Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Bye Bye Oz - Hello USA for Weasy and co

Bye Bye Oz - Hello USA for Weasy and co

Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:43 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bye Bye Oz - Hello USA for Weasy and co

For those of you that remember us..... Well, after 17 months here I am sorry to announce that we are moving on. Hubby has been offered a great job that we would be crazy to turn down and it’s in Salt Lake City, USA.

We must be amongst the luckiest migrants alive. Chaz landed his job 2 weeks after arrival, we loved the place from the start, got the best exchange rate in the last few years, bought a lovely home, made great friends – many of whom we’ll remain friends with. However, we feel that this is the path we are meant to take. If we hadn’t come to Adelaide then Chaz wouldn’t have got this job and the company wouldn’t have then offered him a big promotion and relocation package.

I am very sad to leave, I love living in the Adelaide Hills. We are aware, however, that Chaz is at the top of his field in Adelaide so we can’t turn this down. We do have 3 1/2 years left on our PR visas to come back if it doesn’t work out though so all is not lost for us and Australia.

We have had a very full life here. Lots of lovely barbies, camping in Aldinga and then the Flinders Ranges (where we also did 4 wheel driving) – never camped in the UK. Took up body boarding, got a dog (she’s going too – not sure how happy she’ll be about snow! She’s only got little legs). Had trips to Sydney and Melbourne. Seen whales, cuddled koalas, had our own koalas in our garden, watched the amazing bird life in our garden. We’ve had the best social life we’ve had since having kids.

I’ll miss friends firstly, the beach, the birds, the views as I drive ‘down the hill’ the eucalyptus smells and just the whole community here in the Hills. I have just loved it and this is why I don’t like it when posters are very negative about the place. I understand that this is their experience but I always want to let potential migrants know that the move can be amazing. I’m not saying we’ve had no problems along the way, we have, but nothing that couldn’t have happened anywhere. The only thing I will concede to the negative lot is that Adelaide may not be the place to be for a great career path, depending on your area of work.

On the plus side is that there are whole new adventures ahead of us and the States are nearer to the UK so it will be cheaper to visit (too much snow though). The UK is definitely off the radar for us (at the moment, never say never) but I do hope to come back to Oz eventually (visas allowing).

I will, of course, not be able to resist still checking in on here though I guess that will fade after a while if we settle there as much as we have here.

So it's bye for now guys and I wish you all well on your journeys.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye Bye Oz - Hello USA for Weasy and co

What a lovely post
Congrats to your husband on a great promotion & good luck to all of you on your move to the States
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:19 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to you on your new adventure!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

blueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really nice

Originally Posted by Weasy
For those of you that remember us..... Well, after 17 months here I am sorry to announce that we are moving on. Hubby has been offered a great job that we would be crazy to turn down and it’s in Salt Lake City, USA.

We must be amongst the luckiest migrants alive. Chaz landed his job 2 weeks after arrival, we loved the place from the start, got the best exchange rate in the last few years, bought a lovely home, made great friends – many of whom we’ll remain friends with. However, we feel that this is the path we are meant to take. If we hadn’t come to Adelaide then Chaz wouldn’t have got this job and the company wouldn’t have then offered him a big promotion and relocation package.

I am very sad to leave, I love living in the Adelaide Hills. We are aware, however, that Chaz is at the top of his field in Adelaide so we can’t turn this down. We do have 3 1/2 years left on our PR visas to come back if it doesn’t work out though so all is not lost for us and Australia.

We have had a very full life here. Lots of lovely barbies, camping in Aldinga and then the Flinders Ranges (where we also did 4 wheel driving) – never camped in the UK. Took up body boarding, got a dog (she’s going too – not sure how happy she’ll be about snow! She’s only got little legs). Had trips to Sydney and Melbourne. Seen whales, cuddled koalas, had our own koalas in our garden, watched the amazing bird life in our garden. We’ve had the best social life we’ve had since having kids.

I’ll miss friends firstly, the beach, the birds, the views as I drive ‘down the hill’ the eucalyptus smells and just the whole community here in the Hills. I have just loved it and this is why I don’t like it when posters are very negative about the place. I understand that this is their experience but I always want to let potential migrants know that the move can be amazing. I’m not saying we’ve had no problems along the way, we have, but nothing that couldn’t have happened anywhere. The only thing I will concede to the negative lot is that Adelaide may not be the place to be for a great career path, depending on your area of work.

On the plus side is that there are whole new adventures ahead of us and the States are nearer to the UK so it will be cheaper to visit (too much snow though). The UK is definitely off the radar for us (at the moment, never say never) but I do hope to come back to Oz eventually (visas allowing).

I will, of course, not be able to resist still checking in on here though I guess that will fade after a while if we settle there as much as we have here.

hi
best of luck to you.
scott
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon over to the US boards - we want to see you there more often
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Well it sounds as if you have had a wonderful time, what a positive post. What an opportunity you have been given you are right little globe trotters. Good luck to you in your new venture.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:47 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you'll see me over there a bit as this process gathers momentum

Thanks all - it is exciting, scary, exhausting (at the thought of emigrating twice in 2 years) but when we decided to emigrate from the UK we did it because we wanted an adventure, to break out of the same old same old and boy oh boy have we done that.

Cheers everyone

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
C'mon over to the US boards - we want to see you there more often
Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:50 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you'll see me over there a bit as this process gathers momentum

Thanks all - it is exciting, scary, exhausting (at the thought of emigrating twice in 2 years) but when we decided to emigrate from the UK we did it because we wanted an adventure, to break out of the same old same old and boy oh boy have we done that.

Cheers everyone

Lou
xx
OMG Lou that's amazing. These opportunities just can't be ignored so I really hope it all works out well for you guys.

Gill
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Claire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really nice

Hi Weasy, remember you from the Adelaide brits site....best of luck on your new adventure....really exciting!!!!!!!!!!
Claire
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Hey i remember you, you gave me so much support in my long wait for my visa. Now I get to wish you all the luck in the world have fun and dont forget to let us know you arrived ok.

Take care

Sarah xx
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What a great post, Lou. Utah is absolutely gorgeous with lots of outdoor stuff you can do. Hope you are very happy in your new lives back in the Northern Hemisphere.
All the best.
Dorothy
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Lou

What fantastic news I'm sure you'll embrace your new life in the USA as easily as you have in Aus.
Good luck and I wish you well
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

boredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really nice

Well done you
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by boredbrit
Well done you
Great post Lou, hope your all as happy there as you have been in Oz. Nottingham feels so long ago now, great to hear your update.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:46 am
Look at moi!!!

OMG you're right Caz, Nottingham is a distant place now - I hardly ever think of the place and if we were to move back to the uK ever then it definitely wouldn't be Nottingham (not that I ever intend going back to UK....)

How are you guys getting on?

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Great post Lou, hope your all as happy there as you have been in Oz. Nottingham feels so long ago now, great to hear your update.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.