Cathnpauls update 2009

Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cathnpauls update 2009

hi lynn, an advert has just closed for a job and my branch vacancies have litterally just been filled. keep an eye on the westpac website, or do the personal thing and ask speak to the managers when you drop in your resume, let them actually know who you are x whats your background anyway?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
hi lynn, an advert has just closed for a job and my branch vacancies have litterally just been filled. keep an eye on the westpac website, or do the personal thing and ask speak to the managers when you drop in your resume, let them actually know who you are x whats your background anyway?

Thanks for your reply. my background is 19 years civil service, no banking but I have worked in a department that dealt with money on huge scales. I am a fast learner so will do as you suggest and drop my resumé off. My daughter is going to open an account with Westpac this week.

Lynn xx
Old May 15th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Well after reading my mates update (Mrs JFW) I can only follow her sentiments really... bit of background for everyone:

We, being myself, Paul and only 2 of our 3 kids, came out in June07 and found finding somewhere to live in the area we wanted quite difficult, but after a couple of months we did and moved into a lovely rental for 12 months.

I got a job whereby I was chauffered around (yep chauffered! can you imagine how that felt, I felt damned bloomin important I can tell ya) and gave financial advice to people on buying a home. I left there after 6months and went to work for a bank. Not having done retail banking before it was a little scary, but now I totally love it and have done well over my 13months with them.

Paul went into Real Estate and sold some amazing houses, a total change from working at Royal Mail for 20yrs as you can imagine. He was lapping it up. Recently the housing market has slowed as we know and the houses are taking longer to sell. He has decided to go into helping building the sodding things and works on building sites as a labourer..damned hard work but worth it.

Mid son, has finished year 12 and has decided to take a gap year or might not go back at all yet into education, he isnt sure, but he is working and now drives which means i dont see my car anymore!!

Youngest son, he is at school and smiles all the time, growing up fast..he has bouts of missing the UK friends and family still, but we deal with them times as they happen.

Both lads have had some amazing opportunities, including mid son going to Fiji for schoolies and running into the sea in uniform on the last day of school, wake boarding, fishing, camping, you name it our lads have done it. All with the sun shining on them and big smiles.

Our biggest thing has been our eldest has now joined us a fortnight ago. Boy do we feel complete now. He is still on a temp visa though, but when he finishes his course he will be able to apply for PR...he had missed us too much and needed to get here. He landed on a friday, got his driving licence, medicare, bank accounts etc sorted on the Monday, got a job on the Tuesday which he started on the Wednesday, joined a fire spinning group which meets on the beach weekly and has only just started to slow down!! yep it feels like it was all in one big breath. haha

But my family is complete, we bought a house in June 08, which we are doing up to sell on next year, but basically everything is hunky dorey as they say. Had its ups and downs, but overall we have achieved our dreams and smile everyday for what we have x x
This post gave me a warm glow. Lovely.
Old May 16th 2009, 3:46 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent update.

It seems yonks ago that we were all waiting for our visas.

I remember you waiting for yours Cath, ours got granted in Sept 2007.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:06 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to read your update mate - didn't you do well!!

I'll be doing my one year in in the US before I know it!!!! Never imagined that would happen eh?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 1:35 pm
Rocko since Feb 07

markrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nice

Well after reading my mates update (Mrs JFW) I can only follow her sentiments really... bit of background for everyone:

We, being myself, Paul and only 2 of our 3 kids, came out in June07 and found finding somewhere to live in the area we wanted quite difficult, but after a couple of months we did and moved into a lovely rental for 12 months.

I got a job whereby I was chauffered around (yep chauffered! can you imagine how that felt, I felt damned bloomin important I can tell ya) and gave financial advice to people on buying a home. I left there after 6months and went to work for a bank. Not having done retail banking before it was a little scary, but now I totally love it and have done well over my 13months with them.

Paul went into Real Estate and sold some amazing houses, a total change from working at Royal Mail for 20yrs as you can imagine. He was lapping it up. Recently the housing market has slowed as we know and the houses are taking longer to sell. He has decided to go into helping building the sodding things and works on building sites as a labourer..damned hard work but worth it.

Mid son, has finished year 12 and has decided to take a gap year or might not go back at all yet into education, he isnt sure, but he is working and now drives which means i dont see my car anymore!!

Youngest son, he is at school and smiles all the time, growing up fast..he has bouts of missing the UK friends and family still, but we deal with them times as they happen.

Both lads have had some amazing opportunities, including mid son going to Fiji for schoolies and running into the sea in uniform on the last day of school, wake boarding, fishing, camping, you name it our lads have done it. All with the sun shining on them and big smiles.

Our biggest thing has been our eldest has now joined us a fortnight ago. Boy do we feel complete now. He is still on a temp visa though, but when he finishes his course he will be able to apply for PR...he had missed us too much and needed to get here. He landed on a friday, got his driving licence, medicare, bank accounts etc sorted on the Monday, got a job on the Tuesday which he started on the Wednesday, joined a fire spinning group which meets on the beach weekly and has only just started to slow down!! yep it feels like it was all in one big breath. haha

But my family is complete, we bought a house in June 08, which we are doing up to sell on next year, but basically everything is hunky dorey as they say. Had its ups and downs, but overall we have achieved our dreams and smile everyday for what we have x x

Well done. I remember when we were both waiting to get the visa's and that was the longest wait in history. We are now taking citizenship pledge on 2nd November. If I remember right you applied for the same visa (139) We live in Rockingham, WA. Where did you settle?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - nice one! Glad to hear your family's all together again - I bet that feels good

One day we hope to be on more solid ground but til then glad to be here in Oz rather than back in gloom 'n' doom Ireland

cheers
annie aka shears
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:59 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

That's great to read Cath. So pleased everything has turned out well for you all

You sound really settled in Oz

Thanks for the PM
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

jo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the rough

Glad to hear everything is going well chick!

Jo x
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo n craig
Glad to hear everything is going well chick!

Jo x
It certainly is!! I heard your on your way out too at long last!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by markrj
Well done. I remember when we were both waiting to get the visa's and that was the longest wait in history. We are now taking citizenship pledge on 2nd November. If I remember right you applied for the same visa (139) We live in Rockingham, WA. Where did you settle?
we settled in Mountain Creek on the Sunshine Coast, I sooo remember the looong wait only too well. Give us another couple of weeks and we are getting under way with our citizenship stuff.

Still your best move??? x
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

jo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the rough

It certainly is!! I heard your on your way out too at long last!
How long has it taken???? We land 20th Aug!!!
We're really looking forward to it... hey if you fancy a catch up @ Mooloolaba surf club give us a shout!

x x x
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jo n craig
How long has it taken???? We land 20th Aug!!!
We're really looking forward to it... hey if you fancy a catch up @ Mooloolaba surf club give us a shout!

x x x
sounds bloomin good to me Jo!!

It feels like forever for you to get here. But Im sooo telling you it will be worth the wait. Are you shipping stuff over??
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Haha! It is nearly 2 years ago since we first met up with you in oz!!!
Yep we've got everything in storage with the shippers gonna give them the go ahead to ship for in about 2 weeks time.
It's certainly been a long time coming chick!
will pm you!
x x x