British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Been here one week alls great. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/been-here-one-week-alls-great-437318/)

frostie Mar 25th 2007 12:11 pm

Been here one week alls great.

We landed in Melbourne a week last friday.
Hired a car drove to Adelaide,booked accom on wot if .com,in Melbourne airport.
looked at a house rental on sunday.signed the contract on monday, move in wednesday,furniture arrives easter.
Went to a school open evening on wednesday,signed up on friday, daughter starts week on monday.
Hubby went to peer tec on tuesday to register,guy there said about a man looking for a man in same industry,hubby went to interview on wednesday,was offered job on thursday.job contracts came on saturday.
Slept on sunday.
NO Worries Yet. :thumbsup:

olauf Mar 25th 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Been here one week alls great.

Originally Posted by frostie (Post 4559052)
looked at a house rental on sunday.signed the contract on monday, move in wednesday,furniture arrives easter.
Went to a school open evening on wednesday,signed up on friday, daughter starts week on monday.
Hubby went to peer tec on tuesday to register,guy there said about a man looking for a man in same industry,hubby went to interview on wednesday,was offered job on thursday.job contracts came on saturday.
Slept on sunday.

That's great frostie - Plenty of luck
Are your hubby able to start work immediately as i assume it takes some days to sort out the documents you need to start anew life...
How easy was it to register your daughter at school - Did you make the arrangements prior you arrived or you just did it..
So far are you within your budget or exceeded ...

frostie Mar 25th 2007 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by olauf (Post 4559081)
That's great frostie - Plenty of luck
Are your hubby able to start work immediately as i assume it takes some days to sort out the documents you need to start anew life...
How easy was it to register your daughter at school - Did you make the arrangements prior you arrived or you just did it..
So far are you within your budget or exceeded ...

I brought all docs with me ,for the school she is r/c, so i just took her previous school reports and her holy communion, comfermation, etc inn with me paid the deposit, all excepted.
with hubby he will still sit his peer tec on a quick 36hr course, to transfer his city & Guilds.has sent off docs to TRA. He will start job after Easter.
Nothing was arranged before we came,All we new was the area we wished to settled inn before we came. On arrival when we looked in the newspaper we saw a house up for rent in that area.We dealt with the landlord direct showed him my UK mortgage statements and Bank statements, He was fine took a 6mth rental with option to renew.

mark 'n' joe Mar 25th 2007 1:53 pm

Wow, you've been busy. All the best with your new life.

Jx

louise Mar 25th 2007 2:27 pm

Slept on sunday.

Well done frostie, sounds like you been really busy but VERY productive.:thumbsup:

My kids are r/c, where school quite happy with report and communion stuff?

Anyway WELL DONE to you and long may it continue

Louise :)

GaryVFR8 Mar 25th 2007 2:43 pm

Hey sounds like a busy week for you!!!!
I'm not sure what to do when we get to Australia we will be moving in with my wifes mum(6 bedroom house).
Should I start looking for work or have a little break as I will be working right up to the day we leave in the UK.
Gary:beer: and Vikky

Nizcac Mar 25th 2007 5:25 pm

Slept on sunday.

WOW what a busy bunny you are :lol:

Is your OH a spark and where about in Adelaide are you - We are hoping to get there in about 12 months. as we have just started getting the info for TRA.

Well done for getting everything sorted so quick:thumbsup:
Niz

curly Mar 25th 2007 5:34 pm

Slept on sunday.

Well done doing all that so quick :) Hope you keep having lots of luck :thumbup:

debbieuk Mar 30th 2007 1:12 pm

Slept on sunday.

hi, we r also planning on adelaide, next year hopefully. my biggest worry was hubby getting a job, i think i will be ok (nurse).....he is a maintenance fitter with toyoda gosei in UK an di believe there is on in adelaide so hopefully he could get in with them.....

i hope we are as organised as you seem to be lol
maybe will see you there
debbie

kezzabird Mar 31st 2007 7:16 pm

Slept on sunday.

Wow thats great! I'm not sure I'll know where to start when we get there. I sure hope it all falls into place like you guys!
Good luck!:thumbsup:

mindblower Mar 31st 2007 7:31 pm

Slept on sunday.

Great progress !

All the best

evec Apr 1st 2007 7:23 pm

[Hey That all sounds fantastic!! Congrats!! My hubby & I & our daughter (6) hope to be gone to Brisbane by end June.We think we might have a sponsor, will know tomorrow, but it sounds good. Could you please tell me a little about the schools.?What time start & finish? Do the schools have after school care or club ? Are rents high? Hope I'm not being nosy!! Do the people sponsoring have to pay anything?
Best of luck with your new life!!!!
Lorraine (Ireland)

Michelle Hastings Apr 3rd 2007 4:54 pm

Slept on sunday.

Six days to go - Sydney bound. Had a cry today after receiving a poem from a friend. 'Leaving do' on Saturday - any advice on the days leading up to the big day? How were you all feeling?

Was pleased to read how well your plans have gone to-date, hope ours go the same.