Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

First trip back after 10 months.......

First trip back after 10 months.......

Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:28 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First trip back after 10 months.......

Originally Posted by king kong
now yer getting the idea .
I have never said anything different.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:30 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I have been back in UK since April. I am that depressed i sold all my gold and spent it on the new internet bingo websites.
I am now considering throwing myself off the white cliffs of Dover, especially now its heading for winter, which will mean spending too much time indoors in front of the fire, contemplating christmas with all my grandchildren and the huge family gathering that will ensue. How will i cope i ask myself?
Enjoy that family gathering tend to dread it myself, fighting over who is doing what, who can't be bothered to get off ther fat butts and help do anything?

I'll be thinking of you not!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:47 pm
Banned

DumbFalang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ponyrama
It is interesting though that one of the first questions people have asked me is 'So when are you coming back for good then?' and when you say you're not they then lose interest in anything you've got to say beyond that. Very strange!
Whenever I return to the UK for short visits, I find if you can't talk about how much your house has gone up in value, then people get bored of you pretty quickly and leave you alone. I've not been for over 18 months, so maybe things are different eh ?

Just more confirmation that the decision I made to live life for me was the right one!
It was the right one. Unfortunately, you will probably find yourself questioning that decision a few more times yet. Hope you stick with it
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:57 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DumbFalang
Whenever I return to the UK for short visits, I find if you can't talk about how much your house has gone up in value, then people get bored of you pretty quickly and leave you alone. I've not been for over 18 months, so maybe things are different eh ?
Yeh - now they are talking about how much equity you have lost since the recession started!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:13 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh - now they are talking about how much equity you have lost since the recession started!
lol ,i can imagine . They will be saying '' this terraced house in an average suburban street in barnsley was worth 580000 pound in 2006 , now its worth 80000'' , these poor people have lost half a million quid . They will then turn round and say to mr and mrs posthlewaite and say ''how do you feel about losing half a million ?''
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Why you and your ilk can't give those whose opinion differs from your own the same courtesy is beyond me. It seems you have all adopted quite quickly that nasty, sorry I mean sarcastic, british sense of humour we all hear so much about.
oh you never change....
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DumbFalang

It was the right one. Unfortunately, you will probably find yourself questioning that decision a few more times yet. Hope you stick with it
Why can't you accept she is happy and leave her alone, I think you must all be jealous.

Glad your Dads on the mend Pony, safe journey back
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

well we all have to have a little dig at times i guess , but i do find the sugary sweet australia is the nuts and we dont want to listen to anyones opinions attitudes of GODZ OWN ,rather annoying .
It reminds me of an american tv show in there , ''oh yes it great '' oh please let me lick your balls today .oh no its my turn i insist lickey lickey .
There is however far more anti aus stuff in mbttuk than there is anti uk stuff in the "godzone" The Barbie seems fairly tolerant by comparison...
Old Oct 25th 2009, 3:44 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
There is however far more anti aus stuff in mbttuk than there is anti uk stuff in the "godzone" The Barbie seems fairly tolerant by comparison...
At the end of the day it doesnt matter , GODZ OWN SQUAD shouldnt need to read what is in here after all they are super content and overly joyed at living in the best country in the world , why the hell would they want to mix it up with us miserable gits UNLESS ofcourse they arent quite so secure in the knowledge they are going to spend everyday in a country where you barely move anymore than 10 sq miles from one month to the next .
Old Oct 25th 2009, 4:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day it doesnt matter , GODZ OWN SQUAD shouldnt need to read what is in here after all they are super content and overly joyed at living in the best country in the world , why the hell would they want to mix it up with us miserable gits UNLESS ofcourse they arent quite so secure in the knowledge they are going to spend everyday in a country where you barely move anymore than 10 sq miles from one month to the next .
This is the update forum though and someones update has been pulled apart because the views expressed don't match up to some quaint chocolate box view of the UK.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 5:41 am
poole ,dorset . love it

This is the update forum though and someones update has been pulled apart because the views expressed don't match up to some quaint chocolate box view of the UK.
oh diddums , the wrong opinion . its not the first time its happened on either side .It deserves pulling apart , how long out of the uk ermm 10 months or something . Barely time to scratch ones backside and mow the lawn i reckon. Do an update 5 years in apart from this drivel ,i just got off the plane and now its home and the uk is buggered rubbish . utter tosh in my opinion , sorry you dont like it .tough .

Last edited by king kong; Oct 25th 2009 at 5:46 am.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 6:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

oh diddums , the wrong opinion . its not the first time its happened on either side .It deserves pulling apart , how long out of the uk ermm 10 months or something . Barely time to scratch ones backside and mow the lawn i reckon. Do an update 5 years in apart from this drivel ,i just got off the plane and now its home and the uk is buggered rubbish . utter tosh in my opinion , sorry you dont like it .tough .
If that is what she observed who are any of us to argue with it.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 6:28 am
poole ,dorset . love it

If that is what she observed who are any of us to argue with it.
no arguements here , just opinions .
Old Oct 25th 2009, 8:30 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

If you go by that argument then why are you looking on this forum .......oh yes thats right it`s a free country isn`t it. I`ve never had a problem with the UK, was perfectly happy there, just as I am in Oz but I resent the sneering, bitchy catty comments about how stupid everyone must be to like it here. Some people around here are like dogs rolling in cow shit, they love wallowing in their own opinions that because Oz wasn`t for them anyone who likes it is boring, small minded, stupid or any of the above.
The OP did state that she found it depressing in UK but also stated that it could have had something to do with spending a lot of time at the hospital.Australia is not for everyone, if you tried it and it didn`t work fair play to you, but the superiority complex of some people does my head in - stating "oh wait til you`ve been here longer than 5 minutes" doesn`t cut it - it doesn`t matter how long you`ve been here or even that you might move on in 2 yrs time, what matters is whether you feel comfortable with yourself and your life right now - after all you never know when something will happen to shake your tree .
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:07 am
poole ,dorset . love it

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
If you go by that argument then why are you looking on this forum .......oh yes thats right it`s a free country isn`t it. I`ve never had a problem with the UK, was perfectly happy there, just as I am in Oz but I resent the sneering, bitchy catty comments about how stupid everyone must be to like it here. Some people around here are like dogs rolling in cow shit, they love wallowing in their own opinions that because Oz wasn`t for them anyone who likes it is boring, small minded, stupid or any of the above.
The OP did state that she found it depressing in UK but also stated that it could have had something to do with spending a lot of time at the hospital.Australia is not for everyone, if you tried it and it didn`t work fair play to you, but the superiority complex of some people does my head in - stating "oh wait til you`ve been here longer than 5 minutes" doesn`t cut it - it doesn`t matter how long you`ve been here or even that you might move on in 2 yrs time, what matters is whether you feel comfortable with yourself and your life right now - after all you never know when something will happen to shake your tree .
you havent got to tell me how wonderful life here is in perth especially , i been here 20 years . thats why im out of here .
the small minded bitching , sniping etc will be here long after you have gone and certainly after i have , its human nature .
Apart from that im happy and secure with my decision to return , i guess a bit more secure than some who have migrated here and pretend its wonderful , and i know for sure they are amongst the GODZ OWN .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.