Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Been here 3 months and.......

Been here 3 months and.......

Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:25 pm
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
acbh2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2,872
acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Been here 3 months and.......

Still loving it!!! Couldn't ever imagine going back to the UK

We landed on our feet pretty quickly with the OH landing a fab job thats Brisbane pay and based on the Gold coast he goes to Brisbane when he decides as being a manager its down to him, so not as much travelling for him as we originally thought which is great

The children have settled well although we have had a few teething problems finding a school that suits our eldest who is 10 but he is starting at a new school in October and we are pretty confident he will like it, as is he.

To begin with we found our selfs in little england (or pacific pines) practically everyone we have met who lives here is from the UK. Its as if there is a built in radar for us all to come here Its a nice area but not for us long term as its to far from our sons new school and we want him to be able to make his own way there.

As for me well I'm loving life here and enjoying my non working time as a full time mum in the sun. There isn't a day that passes that we don't do something interesting whether that be going to the beach, seaworld, the park, toddlers, usually with some of the other great peeps I've been lucky enough to meet. The kids are off for 2 weeks and we are busy with someone everyday tiring I konw lol. Many peeps we have met are poms or scozzies but also some true blue ozzies, I haven't met a rude person yet (Well actually I have but lifes to short, so move on thats what I say!!)

I had worried about our social lifes as we knew we wouldn't have on hand babysitters anymore, but we needn't have worried as there isn't a weekend that has passed in the last 5 or 6 where we haven't been to a barbie at someones house or had them back at ours, unless we've met at the beach instead a fair old amount of wine has been drunk and some activities including swimming fully clothed have followed

This weekend is busy with a girls night in surfers which I'm sure will keep me in my bed all day sunday, but lifes to short so better enjoy it.

Almost forgot we've bought a house woohoo well subject to contract anyway

To those who are still to make the journey I wish you all luck and hope you find the dream you are looking for.

hugs Axxxxxxx

P.S. For those of you who shop I've been to Ikea with the ladies many times since I've got here:, but usually just for a scout round, coffee and lunch, it's weird as you could be in Ikea in Edinburgh, Glasgow, or Liverpool as its identical.

Last edited by acbh2; Sep 25th 2007 at 2:09 pm. Reason: shopping info :)
acbh2 is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2007, 2:45 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
The Brooks's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: was Preston now sunny Perth
Posts: 158
The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Originally Posted by acbh2 View Post
Still loving it!!! Couldn't ever imagine going back to the UK

We landed on our feet pretty quickly with the OH landing a fab job thats Brisbane pay and based on the Gold coast he goes to Brisbane when he decides as being a manager its down to him, so not as much travelling for him as we originally thought which is great

The children have settled well although we have had a few teething problems finding a school that suits our eldest who is 10 but he is starting at a new school in October and we are pretty confident he will like it, as is he.

To begin with we found our selfs in little england (or pacific pines) practically everyone we have met who lives here is from the UK. Its as if there is a built in radar for us all to come here Its a nice area but not for us long term as its to far from our sons new school and we want him to be able to make his own way there.

As for me well I'm loving life here and enjoying my non working time as a full time mum in the sun. There isn't a day that passes that we don't do something interesting whether that be going to the beach, seaworld, the park, toddlers, usually with some of the other great peeps I've been lucky enough to meet. The kids are off for 2 weeks and we are busy with someone everyday tiring I konw lol. Many peeps we have met are poms or scozzies but also some true blue ozzies, I haven't met a rude person yet (Well actually I have but lifes to short, so move on thats what I say!!)

I had worried about our social lifes as we knew we wouldn't have on hand babysitters anymore, but we needn't have worried as there isn't a weekend that has passed in the last 5 or 6 where we haven't been to a barbie at someones house or had them back at ours, unless we've met at the beach instead a fair old amount of wine has been drunk and some activities including swimming fully clothed have followed

This weekend is busy with a girls night in surfers which I'm sure will keep me in my bed all day sunday, but lifes to short so better enjoy it.

Almost forgot we've bought a house woohoo well subject to contract anyway

To those who are still to make the journey I wish you all luck and hope you find the dream you are looking for.

hugs Axxxxxxx

P.S. For those of you who shop I've been to Ikea with the ladies many times since I've got here:, but usually just for a scout round, coffee and lunch, it's weird as you could be in Ikea in Edinburgh, Glasgow, or Liverpool as its identical.
Really pleased that you have settled so well, hope we do too in perth at the end of October.

Sam
The Brooks is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:33 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,492
brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Lovely update Andrea, great to hear that your all settling well. Congratulations on the new house and hope your wee boy settles into his new school. Counting (impatiently) down the months till we get there.

