Reload this Page >

First Month in Melbourne

First Month in Melbourne

Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

prospective_immigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Month in Melbourne

Reached on 23-10-2010. at midnight it was almost 3:00 am

stayed at a caravan park in Laverton for a week and than got a single room appartment in Glenroy in a weeks time. The appartment is good for a starting purpose and people and saying that you are lucky enough to get a rental place so early after arriving. its very near to the railway station and other facilities like supermarket, schools and hospital

I have got my centerlink registration, medicare cards, ATM, Tax file No. etc etc.

My daughter has started going to school and my son has been registered for the april 2011 session as he will turn 4 in march 2011.

But the most important thing that i have still not got a job. i have be looking around through different sources, seek.com, the centerlink has registered us with a employement agency where we can use the internet, phone and fax for free.

the weather of melbourne is very strange. as they say for it. you can expirence all four seasons in a single day, thats very true.

will keep updating about job and other stuff
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Month in Melbourne

Originally Posted by prospective_immigrant

stayed at a caravan park in Laverton for a week and than got a single room appartment in Glenroy in a weeks time. The appartment is good for a starting purpose and people and saying that you are lucky enough to get a rental place so early after arriving. its very near to the railway station and other facilities like supermarket, schools and hospital

I have got my centerlink registration, medicare cards, ATM, Tax file No. etc etc.

My daughter has started going to school and my son has been registered for the april 2011 session as he will turn 4 in march 2011.

But the most important thing that i have still not got a job. i have be looking around through different sources, seek.com, the centerlink has registered us with a employement agency where we can use the internet, phone and fax for free.

the weather of melbourne is very strange. as they say for it. you can expirence all four seasons in a single day, thats very true.

I know Glenroy really well. Should be a good place to start, but move away from It's not that bad, probably slightly better than Laverton purely on the basis that it's a lot closer in. One thing you've really got going for you. Your probably well situated for finding work. If you cant find work someone in the Northern Burbs or the City then you will probably have trouble finding work anywhere. Try the Kebab place on the Corner of Glenroy and Pascoe Vale Rd... not bad at all The Fish and Chip shop in Wheatsheaf rd is really good as is the Chinese a bit further up Wheatsheaf. I actually started off in Glenroy as my first Melbourne address a bit further along Pascoe Vale rd, in Meaker Avenue.. really close to Oak Park Station... albeit 30 years ago. Best of luck.

What kind of work are you after ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 29th 2010 at 4:09 am.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bro, best of luck for your newly started life in Oz. I am also planning to come to Melbourne in Jan or feb 2011. Keep us updated about your job serach and stuff.
Thanks.

Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck on the job front
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

I am an IT Professional (IT Audit and Information Security) as my key areas.

As for odd jobs go, any thing will work
Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:22 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: First Month in Melbourne

I am an IT Professional (IT Audit and Information Security) as my key areas.

As for odd jobs go, any thing will work
Can you send me your CV? I'll see if there's anything going at my place.

BB
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

whats your email address
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:43 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: First Month in Melbourne

whats your email address
You can email me through my profile.

BB