First weeks in Cairns

Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
OMG.......Had an email from CEC.....THEY ARE GOING TO FORMALLY OFFER MY HUBBY A JOB!!!!!!!!
We have to email his passport, driving licence and visa approval to them first.....then wait for the formal offer
Only sent them his CV a week ago........had the interview 2 days later......and now this!!!!
Really hope they don't want us out there within a month as we still haven't sold our house. Will let you know when he starts when we get the job offer email.
Thanks for all of your support!!!
Beth x x
Congrataltions Beth hope the job works out for him.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:05 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

looks like you should be a member of the village people

"YMCA, its fun to stay at the YMCA"
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Bix, you need to update your suburb list to include Palm Cove & Smithfield in the no-go zones.

WW

From Cairns Post http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

CAIRNS drivers and petty criminals have built up $16.5 million in unpaid fines, giving the Far North one of the worst records for paying fines in the state.

Figures obtained exclusively by The Cairns Post reveal that residents from Gordonvale to Ellis Beach have racked up 78,062 unpaid fines.

The infringements have been referred to the State Penalties Enforcement Registry.

The fine dodgers were surveyed by the Department of Justice and Attorney-General, covering seven postcodes taking in Gordonvale, White Rock, Edmonton, Cairns, Smithfield, Palm Cove and Kuranda.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:14 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Bix, you need to update your suburb list to include Palm Cove & Smithfield in the no-go zones.

WW

From Cairns Post http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

CAIRNS drivers and petty criminals have built up $16.5 million in unpaid fines, giving the Far North one of the worst records for paying fines in the state.

Figures obtained exclusively by The Cairns Post reveal that residents from Gordonvale to Ellis Beach have racked up 78,062 unpaid fines.

The infringements have been referred to the State Penalties Enforcement Registry.

The fine dodgers were surveyed by the Department of Justice and Attorney-General, covering seven postcodes taking in Gordonvale, White Rock, Edmonton, Cairns, Smithfield, Palm Cove and Kuranda.
Ah yes.
The missus told me about that.
It seems the word "fine" was misinterpreted and they were all waiting to receive a cheque in the post

She also told me about a couple of geezers who had their licence revoked and promptly left the court, jumped into their cars and drove off.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:18 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

All happening my end today!!!! Friend just turned up with a fresh roll for us both for lunch.....then my sister rings to say her and my mum are on their way up
Friend leaves as she knows I want to spend some time with my sister before she flies to Oz on Monday...........I'm trying to have a quick tidy up before they arrive!!!
My mum will be depressed now when I tell her hubby got the job and we're just waiting for a start date. Will be losing both daughters and grandchildren soon.
Put my name on the party list.........make sure you have some loud rock music on!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

First day of the dreaded new school over and all quiet on the western front shes even packed her bag for tomorrow Im not the worst mother ever dragging her kids to the back of beyond and making her go to a school aswell.I cried all morning thinking I was evil. I might be able to settle in cairns now hope tomorrow goes ok too.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sophjam
First day of the dreaded new school over and all quiet on the western front shes even packed her bag for tomorrow Im not the worst mother ever dragging her kids to the back of beyond and making her go to a school aswell.I cried all morning thinking I was evil. I might be able to settle in cairns now hope tomorrow goes ok too.
Sorry Bix and Gill thanks for the lovely welcome to cairns the other night you are gems.xx Trudi
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Don't fret too much Trudi.
I have noticed that Australian schools seem to develop the individual personality and character of the children far more.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:44 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Sorry Bix and Gill thanks for the lovely welcome to cairns the other night you are gems.xx Trudi
Our pleasure

It was lovely hearing that Durham accent and I hope we helped you chill for a while cos the first few weeks are very stressful.

BTW the goods are now ready anytime you want.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Ah yes.
The missus told me about that.
It seems the word "fine" was misinterpreted and they were all waiting to receive a cheque in the post

She also told me about a couple of geezers who had their licence revoked and promptly left the court, jumped into their cars and drove off.
Howelse would you get to Palm Cove, Kuranda or Edmonton?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
OMG.......Had an email from CEC.....THEY ARE GOING TO FORMALLY OFFER MY HUBBY A JOB!!!!!!!!
We have to email his passport, driving licence and visa approval to them first.....then wait for the formal offer
Only sent them his CV a week ago........had the interview 2 days later......and now this!!!!
Really hope they don't want us out there within a month as we still haven't sold our house. Will let you know when he starts when we get the job offer email.
Thanks for all of your support!!!
Beth x x

Hiya beth,
Liz here. CONGRATULATIONS
I bet you can't believe it. that has to be some sort of record for getting a job offer through so quick. bet they will want himn out there quite quick. You may have to rent like we are going to ...or just he go out there first until you sell. Mind you, with the housing market that could be who knows how long!!
I bet you are so made up..get the bubbly out. I have just been told all my visa docs are in order, been asked to register with the Podiatrists Board of Queensland and get my meds done asap. they are booked for the 06th feb..shitting it!!
Am so pleased for you. Thanks for your PM's.
Lizx
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Glad their first day went well Trudi
Lizx
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:13 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
..shitting it!!
Didn't have to do that for our meds
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
Didn't have to do that for our meds
:rofl
Ha ha...they may get more than they bargained for with me then!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:38 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trudi, how are you feeling is it all you hoped it would be. Hope tomorrow goes well to what school did you decide on?

Bix i hope we all get this lovely welcome Trudi is talking about

Kaye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.