British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Finally got PR whoop whoop!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/finally-got-pr-whoop-whoop-801602/)

mandyp Jul 1st 2013 7:05 am

Finally got PR whoop whoop!!!!

I'm not on here very much anymore, just wanted to update that we finally got PR today!!!

Arrived to the Gold Coast in November 2007 on a student visa so its been a long n tricky road to get to today. Thankfully it's worked out n next stop citizenship ;-)

Cheers
Mandy

old.sparkles Jul 1st 2013 7:06 am

Re: Finally got PR whoop whoop!!!!

Congratulations :) :thumbsup:

Alfresco Jul 1st 2013 7:50 am

Awesome news Mandy. Congratulations. :thumbup:

Sue Jul 1st 2013 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mandyp (Post 10779599)
I'm not on here very much anymore, just wanted to update that we finally got PR today!!!

Arrived to the Gold Coast in November 2007 on a student visa so its been a long n tricky road to get to today. Thankfully it's worked out n next stop citizenship ;-)

Cheers
Mandy

Congratulations!!!

carolinephillips Jul 2nd 2013 3:24 am

Congratulations -hope the path to citizenship is a smooth and relatively short one.:fingerscrossed:

werty1 Jul 30th 2013 2:43 am

Yay Im not on here much either anymore but we came out the same time as you on student visa also and we also got our pr 9 days after you!!!!
It has been the hardest thing we have ever done and I would not recommend a student visa to anyone unless they are single and have a never ending bank account!!!
so happy its such a relief!!!

tomar Jul 30th 2013 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by werty1 (Post 10825781)
Yay Im not on here much either anymore but we came out the same time as you on student visa also and we also got our pr 9 days after you!!!!
It has been the hardest thing we have ever done and I would not recommend a student visa to anyone unless they are single and have a never ending bank account!!!
so happy its such a relief!!!

great news, it only took 6 and a half years for my son!!!! applied for citizenship last month, final long awaited step.

Bradburns Aug 18th 2013 9:54 pm

Congratulations Mandy! We also went to Aus on a student visa ( just after you in 2008) I remember some the names that have commented on your post too. Well done to you and all the others that braved the student visa and all it's limitations to finally get PR. we gave it a go but decided we'd rather come back and do what we originally intended to do, which was me get my nursing degree and hopefully come back once qualified. Once again well done x

mango4 Aug 20th 2013 10:46 am

Woohoo!! I remember you too, we also came out in 2007 on student visa, took 5 years for PR, now in citizenship queue .......nobody can appreciate how tough it is on a student visa until you've done it eh!! Congrats on the visa :)

tomar Aug 22nd 2013 12:03 am

Lovely to hear how some of the ex student visa posters have got on. It wasn't an easy journey, ok that's an understatement, but well done to those who stuck it out, and also to those who tried their best, but decided to return to UK, not an easy decision after the time and money spent here.
Good luck where ever you ended up.

Matcha Aug 27th 2013 5:58 am

Congrats. I've had mine 4 years now but still remember the awesome feeling. Well done and good luck!