British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Belated 3 Years Update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/belated-3-years-update-683310/)

herrchook Aug 30th 2010 7:17 am

Belated 3 Years Update

One month ago, we celebrated our 3 year anniversary of arrival in Melbourne with what we felt to be appropriate - a visit to the old Gaol lol.

This has been just a fabulous year for us. We've got the girls settled into the most amazing school which they love and in which they're doing some great things academically.

We've got great friends, Mike's work is going great guns and thankfully, due to said work, we are fortunate enough to have frequent trips to visit family and friends in the UK.

On a negative point, we've missed a very close family wedding recently which was very hard for Mike, but other than that life is rosy here.

We are loving living in Melbourne but it's is looking very likely that we might be making the move to Sydney within the next year due to work commitments for Mike. Not too sure how I feel about this yet. I know I love Sydney, but we are so settled here, and don't even get me started on property prices up there lol. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the big boss decides. One thing's for sure though, we love living in Australia and can't ever see ourselves anywhere else :wub:

LINZI Aug 31st 2010 8:58 pm

Re: Belated 3 Years Update

Lovely update i feel the same i cannot see myself anywhere else :thumbsup:
congrats on the 3 years :)

Buzzy--Bee Sep 1st 2010 2:08 am

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 8812562)
One month ago, we celebrated our 3 year anniversary of arrival in Melbourne with what we felt to be appropriate - a visit to the old Gaol lol.

This has been just a fabulous year for us. We've got the girls settled into the most amazing school which they love and in which they're doing some great things academically.

We've got great friends, Mike's work is going great guns and thankfully, due to said work, we are fortunate enough to have frequent trips to visit family and friends in the UK.

On a negative point, we've missed a very close family wedding recently which was very hard for Mike, but other than that life is rosy here.

We are loving living in Melbourne but it's is looking very likely that we might be making the move to Sydney within the next year due to work commitments for Mike. Not too sure how I feel about this yet. I know I love Sydney, but we are so settled here, and don't even get me started on property prices up there lol. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the big boss decides. One thing's for sure though, we love living in Australia and can't ever see ourselves anywhere else :wub:

Fantastic - good for you! I really hope Sydney works as well for you or better - from what I've heard the difference in property prices between Sydney and Melbourne now compared to when you and I arrived is far less pronounced.

BB

Margaret3 Sep 1st 2010 3:30 am

Gill if you have to move to Sydney, you'll be fine, you have a gorgeous family and gorgeous personality and will make friends quickly.

You have the determination and optimism to settle anywhere:D

Kooky. Sep 1st 2010 3:54 am

Agreed - you've always sounded like the kind of person whose glass is always half full and you could settle anywhere.

Congrats on the 3 years, and look forward to welcoming you to Sydney :)

emma75 Sep 1st 2010 4:44 pm

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

mr luvpants Sep 3rd 2010 2:10 pm

Congratulations!

sonlymewalter Sep 4th 2010 9:59 pm

Great update mate - glad everything is working out for you and all is good in your life in Aus:thumbup:

herrchook Sep 5th 2010 2:34 am

Oh thank you so much, we're having the time of our lives living here. And Margaret and Seasider, you've made me blub :o:D

soapy© Sep 7th 2010 9:10 am

boringgggggggggggggggg, your too bloody happy too :rolleyes:

great update to read pal:thumbsup:

geordie mandy Sep 7th 2010 9:54 am

Im sure if you have to move will cope with it just as well as you did your first move.
Its good to hear things are going so well.
Mandy

soapy© Sep 7th 2010 12:46 pm

will you have to move? moving the girls might not be great if they are so settled:(

lancastrian48 Sep 7th 2010 1:05 pm

:([/QUOTE]

Congrats on progress to date.:thumbup:

A Fellow verteran to the site.