British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Been here 3 months and....... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/been-here-3-months-483417/)

acbh2 Sep 25th 2007 1:25 pm

Been here 3 months and.......

Still loving it!!! Couldn't ever imagine going back to the UK:thumbsup:

We landed on our feet pretty quickly with the OH landing a fab job thats Brisbane pay and based on the Gold coast he goes to Brisbane when he decides as being a manager its down to him, so not as much travelling for him as we originally thought which is great:thumbsup:

The children have settled well although we have had a few teething problems finding a school that suits our eldest who is 10 but he is starting at a new school in October and we are pretty confident he will like it, as is he.

To begin with we found our selfs in little england (or pacific pines) practically everyone we have met who lives here is from the UK. Its as if there is a built in radar for us all to come here :rofl: Its a nice area but not for us long term as its to far from our sons new school and we want him to be able to make his own way there.

As for me well I'm loving life here and enjoying my non working time as a full time mum in the sun. There isn't a day that passes that we don't do something interesting whether that be going to the beach, seaworld, the park, toddlers, usually with some of the other great peeps I've been lucky enough to meet. The kids are off for 2 weeks and we are busy with someone everyday:blink: tiring I konw lol. Many peeps we have met are poms or scozzies but also some true blue ozzies, I haven't met a rude person yet (Well actually I have but lifes to short, so move on thats what I say!!)

I had worried about our social lifes as we knew we wouldn't have on hand babysitters anymore, but we needn't have worried as there isn't a weekend that has passed in the last 5 or 6 where we haven't been to a barbie at someones house or had them back at ours, unless we've met at the beach instead:thumbsup: a fair old amount of wine has been drunk and some activities including swimming fully clothed have followed:o:rofl:

This weekend is busy with a girls night in surfers which I'm sure will keep me in my bed all day sunday, but lifes to short so better enjoy it.

Almost forgot we've bought a house woohoo well subject to contract anyway :)

To those who are still to make the journey I wish you all luck and hope you find the dream you are looking for.

hugs Axxxxxxx

P.S. For those of you who shop I've been to Ikea with the ladies many times since I've got here:o:, but usually just for a scout round, coffee and lunch, it's weird as you could be in Ikea in Edinburgh, Glasgow, or Liverpool as its identical.

The Brooks Sep 25th 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Been here 3 months and.......

Originally Posted by acbh2 (Post 5352447)

We landed on our feet pretty quickly with the OH landing a fab job thats Brisbane pay and based on the Gold coast he goes to Brisbane when he decides as being a manager its down to him, so not as much travelling for him as we originally thought which is great:thumbsup:

The children have settled well although we have had a few teething problems finding a school that suits our eldest who is 10 but he is starting at a new school in October and we are pretty confident he will like it, as is he.

To begin with we found our selfs in little england (or pacific pines) practically everyone we have met who lives here is from the UK. Its as if there is a built in radar for us all to come here :rofl: Its a nice area but not for us long term as its to far from our sons new school and we want him to be able to make his own way there.

As for me well I'm loving life here and enjoying my non working time as a full time mum in the sun. There isn't a day that passes that we don't do something interesting whether that be going to the beach, seaworld, the park, toddlers, usually with some of the other great peeps I've been lucky enough to meet. The kids are off for 2 weeks and we are busy with someone everyday:blink: tiring I konw lol. Many peeps we have met are poms or scozzies but also some true blue ozzies, I haven't met a rude person yet (Well actually I have but lifes to short, so move on thats what I say!!)

I had worried about our social lifes as we knew we wouldn't have on hand babysitters anymore, but we needn't have worried as there isn't a weekend that has passed in the last 5 or 6 where we haven't been to a barbie at someones house or had them back at ours, unless we've met at the beach instead:thumbsup: a fair old amount of wine has been drunk and some activities including swimming fully clothed have followed:o:rofl:

This weekend is busy with a girls night in surfers which I'm sure will keep me in my bed all day sunday, but lifes to short so better enjoy it.

