nurse)

We lived in the BVI from 2000-2002. When were your friends there? Would be funny if we knew of them but we didn't mix with a lot of the charter people although my OH worked for the main supermarket & they did a lot of yacht provisioning. It is a beautiful place, very safe. Unfortunately the education & health care were seriously lacking & it was not for us long term but a great experience
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Beth,
Watch out Tasmania have monster snakes too, look what happened to a family on a camping trip:

Good luck with the move.

BS
Even Brisbane is trying to get in on the cat & snake act.....
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...2-3102,00.html
The ante has been upped with an injury.

WW
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Beth,

Good luck with the move.

BS
What I don't understand is why the damn snake couldn't come back & finish the job, eat the girl & stop all that woosie screaming!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have just read that Beth has had complete change of heart & no longer making the move After all that they have been through to get to this point , seems quite incredible really
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:11 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

WW

I used to live near Bridgeman Downs!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:12 pm
Professional Dreamer!

What I don't understand is why the damn snake couldn't come back & finish the job, eat the girl & stop all that woosie screaming!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:14 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Have just read that Beth has had complete change of heart & no longer making the move After all that they have been through to get to this point , seems quite incredible really
Hope they decide to validate their visas!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

WW
Looks like a quality film..must remember to put that on my playlist..NOT!!!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are hoping to aim for cairns Liz but will have to see where I am offered a job! If & when the visa comes, I will start applying to QLD health etc (nurse)

We lived in the BVI from 2000-2002. When were your friends there? Would be funny if we knew of them but we didn't mix with a lot of the charter people although my OH worked for the main supermarket & they did a lot of yacht provisioning. It is a beautiful place, very safe. Unfortunately the education & health care were seriously lacking & it was not for us long term but a great experience

They first moved out there in about 1996 but I lost touch in abou 99/200...Penny and Colin Moors.
Lizx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.