Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Back in the U.K 3 months on

Back in the U.K 3 months on

Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:11 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice
Default Re: Back in the U.K 3 months on

Great post,
IMHO posts like these are invaluable for going into this whole immigration thing with your eyes wide open.

James, Thankyou for sharing your story and I honestly wish you and your family all the best. x
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

It is great to see all the old posters on the forum.

My lad got into a school on Friday and will be starting in the next week or so

The frustrating thing is that the council follow a set procedure and no one will use common sense and overide it.
The school he is going to go to would not even discuss it on the phone as they have to wait for the education panel to contact them and then they write saying they accept him then the panel writes to us, confused wtf?

Jad n rich the reason is because we applied and then appealed he can be off for as long as it takes, frustrating I know and my wife got him some proper work books although it is not the same.The most dissapointing thing is that no one has or had been in touch. If we had kept him out of school we would be in court by now.
Nevermind he is bright so not too much of a problem at his age.

I don't have a problem with someone thinking the post is idiotic, I really am too thick skinned for that. Perth is not Australia I know and how do you know how much of Australia I have seen? What I meant in the post is that anywhere in Australia would be too far from the U.K for me which is where I want to be, so the thought of having living anywhere there feels me with fear. A couple of things may come across as a bit of a dig but that is how I feel. My stepbrother lives in Perth and would never come back here so we are all different even from the same family.

Well thanks again for the replies people and hope you are all equally well
Old Mar 8th 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on your son getting in to school.And again well done on a genuine truthful post.Good luck.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Very Happy
idiotic when Perth = Australia as he posted. It doesn't.

It's one of the best posts I've seen re someones return.

Very readable, very interesting and full of hope for those that find themselves close to sitting on the fence.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:40 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's one of the best posts I've seen re someones return.

Very readable, very interesting and full of hope for those that find themselves close to sitting on the fence.
Indeed. It seems odd for someone with 'Very Happy' as their user name to express such vitriol.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:02 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's not an idiotic post. Is his personal opinion. That it doesn't match yours is irrelevant. This is the Update Forum, for people to update others on THEIR PERSONAL experiences, not for others to rubbish those experiences.
Well Said
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:00 am
Banned

Very Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant future

Vitriol? I was being excessively mild. Strange people here lately.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold

It was an open and honest post. I hope everything works out OK for you all back in the UK.

Say Hi to Tescos for me
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Vitriol? I was being excessively mild. Strange people here lately.
Regardless of what level of rudeness anyone considers it was, there's no place for it in this particular forum. I'd be grateful if the sub conversation could now stop to allow the actual thread to continue.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:26 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your son finds a school place soon - he must be doing it tough. And good luck on continuing to settle back in.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi all.

It is great to see all the old posters on the forum.

My lad got into a school on Friday and will be starting in the next week or so

The frustrating thing is that the council follow a set procedure and no one will use common sense and overide it.
The school he is going to go to would not even discuss it on the phone as they have to wait for the education panel to contact them and then they write saying they accept him then the panel writes to us, confused wtf?

Jad n rich the reason is because we applied and then appealed he can be off for as long as it takes, frustrating I know and my wife got him some proper work books although it is not the same.The most dissapointing thing is that no one has or had been in touch. If we had kept him out of school we would be in court by now.
Nevermind he is bright so not too much of a problem at his age.

I don't have a problem with someone thinking the post is idiotic, I really am too thick skinned for that. Perth is not Australia I know and how do you know how much of Australia I have seen? What I meant in the post is that anywhere in Australia would be too far from the U.K for me which is where I want to be, so the thought of having living anywhere there feels me with fear. A couple of things may come across as a bit of a dig but that is how I feel. My stepbrother lives in Perth and would never come back here so we are all different even from the same family.

Well thanks again for the replies people and hope you are all equally well

One thing I've learnt in this life is that 'common sense' is not common.

You should have taken your son to a shopping centre/high street where you know the truancy police were operating. That would have been an interesting conversation. You could have really let off a bit of steam. I would have.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:44 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing your update James
The stressful part is over now (I hope!).
Good luck
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Homebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant futureHomebird has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Back in the U.K 3 months on

Great update, really enjoyed reading it. Best of luck to you and your family x
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that things are falling into place now for you FM. Hopefully with your lad back in school he will begin to make new friends and settle well.

Hope things just get better and better for you and at least you will have the joy of spring in the near future!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

james Perth isn't Australia, it's just a city in the remotest part of the country It's these idiotic posts that create so much confusion for possible immigrants.
Aren't you the dude who was"getting into the BMW and off to feed the horse" ?
I think you might just be one of those little insignificant Godzoners.
Or are you just stuck in Oz?
Very sad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.