Debbie
brissydeb is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:18 pm
  #4  
 
asher's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: in the Sydney asylum
Posts: 20,690
asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Great to have your update Andrea

it sounds as though you have landed on your feet and are settling in well

Im glad you have a good school for your son where you think he will be happier

take care love

see you in the barbie
asher is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:21 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
justcantwait's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Essex to Sippy downs, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 200
justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

hi
what a lovely post glad you are settling in,i get panicky every once in a while and reading positive posts really helps
good luck for the future

anne marie xx
justcantwait is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:47 am
  #6  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
acbh2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2,872
acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Thankx Guys,

I know Oz doesn't work out for everyone, but for us it was definately the right move! Long may we continue to feel like that.

Hope all your plans work out and Oz is great for you.

Axx
acbh2 is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:30 am
  #7  
Going going.........
 
Little miss reub's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: I'll soon be gone
Posts: 1,382
Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Lovely post.
Glad you are enjoying it, hope you carry on enjoying it.
Good luck with the house
Little miss reub is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:50 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
thebaggos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Essex to Gold Coast
Posts: 48
thebaggos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Hi Andrea, glad you and your family are settling in! Just wondered which schools you have chosen as i am getting worried about my kids aged 4 7 and 8 starting out there. We arrive early November - thanks nat
thebaggos is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:53 am
  #9  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,913
Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Originally Posted by acbh2 View Post
Thankx Guys,

I know Oz doesn't work out for everyone, but for us it was definately the right move! Long may we continue to feel like that.

Hope all your plans work out and Oz is great for you.

Axx
Lovely post. pleased for all of you. I'm coming to GC soon only for a hol though.
Nu-Shooz is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:15 am
  #10  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
acbh2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2,872
acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Originally Posted by Little miss reub View Post
Lovely post.
Glad you are enjoying it, hope you carry on enjoying it.
Good luck with the house
Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz View Post
Lovely post. pleased for all of you. I'm coming to GC soon only for a hol though.
Thanks guys. Hope the hol is great!

xx
acbh2 is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:15 am
  #11  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
acbh2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2,872
acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Originally Posted by thebaggos View Post
Hi Andrea, glad you and your family are settling in! Just wondered which schools you have chosen as i am getting worried about my kids aged 4 7 and 8 starting out there. We arrive early November - thanks nat
Hey Nat have sent you a PM.

Axx
acbh2 is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:50 am
  #12  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,322
mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Originally Posted by acbh2 View Post
Still loving it!!! Couldn't ever imagine going back to the UK

We landed on our feet pretty quickly with the OH landing a fab job thats Brisbane pay and based on the Gold coast he goes to Brisbane when he decides as being a manager its down to him, so not as much travelling for him as we originally thought which is great

The children have settled well although we have had a few teething problems finding a school that suits our eldest who is 10 but he is starting at a new school in October and we are pretty confident he will like it, as is he.

To begin with we found our selfs in little england (or pacific pines) practically everyone we have met who lives here is from the UK. Its as if there is a built in radar for us all to come here Its a nice area but not for us long term as its to far from our sons new school and we want him to be able to make his own way there.

As for me well I'm loving life here and enjoying my non working time as a full time mum in the sun. There isn't a day that passes that we don't do something interesting whether that be going to the beach, seaworld, the park, toddlers, usually with some of the other great peeps I've been lucky enough to meet. The kids are off for 2 weeks and we are busy with someone everyday tiring I konw lol. Many peeps we have met are poms or scozzies but also some true blue ozzies, I haven't met a rude person yet (Well actually I have but lifes to short, so move on thats what I say!!)

I had worried about our social lifes as we knew we wouldn't have on hand babysitters anymore, but we needn't have worried as there isn't a weekend that has passed in the last 5 or 6 where we haven't been to a barbie at someones house or had them back at ours, unless we've met at the beach instead a fair old amount of wine has been drunk and some activities including swimming fully clothed have followed

This weekend is busy with a girls night in surfers which I'm sure will keep me in my bed all day sunday, but lifes to short so better enjoy it.

Almost forgot we've bought a house woohoo well subject to contract anyway

To those who are still to make the journey I wish you all luck and hope you find the dream you are looking for.

hugs Axxxxxxx

P.S. For those of you who shop I've been to Ikea with the ladies many times since I've got here:, but usually just for a scout round, coffee and lunch, it's weird as you could be in Ikea in Edinburgh, Glasgow, or Liverpool as its identical.
Wow dont time fly ? cant believe its been three months already.
Its good to hear you have settled in well, and good luck on the house
mands is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:52 am
  #13  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Fly Away's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Happily in Adelaide
Posts: 11,994
Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Great news that you're having such fun!!
Fly Away is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:18 pm
  #14  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
acbh2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2,872
acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Originally Posted by mands View Post
Wow dont time fly ? cant believe its been three months already.
Its good to hear you have settled in well, and good luck on the house
I know the old saying is true "time flies when your having fun"

Hope your good hun and plans are goin well.

Axx
acbh2 is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:38 pm
  #15  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,322
mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Originally Posted by acbh2 View Post
I know the old saying is true "time flies when your having fun"

Hope your good hun and plans are goin well.

Axx
hiya soz i keep missing you

we move in a rental in uk tomorrow, then we plan to go to oz in april all being well.
mands is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.