Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

My husband says Guinness is so good in Ireland because the water comes from the Liffey

Seriously good stuff but we drink it in winter..........I had green Guinness on St Paddy's day in Sydney once

Originally Posted by Leedelta
The Guinness question

It is the aftertaste that we have in Ireland. It is slightly bitter and heavy.It is not in any other country that Guinness is brewed in (although I heard good things about Nigeria).

I think it is to do with the water in Dublin.

For example the Aussie Guinness (brewed outside Sydney I think) tasted like water to me (as in I drank it as fast as a pint of water say 20 mins). A good pint of Guinness here in Ireland would survive about 40 minutes as it is a slow heavy drink.

I read about a brewer in Ballarat who chemically broke down whats in Irish water and replicated it. He made a stout that won lots of awards!!

Actually i am fond of Coopers extra stout.

I don't like Aussie chocolate (long life milk). I choked on a Cherry Ripe the first time I ate one, but I love Tim Tams

Actually I prefer the taste of UK Dairy Milk to the Irish one.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 10:21 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also missing a gold old cup of scottish tea - the water here makes a cup of tea taste disgusting and then there's the fact that it's just too hot to drink it here anyway, but i still miss a nice cuppa
Old Feb 12th 2009, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Feeling upset, a bit crap and now feel like iam on my own.

will love and leave this thread now take care all of you bye x
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Oh god iam such a prat, i went to the shops today to buy some stuff to do a romantic dinner, and left the shopping there DOH
and i made a spelling mistake on Nicks card, so feel like a right wally
Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:52 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Suzy

Sorry you couldnt make the mummys meet yesterday. We are a real friendly bunch. I have just found this post and thought I would say Hi, I am around if you ever fancy a coffee and a chat. PM me if you fancy catchin up. I am northside about 25mins east from the gap. I go to a playgroup your way on a monday. Not sure if you have kids not yet in school but its a friendly group.

Next mummys meet is a week friday so hope you can make that.

I moved here last Aug 32wks pregnant, I have done it all once before only Melbourne last time and was like you I was very homesick too which didnt help and this time was determined to get myself out there before I had my little man as once he came on the scene I knew I would be less likely to put myself out and get a social life.

I must admit second time round it is easier for me but I am busy with the kids which keeps me occupied all week.

Anyway will stop going on and get in touch if you fancy catchin up

Jo
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:04 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzyt
Oh god iam such a prat, i went to the shops today to buy some stuff to do a romantic dinner, and left the shopping there DOH
and i made a spelling mistake on Nicks card, so feel like a right wally
Did you get the shopping back?
Old May 1st 2009, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future

hello havent been on here for a month , this nice thread seems to have slowed down ,wonder why.

Hope your all good

regards

watford
Old May 1st 2009, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by watford
hello havent been on here for a month , this nice thread seems to have slowed down ,wonder why.

Hope your all good

regards

watford
Hello watford how ya bin? How did your husbands party go???
Old May 1st 2009, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Hiya I'm good.

The party was a huge sucsess he had no idea.
I wouldnt do it again the stress was tooooooo much hehe but it was a great night and he loved it even though he'd said long before he didnt want a party or do anything special.

How are you now have you settled in more?

regards
watford
Old May 1st 2009, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by watford
Hiya I'm good.

The party was a huge sucsess he had no idea.
I wouldnt do it again the stress was tooooooo much hehe but it was a great night and he loved it even though he'd said long before he didnt want a party or do anything special.

How are you now have you settled in more?

regards
watford
Hiya, a wee bit, though i still want to go home just moved into our new house, needs a full make over - and more, new doors etc, new tiles on floor, but we'll get there. Hopefully the recession won't kick in too bad, if i want to go home we need to sell!

Glad the party went well, but as you say, these things are always stressful.
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

bigtdevon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzyt
Morning to you all. I know that this post is going to make me sound very weak and pathetic but hey. Well after being relocated to Brisbane in Oct we lived on Toowong for just over a month whilst we found our house and we are now living in The Gap. These first few months have been great we have done loads of bits and peices as you do because its all excitng and new. The thing is my mum has gone home now, Nicks at work and school starts up again today. My house feels so empty and i know that once i have done the school run its going to be even quiter. I have tried to tell myself oh its going to be great i will nip to the shops and have the radio on might have a swim and have some real time for me, the time i havent had in years but this dosent seem to feel enough. I know that i sound stupid, but has anyone else felt like this. I know that you have to put your self out there and make friends i do speak to all the regular faces but i still feel lonely. I think Nick is in a diff place to me as he dosent have the same relationship with his family that i do, he has also made a very good friend at work. Nick is worried that iam going to plunged myself into putting a downer on things and keep getting upset, but i know this sounds thick again i didnt expect to feel so on my own so soon. I sound so selfish i have got a great husband and great kids a fab house. Do these feeling pass, is this just the normal coming down from all the hype that has been going on. xx
i felt the same as you why dont you get your self a job or join a group i did and i made many new freinds