Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Bore da! to all you welsh people

Bore da! to all you welsh people

Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:33 am
Just Joined

sarahgav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bore da! to all you welsh people

bore da, its lovely reading all your messages. I am a newcomer to brisbane from wales, my partner and I had emigrated to redcliffe area, arrived on 19 sept 2007. I managed to get a hr job within the first month didn't like it so got another one, it is going alright. Gavin my fiance is a carpenter he has also had two jobs since being here. The culture is taking a bit of getting used to, but I am sure we will get there. We are over here to stay permanently and we have both agreed to stick this out for a year to see if it is both what we really want. we both want to be here and make a go of it. We want to start a family over here as the education at home has a lot to be desired.

I get days where I feel home sick and miss my family. I am hoping that my sister, brother in law, niece and nephew will be out for a holiday this christmas.

Anyway will keep in touch, have you been surfing or bodyboarding yet? I have and I always get sucked under the enormous waves! ha!

Hope to speak to anyone of you soon take care x
Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all
Default Re: Bore da! to all you welsh people

Originally Posted by sarahgav
bore da, its lovely reading all your messages. I am a newcomer to brisbane from wales, my partner and I had emigrated to redcliffe area, arrived on 19 sept 2007. I managed to get a hr job within the first month didn't like it so got another one, it is going alright. Gavin my fiance is a carpenter he has also had two jobs since being here. The culture is taking a bit of getting used to, but I am sure we will get there. We are over here to stay permanently and we have both agreed to stick this out for a year to see if it is both what we really want. we both want to be here and make a go of it. We want to start a family over here as the education at home has a lot to be desired.

I get days where I feel home sick and miss my family. I am hoping that my sister, brother in law, niece and nephew will be out for a holiday this christmas.

Anyway will keep in touch, have you been surfing or bodyboarding yet? I have and I always get sucked under the enormous waves! ha!

Hi Sarah & Gavin

Keep them posts coming we are coming over soon to brisbane, from wales as well.

angiek
Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah,
It is early days & you have a great attitude & it will get easier as you build up a network of new friends. Unfortunately that takes time.
You sound as though you are both giving it a good crack so best of luck!
I'm not Welsh so hope you don't mind that I answered!
SC
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sarah

Im not only Welsh but Sarah too!!!

We arrived last sunday (13th jan) and are based on Main beach at the mo. We have come as the boys have been accepted to the queensland academies so we have signed up for at least 3 years!!

Hope crimbo went well by the way.....
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future

Hi Sarahgav, it's Prynhawn Da as I'm reading this. You'e post say you get homesick. I still suffer from hiraeth and come Thursday we will have been here for 6 years.

We're up on the wet sunny Coast,
Cheers, Kevin
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:21 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sarahgav

Hi Chick,

Im from wales and my OH is Aussie, we are in Swansea @ the mo , but are hoping to be on the Gold Coast, QLD by July. My OH is a carpenter too!! Dont let the home sickness get you down - you are living the dream!! Hugs
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:54 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hi
sarah and gav

as you can see we are from wales too. we are hoping to be on the SC in june. it seems you are settling into the oz'y lifestyle ver well.
best of luck
bec
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Bore da! to all you welsh people

maen byrw glaw i think thats how you saw it. We are also from Wales - Trecastle near Sennybridge.We are filling in the TRA at the moment, I am a plasterer - you might have guessed already.
The weather here is shit, its been pissing it down for weeks, don't worry about the things you miss, think about the things you wanted to get away from. We can't wait to get away from here, so stick at it and good luck.

Don't know you but your Welsh and you made the move so good on ya!!!

Cyriack
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Hi from a fellow welshie

We are arriving at the end of March, dont know where we want to settle yet as OH has had a few job offers from Brisbane upto Townsville.

Keep your chin up. Keep an eye out for meets in your area you may not think they will be your cup of tea but there are loads of opportunities to meet a few new friends.

And to all you people still in Wales theres one tomorrow you will all be very welcome
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...472909&page=21
Hope to see some of you there

Suexx
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

sarahgav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suesk
Hi from a fellow welshie

We are arriving at the end of March, dont know where we want to settle yet as OH has had a few job offers from Brisbane upto Townsville.

Keep your chin up. Keep an eye out for meets in your area you may not think they will be your cup of tea but there are loads of opportunities to meet a few new friends.

And to all you people still in Wales theres one tomorrow you will all be very welcome
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...472909&page=21
Hope to see some of you there

Suexx
Thanks for this sue, we are trying to arrange a meet up on sunshine coast as that is where most of the welsh are residing. Good luck with your move, it is a big move but hey you are coming over to a lovely place, sunshine and a good lifestyle. Hope is goes well, will catch up maybe when you arrive depending on where you settle. Bye for now
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:55 am
Just Joined

mattj is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear from some from other Welsh people in and around Brisbane, I'm a Carmarthen boy now in Corinda (Brisbane)...been here since April 07. Looking forward to the big game on Saturday....come on wales!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:58 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mattj
Great to hear from some from other Welsh people in and around Brisbane, I'm a Carmarthen boy now in Corinda (Brisbane)...been here since April 07. Looking forward to the big game on Saturday....come on wales!
I am from swansea, heading to the gold coast for July 08 , come on Wales!!!!! Taking my Aussie OH to town to watcg the game on saturday
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Hi sarah

Oh is a carpenter too we are hoping to be on the GC 2009, whats the jobs like out there and more so the wages?

wishing you loads of luck, hope you make friends soon.

cheryl
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

simonally is an unknown quantity at this point

hi to all ime a plasterer from newport hoping to be in brisbane with my oh by xmas so c u their
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Hello all

The North Lakes branch of the Jack Army here. Hope you're all doing well. Plenty of us welsh Northside of Brisbane. Keep the intro's coming.

Nos Da

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.