Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

First 6 months in Gold Coast blog

First 6 months in Gold Coast blog

Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

stevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nice
Default First 6 months in Gold Coast blog

Hello all,
I thought you might like to read my wifes blog. She updates it every week or so and it has been a good way for us to keep a diary of this crazy period.
It is mostly pics and for our family benefit but it might be useful for some of you.
We moved from UK in April and we have already bought a house, so it has been all go.
Enjoy,
Regards,
Steve and Helen

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ndID=195329798
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First 6 months in Gold Coast blog

Fantastic pictures, glad everything is working out for you
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

brilliant photos - looks fantastic - and how funny that your wife works with Andrew Winter of "Selling Houses" fame!! Didnt realise he had gone to Aus what with being a big TV star in the UK!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

well what can I say apart from FANTASTIC keep the pics coming and such a great read, good to see you have both settled may you continue to enjoy
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Just spent what seems like for ever scrolling thru your blog - what fabulous pictures. You seem to fit right in over there, hope all goes well with your new home. to the future.

Lynn xx
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Such lovely photos!

Great blog.

Wonderful story!

Good luck in your new life!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

stevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nice

Originally Posted by RachelH
brilliant photos - looks fantastic - and how funny that your wife works with Andrew Winter of "Selling Houses" fame!! Didnt realise he had gone to Aus what with being a big TV star in the UK!
Wow, thank you all for your kind comments.
Alot of the early pics are missing because my wife accidentally deleted them from photobucket, but she is loading them back up slowly but surely.

Andrew winter is quite a character. He is great fun.
He is based in GC but travels around, still doing his TV programmes in various countries. My wife started working in his office.
I would recommend it as a job when you first arrive, it helped us identify the right area for us and we got all the inside info on the housing market.

As Helen adds to her blog, the above link might not work, so I will update if it needs it. I believe she intends to carry on and we have some good adventures planned, so keep watching!

Thanks again,
Steve.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:36 am
Just Joined

choccybicciebribe will become famous soon enough

Thanks so much for posting up the details of your wife's blog and all of the photos.
It is really nice to see such great sunny pictures. You must have used a really good camera as the pictures are excellent. I love the pictures of the brightly coloured birds, it must be so different to watch them instead of the usual british birds. Your photo's brought back so many lovely memories of my time in Australia and I can't wait to go back again!
Enjoy your lives out there it looks like you are having a great time!!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great Oh and by the way, you're not in Bournemouth anymore
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Looks great Oh and by the way, you're not in Bournemouth anymore
Ha ha, Thanks moneypen. Profile updated.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevo
Hello all,
I thought you might like to read my wifes blog. She updates it every week or so and it has been a good way for us to keep a diary of this crazy period.
It is mostly pics and for our family benefit but it might be useful for some of you.
We moved from UK in April and we have already bought a house, so it has been all go.
Enjoy,
Regards,
Steve and Helen

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ndID=195329798

Hi Steve and Helen!

Thanks for sharing your blog with us - it's fantastic

We are heading for the gold coast when we sell our house here in the uk and it was great to see all the piccies of the wildlife that comes so close to you!

You're very handy with a camera too!

Keep them coming

Sam
Old Sep 29th 2007, 9:24 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys
i`m really enjoying reading your blog

thanks for sharing your experiances

regards steve
Old Sep 30th 2007, 5:00 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

FAB pics, thank you for taking the time to share them with us. cant wait for our reccie trip nov

good luck with all the future adventures
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Absolutley fabulous photo's. My partner and I are heading to the Gold Coast next June and she is going to study in Coolangatta (all being well), so a huge thankyou for giving us an insite into The Gold Coast and surrounding area's.

Bushy.