First weeks in Cairns

Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:45 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh yes you do

It's where every time you buy a round they toss a coin to see if you pay or not. If you're lucky you get peed for nowt
its been such an enchanting evening. there has been a slight patter of rain drops against the tin roof. very soothing whilst sitting in the hammock reading gods auto biography drinking a glass of the finest australian merlot. i struggle to remember when life was not this harmonious. as the clouds briefly pass the stars appear. they were never this bright in newcastle. oh, how i love cairns. everyone should come hear and embrace life.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:47 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
its been such an enchanting evening. there has been a slight patter of rain drops against the tin roof. very soothing whilst sitting in the hammock reading gods auto biography drinking a glass of the finest australian merlot. i struggle to remember when life was not this harmonious. as the clouds briefly pass the stars appear. they were never this bright in newcastle. oh, how i love cairns. everyone should come hear and embrace life.
Still too many pills I see
Beth x x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Merlot & self medicated happy pills dont mix

WW
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:51 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Merlot & self medicated happy pills dont mix

WW
Reckon Rich has turned into Gazza
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:51 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

You can't get better than a sarcastic geordie.... xx

(cant remember seeing many stars in Newcastle, the bright lights drown them all out)
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:06 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Reckon Rich has turned into Gazza
you complement me mr bix. hes a genius. one of the greatest ever to play the game. shame he is thick as f$%k. but seriously, hes probably done a lot more in life than most. just like when georgy was in a hotel room with miss world surrounded with fifty pound notes and the journo said " where did it all go wrong"? all this aside, cairns is fantastic. although it has rained continuosly for the previous couple of days its like the water has injected a lifeblood into everything. i swear i can hear the plants growing.the dams are over the top and our future is secured for yet another year. vote KB. its all because of him.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:11 pm
youngy73

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Still too many pills I see
Beth x x
im currently on the up. im sure i will plateau then come back down to earth with a bang. just like columbia or was it challenger. the first one in 80s something anyway. its like ive found another dimesion. i like it. thankyou trip.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
ha ha, yeh..you are right. Don't know why I bothered replying! Hey, guess what? Had an e mail from case officer today saying as soon as she gets my meds from LCU she will finalise the visa application straight away..and that she has put it to the top of her list. It is worth hassling people sometimes!
Lizx
Congrats on this great bit of news Liz! That must be a real boost!

How did you e-mail your CO? I have tried but had no response Would like to know if everything ok or not so far but also think I just need to be patient & not hassle her/him
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Rich......think you need to get some happy pills from the doctor mate........can't remember the last time you wrote something positive
Beth x x
I was just thinking the very same thing!

cairns is fantastic. everybody come here because it really doesnt get any better than this. life is just so wonderful. the birds are singing, the trees are green and and the sky is blue. i had a swim in my pool today and had a few beers whilst i digested the seafood feast my darling wife lovingly prepared. just the other day whilst strolling along the golden sands of palm cove i had to pinch myself as surely life cannot be this good. the sun was setting and not a ripple in the water. just then, a pod of dolphins swam past. aahhh.
Now that's more like it! I feel much more secure now!

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
oi you lot........play nicely on my thread please.....this is a place of peace and tranquility

It has crossed my mind a few times just how much your thread has been hijacked by us all! I hope you don't mind too much!
How is the job going btw? Are you finding many differences between there & UK?

im currently on the up. im sure i will plateau then come back down to earth with a bang. just like columbia or was it challenger. the first one in 80s something anyway. its like ive found another dimesion. i like it. thankyou trip.

Well, I hope it is soon as I am starting to feel quite unnerved by this rush of poetic sarcasm!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:12 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

You missed the snake eats cute family pet and small children could be next story ....

Forget the sharks & crocs threat.

I can see the next movie "Fang" with a slithering sound effect instead of the Jaws one.

Just wait until the bush pigs invade suburbia story breaks.

WW

OMG
Haven't decided between Cairns or Brisbane but looking for jobs in Cairns first. Looks like life can be very interesting up there!
BS
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big Sky
OMG
Haven't decided between Cairns or Brisbane but looking for jobs in Cairns first. Looks like life can be very interesting up there!
BS
Brisbane can be just as exciting!
Will there be traffic delays this morning &/or tonight?
Will it be 1,2 or 3 hours long?
Will I get a seat on the train?
Should I be daring and drive to the CBD?
Will I get my feet wet disembarking from QV?

Gotta love having an edge to it!

WW
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:05 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Brisbane can be just as exciting!
Will there be traffic delays this morning &/or tonight?
Will it be 1,2 or 3 hours long?
Will I get a seat on the train?
Should I be daring and drive to the CBD?
Will I get my feet wet disembarking from QV?

Gotta love having an edge to it!

WW
Morning WW,
Had a trip back to Brisbane last year and did notice the traffic! Heard lots of reports of the infrastructure not being able to keep up with the expanding population growth. This is one of the reasons we fancy Cairns. Currently live in large city and have a long commute each day and don't want to repeat it in Oz!
Traffic or monster snakes?:
Decisions, Decisions!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning WW,
Had a trip back to Brisbane last year and did notice the traffic! Heard lots of reports of the infrastructure not being able to keep up with the expanding population growth. This is one of the reasons we fancy Cairns. Currently live in large city and have a long commute each day and don't want to repeat it in Oz!
Traffic or monster snakes?:
Decisions, Decisions!
Monster snakes every time!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:57 am
youngy73

OMG
BS
you really should consider cairns. no better place on earth and thats why we call it home.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Monster snakes every time!
I agree.

Just need a snake big enough to take on a teenager...

WW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.