To those who are still to make the journey I wish you all luck and hope you find the dream you are looking for.

hugs Axxxxxxx

P.S. For those of you who shop I've been to Ikea with the ladies many times since I've got here:o:, but usually just for a scout round, coffee and lunch, it's weird as you could be in Ikea in Edinburgh, Glasgow, or Liverpool as its identical.

Really pleased that you have settled so well, hope we do too in perth at the end of October.

Sam

brissydeb Sep 25th 2007 3:33 pm

Lovely update Andrea, great to hear that your all settling well. Congratulations on the new house and hope your wee boy settles into his new school. Counting (impatiently) down the months till we get there.:thumbsup:

Debbie

asher Sep 25th 2007 11:18 pm

Great to have your update Andrea :thumbsup:

it sounds as though you have landed on your feet and are settling in well

Im glad you have a good school for your son where you think he will be happier:D

take care love

see you in the barbie :thumbsup:

justcantwait Sep 26th 2007 9:21 am

hi
what a lovely post glad you are settling in,i get panicky every once in a while and reading positive posts really helps :D
good luck for the future

anne marie xx :thumbsup:

acbh2 Sep 26th 2007 9:47 am

Thankx Guys,

I know Oz doesn't work out for everyone, but for us it was definately the right move! Long may we continue to feel like that.

Hope all your plans work out and Oz is great for you.

Axx

Little miss reub Sep 26th 2007 10:30 am

Lovely post.
Glad you are enjoying it, hope you carry on enjoying it.:thumbsup:
Good luck with the house:thumbup:

thebaggos Sep 26th 2007 10:50 am

Hi Andrea, glad you and your family are settling in! Just wondered which schools you have chosen as i am getting worried about my kids aged 4 7 and 8 starting out there. We arrive early November - thanks nat

Nu-Shooz Sep 26th 2007 10:53 am

Originally Posted by acbh2 (Post 5355943)
Thankx Guys,

I know Oz doesn't work out for everyone, but for us it was definately the right move! Long may we continue to feel like that.

Hope all your plans work out and Oz is great for you.

Axx

Lovely post. pleased for all of you. I'm coming to GC soon;) only for a hol though.

acbh2 Sep 26th 2007 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Little miss reub (Post 5356094)
Lovely post.
Glad you are enjoying it, hope you carry on enjoying it.:thumbsup:
Good luck with the house:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 5356201)
Lovely post. pleased for all of you. I'm coming to GC soon;) only for a hol though.

Thanks guys. Hope the hol is great!

xx

acbh2 Sep 26th 2007 11:15 am

Originally Posted by thebaggos (Post 5356186)
Hi Andrea, glad you and your family are settling in! Just wondered which schools you have chosen as i am getting worried about my kids aged 4 7 and 8 starting out there. We arrive early November - thanks nat

Hey Nat have sent you a PM.

Axx

mands Sep 26th 2007 11:50 am

Originally Posted by acbh2 (Post 5352447)

hugs Axxxxxxx

Wow dont time fly ? cant believe its been three months already.
Its good to hear you have settled in well, and good luck on the house:thumbsup:

Fly Away Sep 27th 2007 7:52 am

Great news that you're having such fun!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

acbh2 Oct 3rd 2007 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by mands (Post 5356407)
Wow dont time fly ? cant believe its been three months already.
Its good to hear you have settled in well, and good luck on the house:thumbsup:

I know the old saying is true "time flies when your having fun":thumbsup:

Hope your good hun and plans are goin well.

Axx

mands Oct 3rd 2007 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by acbh2 (Post 5384047)
I know the old saying is true "time flies when your having fun":thumbsup:

Hope your good hun and plans are goin well.

Axx

hiya soz i keep missing you :(

we move in a rental in uk tomorrow, then we plan to go to oz in april all being well.